Overall Review

May 5th, 2016
Very Satisfied
15 months ago I went to the emergency room with kidney stone pain. Long story short, I saw Dr. Belkoff a short time later. He had my hospital CT scan. He suggested I wait a year to see if the two small stones still in my kidney grow. They did and he subsequently "blasted" them. Yes, he is in demand so it takes a few weeks to get an appointment. However, he answered all my questions did not rush me during the appointments and told me the risks involved. The procedure went smoothly. I travel overseas for up to 6 weeks at a time almost every year. I am thankful that I won't have to worry about another painful kidney stone incident while traveling.

September 19th, 2014
Not Happy With Results
I went to Dr. Belkoff for BPH related symptoms that included frequent nightime urination. He scheduled me for several in-office tests, with a female technician, which I found to be very uncomfortable and disconcerting. The testing was not something I would want to experience again. Most troubling, however, was the fact that there was no communication about any results or insights that these tests may have provided. No treatment, other than continuing the ineffective medication I was already taking, was suggested. Surely, I could have asked more questions, but with no reason to believe that he would have come up with any helpful solutions. I cancelled further appointments. I'm quite sure that the testing that was done in the office was costly to the insurance. One wonders if those excruciating tests served any function other than strengthening the clinic's bottom line. Due to worsening symptoms, I am now scheduled to see another urologist (not going back to Belkoff).

July 21st, 2014
PhD retired
I've had more than my share of surgeries in my 68 yr lifetime, but my experience with Belkoff was not surgery, but Torture. I was raised to trust and respect doctors and have worked in the Health field for the past 40 yrs. That trust has never been so shaken when I went to this man for a vasectomy. On 8/29/2013 I went to Belkoff's office for what I had been told was a very simple and relatively painless procedure. It was hardly that. I was given an Rx for 1 10mg Valium to be taken prior to the operation. I took this as prescribed and did notice a calming effect, but it had no anesthetic effect. Prior to the surgery it felt like Belkoff did inject a needle to the top of my thigh, and I never felt any anesthetic being administered to my scrotum or that area. What followed was approximately 30 minutes of what felt like my testicles being squeezed in a vice. I was yelling aloud that I was in tremendous pain. To that the Dr. asked "what kind of pain?" I replied that, as a baseball catcher for some 40 years, I had experienced many painful and debilitating "ruptures" and what he was doing was creating pain much like having my balls struck by a baseball, or even worse being crushed in a collision at home plate. to that he offered no pain relief or advice, but, instead, continued the torture while I screamed in pain. And what was even worse was that after what I thought was the completion of the procedure, he informed me that he was now going to "do the other side." I remember continuing to yell out loud hoping he would offer something to help, but he just carried on. I remember trying every mantra and meditation technique and forms of mind control, but the excruciating pain was ever present. I still can't believe that Belkoff was so aloof, so inconsiderate of my pain and my expressions thereof. I think I left partially in shock and disbelief, but I knew I would never allow such torture to my body again. I'm angry and still experience complications from trusting this man, and I hope that in reporting this experience, someone might not have to go through an experience such as mine.

June 14th, 2009
i would recomend this doctor highly because he did surgery on me and had an excellent outcome. HE SAVED MY LIFE!!