Neurological Surgeon, Neurologists
Medical Resource Group
45634 Schoenherr Rd
Utica, MI 48315
(586) 566-3000
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 27th, 2014

My first number of visits with him were great. He couldn't be more attentive, or listen more carefully. Then he got a little...distracted. Still a good doctor, but didn't listen quite as carefully as he did at first. Then, it got to where he didn't really listen much at all. He was always pleasant. My interpretation of what was going on was that it seemed like once he felt he figured out who you were, and what your diagnosis was, he had his mind made up, and there was no point in listening anymore.

|  He is alright I guess...  |  show details
by John on May 1st, 2013

When I was first diagnosed with epilepsy, I was referred to Dr. Bottesi. When I first met him, I thought he was nice and he asked alot of questions about me and made me feel comfortable by making some jokes and chatting. He explained a lot about the disease and how to maintain control of them. However, after some time, I felt that I was just waiting forever to see him when I would go to his office. Once he would come in to the room, he'd just refill my prescription and send me off. One time I asked him a question regarding medicinal marijuana (not asking for his reccomendation) and if he believes it could help or if he heard anything about it. He got very uncomfortable and left in the middle of my appointment. I walked out with him and he decided to keep discussing this issue in front of his staff and the rest of the patients in the waiting room. It made me feel very uncomfortable and since then I try not to see him often. Especially because I am a 26 year old without insurance now and his office visits are pricy. If he wasn't so close I would go to another neurologist. I believe he is a good doctor, but he is not the type of guy that makes me feel like I could come to him with any questions I have.

|  WOULDN'T RECOMMEND!  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

After taking my daughter to him for her condition he said she probably had some kind of MD. When I asked him if she would get better he flat out told us "probably not.". Imagine that stress. We ended up taking our daughter to U of M and getting a proper diagnoses. Turns out she doesn't have MD but for him to state this without any testing was careless on his part. I wouldn't recommend this doctor. Take the time and research doctors before you waste your time. I am very thankful for the knowledgable doctors at U of M. Will make the drive for top doctors in the country.

|  I have confidence in the care he provides  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

I am a nurse and I love Dr Bottesi! He has always been caring and shows concern addressing each one of my concerns. When someone sees as many patients as he does in his office as well as in the hospital it has to be overwheling at times. Yes he can come off a little strong but I think it is just his way of trying to lighten up the situation to remove the stress. i have sent my mother in law as well as my own father to Dr Botessi with all the confidence in the world that he will provide exceptional care.

Oct 22nd, 2011

Great dr , felt comfortable. I would refer my family

Sep 25th, 2011

Dr Bottesi was very caring and concerned when I saw him. He took time to explain the diagnosis and procedures and followed up with me as needed. I have referred him to several friends who also like him.

|  arrogant jerk  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2011

Saw him for an EMG of my vocal cords because I am a singer who loves to sing. I had thyroid surgery with a supposed expert 6 months ago and the surgeon damaged one of my vocal cords and never said a word to me. He let me think my voice would be fine. So Dr, Bottesi did the EMG and was such a jerk. More interested in my pain doctor losing his license than my problems. And when he was done, he told me in a sarcastic way that I would never sing again. He said "well, you won't be singing on Idol ever, that's for sure". How callous. The whole visit he was cold and arrogant. Do yourself a favor and don't go to him unless you like having a doctor who treats you bad.

|  Arrogance personified  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

I was referred to Bottesi for nerve trouble in my back. The minute he saw that I was epileptic he immediately ordered a brain scan and tried to the change the medication I had been taking successfully for 30 years. When I told him I already had an epileptologist, he started in with the alarmism - telling me my teeth were on the verge of falling out, my bones were cracking and that I would birth deformed babies. Uh Doc, did you even read my chart? I'm pushing 50 and menopausal. He never once addressed my back, just shoved a bunch of scripts in my hand and me out the door. That visit cost me $118.00.

|  Very good  |  show details
by Kevin Byrum on Jun 2nd, 2010

Dr. Bottesi is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. Straight to the point and gets you in when you need to.

Mar 22nd, 2010

I would not recommend this office to my friends. I was not treated well, and I feel that there are other, more caring and capable neurologists in the area.

|  my wife Sheri Walenciak  |  show details
by husband on Feb 4th, 2010

please tell her to get lost. she is a pill junky.

|  I like him!  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2010

I really like Dr. Bottesi. He listens, he's thorough, and he cares. The only "down side" I've seen with him is that he started out being more thorough than he is now. The first year I saw him, I'd rate him at a perfect 10 for thoroughness. Now, a few years later, I'd put him at about a 7. Still above average, yes, but a little less than how he started.

|  Very Impressed  |  show details
May 11th, 2009

I've been nothing but impressed by Dr. Bottesi, and I recommend him to others without reservation when they need a neurologist.