Dr. Kenneth Ballou MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.7

March 10th, 2015
Dr. Ballou goes too fast and doesn't listen to my concerns. He dismissed my concern with taking a medicine. His nurse has an interesting mood and is not usually very friendly.

October 28th, 2013
What a joke!
First off new patients?? yeah right!! if you want to be seen twice a year go this guy. Also, if want to be treated like your health doesn't matter and be sent on a wild goose chase go this guy. They won't put you on the schedule, when they do they'll call to reschedule later and later, they won't put in your prescription refill, and if that wasn't enough he'll fly in and out and barely look at you or speak to you. GREAT JOB DOC!!! NOT!!!

August 17th, 2013
He Could Care Less
I'm seeing this doctor as a PCP for my HMO while my main purpose is to have a hip replacement and have already seen my specialty doctor (ortho surgeon). Ortho says THR is only option but needed an updated MRI since my last one was over 6 months old, to justify surgery for my insurance company. Surgeons don't do pain management pre-op, the PCP does. Dr. Ballou knew I was going to have surgery and I had to get established with him so he performed an H&P of which the janitor could do better. When he did hernia check, I told him I had prostate concerns because of difficulty urinating and always feeling like my bladder was full so asked if he could check my prostate since my britches were down (and I truly never like a prostate check as they're embarrassing!) as I was concerned. He said no, "some other time". WTH? He was dismissing me like I was a Target shopper and he was the cashier and I said WAIT! Explained I needed him for pain management. Gave him my med history and told him I was concerned about all the acetaminophen I've been talking (with narcotic) over last 10 months as I and other people have noticed my eyes looking yellowish and my urine being dark. He comes back with a Fentanyl patch script which was totally inappropriate. I don't need to be dependent on Fentanyl then have surgery and have it abruptly ended only to withdraw during recovery post-op. I'm not a cancer patient and I'm not terminal! Another WTH! Oxycodone or hydromorphone would have been fine while waiting for liver panel blood work to come back, then stay on one of those or back to hydrocodone. I didn't need to be put on the strongest med in the books, sheesh! Anyway...just very poor skills, personality, communication, etc. Didn't once ask if there were any issues going on with me I was concerned about. He could care less...

August 22nd, 2011
Pathetic
First off, the guy, dare I say MD Ballou didn't even look me in the eye once while I was explaining my situation. Next, he starts palpating the completely wrong area of pain even though I had just told him my story and then ignores other concerns that I felt were much more serious. Before I even know what was going on, he's out the door before I even had time to let him know that I needed a prescription refill. If you like being blown into the wind by someone who is supposedly concerned about your well being, then go to this guy---he'll treat you right, a true robot.

May 27th, 2011
Listened well
When I explained my symptoms to him he listened well and then made a couple of recommendations. I felt like he actually valued my opinions. He was quick to give me a referral and made sure to schedule a follow up.

September 16th, 2010
Totally the worst
No bedside manor. Did not explain anything. Would not listen to conserns felt blown off I filed a complint on him

April 21st, 2010
the dough man
I do not think he personally cares about his patients and I think he just guess at what's wrong or tells you there's nothing wrong. I had gall stones for 3 years and he had test done and found nothing, but he was doing the wrong test. My ob/gyn doctor found out what was wrong with one visit of me telling her what was wrong.