Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2014

I had TN and GN for about 6 months before finding Dr. Casey. I owe my life to this man. To keep it short he explain to me what was going on inside my body, explained what medications were available and what surgical procedures were available. At the end of the apt. I had plenty of knowledge of the issue I had and what my options were. Long story short 2 months later Dr. Casey performed a MDV surgery on me and I have 95% pain relief for three years at this point. If you are suffering from either of these issues I would highly recommend Dr. Casey.

|  My Mother Anne Mapes's Surgery in October of 2009.  |  show details
by Gabrielle Mapes on Apr 16th, 2014

Doctor Casey, I've never met you before, but I wanted to say thank you for saving my moms life, if it wasn't for you she wouldn't be here today. Thank you for changing not only her life, but mine with her. She's been coaching me in softball for the past 10 years and has been my only parent in my life, i'm a lot to handle at times, but because your operation was successful, she's more able to do more things. you're my hero!

|  show details
Mar 21st, 2014

I meet Dr Casey as a terrified 28 year old who has been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma. Even worse yet for Dr Casey he had to deal with my over bearing mother. He handled us both with ease and when we left his office I knew he was the surgeon for me. He took the time to answer every question imaginable and when we were done he even provided us with some common questions we had missed. Dr Casey was the third and final neurosurgeon I met with. Ultimately Dr Casey did perform my surgery and it went rather seamlessly. Ibwould recommend him to anyone without a doubt.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by Shannon on Nov 12th, 2013

I had a stroke almost 2 years ago and being only 31 it was rather scary. Dr. Casey was my Dr in the E.R and from that point on he has helped me through the most difficult times. He has always explained things to me without sugar coating them and i a way I would understand them. Some how his best side manner always made me feel I would be ok even when it wasnt certain. In the 2 years there was plenty of times I would email him with random questions and he would not hesitate to answer everything I would throw at him. I lost my Insurance for over a year and in that time he made sure that I knew he was not Dr that was in this for money. I had a very young Daughter and had an appointment when we had a snow storm. He called me and had my appointment over the phone from his office so I wouldnt have to take her out in the weather. The amount of help he has given me through emails while I had no insurance is remarkable. All so I could eventually get better. He is a Doctor that I wish most cost be half as good. He is truly what a Doctor should aspire to be. It is very sad what happened to me but I am truly blessed that he was the Dr that came into my room the day I had my Stroke, and for that I am grateful. On a side note, His PA Jen is just as an amazing person as he is. I only met her a few times but each time she always had a way about her to make me feel comfortable around her.

|  TN patient  |  show details
by Anne on Oct 16th, 2013

I read the reviews below and I have to say my experience was completely different. I went in with my MRI's in hand and Dr. chuckled and said the other dr.'s said you have MS right? I said yes but I didn't think I had it, he agreed and said no you have trigeminal neuralgia. He performed brain surgery 5 years ago, and I have to tell you I have my life back. I suffered for several years going from doctor to doctor being told I need to go on Copaxin, drug for MS and I refused, thank goodness I did because I didn't have MS I had TN. I recommend all woman who get a diagnosis of MS to get another opinion, you probably don't have it, its just because they aren't sure what you have. Dr. Casey saved my life, for that I'm thankful!!!

|  I have had much better  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2013

Does not listen , comes to is own conclusion way to fast right or WRONG!! I had 2 appointments to many, he sent me to theapy for my kneck, i had a plate where i had surgery before and now 3 bulgiing disc told him after the first month the theapy was giving me more problems at the second vist, he tells me another month of theapy. I'm looking for another doctor. My conclusion go else where........

|  Rude and arrogant  |  show details
by Kelly on Jun 26th, 2013

Drove an hour to see this Dr. Casey. He spent maybe five minutes with me. He did not listen to what my concerns with my back were, he spoke in a very rude manor towards me. I went to his office in high spirits thinking he could determine what's wrong with my back and legs as I'm in a lot of discomfort even on medication. I left there very confused and felt judged . I've never been treated in such a rude way by a Doctor. I don't recommend this Doctor at all .

|  Stay Away  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

This guy completely wasted my time and money. He seemed to want me to just go away as I have a difficult case. He is very smug and I am unclear if he even knows what is going on. This Dr. wasted my time and money. He seems to be one of those Drs. that is only interested in simple easy cases.

|  Horrible Doctor  |  show details
by John Smith on Jan 17th, 2013

Currently seeking malpractice suit against him for a botched surgery on my mother. Stay away from this doctor.

|  Long time Patient  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

I've been a long time patient of Dr Casey's and he is one of the best if you have TN or related disorders. With any Dr's you have to have patients with them, they are trying to help alot of people at once. I get frustrated sometimes too when waiting for a call back, or when I have to make a second call because know one returned my first call. When your in alot of pain you want all of their attention and that's just not possible. I know because I've been there. I've learned thru out the years that Dr's are people and not gods. Unfortunately they can't solve all our problems. This Dr really as done alot for People suffering with TN and other related problems.

|  I love Dr. Casey!  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

I had hemifacial spasms for 5 years. The spams were getting worse and were stopping me from participating in business and social events. I gathered information about the illness online and discovered there was a surgery that could help. I live in the Chicago area where there are very good hospitals and doctors. Over the years I saw 3 neurologists who advised me that surgery was not a good idea and recommended botox injections to "mask" the symptoms of my illness. I found Dr. Casey through the hemifacial spasm association. A fellow member of the association had unsuccessful MVD surgery with one of the neurosurgeons I saw in Chicago. She had a 2nd MVD surgery with Dr. Casey and it was successful! I called Dr. Casey's office and made an appointment. I took the 5 hour drive to his office and from the first time I met him, I felt like I finally found a physician that understood what I was going through. He spent an hour with me answering all my questions and putting my fears at ease. When I mentioned how he was able to help a fellow member with her 2nd MVD surgery, he pointed up and said all the thanks goes to God. I knew immediately he was the doctor for me and I scheduled my surgery. The staff at the hospital was fantastic. The morning of surgery they did everything they could to explain things and make me comfortable. Dr. Casey came in to speak with me before surgery and again calmed my fears - I wasn't even scared because I felt so good about choosing him for my doctor. Surgery went well and I remember him checking on me a few times that day and the next. I was in the hospital a few days and when I left, I passed a display in the lobby with his picture and a sign that said he was the physician of the year. Although I was not spasm free when I left the hospital, he told me the spasms should end within 90 days. I am glad to say they ended sooner. I think he is a brilliant and humble doctor.

|  D.R.E.Z. Surgery 15 months  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

What I disliked about Dr. Kenneth Casey I came in from out of state for the surgery on a airline one way ticket there and back home./dr. did not have my surgery date kept.30 hour delay Surgery is set to go, but his Physicans Aide team wasn't now its 36 hours until I have my surgery.What I did like about the Dr.he worked in a good hospital. 4 days later I am sent out of the hospital w/25 stitches.to be taken out from my home dr. There was no post operations follow up with this Dr. Casey.and no respnse e-mail or other wise or ways.to this date 15 months later, my pain drs. or family dr.has yet to be called back.

|  Horrible Physician  |  show details
by John Klacza on May 13th, 2010

This Dr. is one of those Dr.s that has a God complex he actually used the phrase "Well I've been doing this for thirty years" Good for you doc. So have a lot of factory workers doesn't mean they were any good at what they did. When he visited my wife he did not even give her an exam, just said give her steroids and send her home....she's crying and can't even walk. The rehabilitation Dr. refused to make a follow up plan because he said she needed surgery immediately. If your looking for a Quack look no further.