Dr. Kenneth Champagne MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 17th, 2016
Ms.
I was seen by Dr Champagne twice. The first time I saw him he was very nice and pleasant. He was ready to schedule a surgical procedure for my problems but unfortunately I had a stroke and had to push the procedure back. A year later when I went back to see him he was very rude and disrespectful. He continued to say shush and put his finger over his mouth to have we stop talking. He also had a totally different attitude with me about the need for having a surgical procedure to correct my problem. I am a 78 year old female and he made me feel like a child and I was so upset he made me cry. Who expects a physician to be so disrespectful especially to the elderly. His behavior was totally inappropriate and he should have consequences for his poor treatment of clients.

September 10th, 2014
Ignored me. Treated me for 6 weeks after surgery for infection and never tested for staph. Performed second surgery to drain wound and still never tested. I've had staph for 3 months. No longer seeing this doctor.

September 23rd, 2013
Extremely Competent
Prior to my operation (hemorrhoidectomy) I read Dr. Champagne's reviews on this and other sites. They seemed mixed. But I liked him very much. Yes, he is a tad blunt when it comes to bedside manner, but another way of looking at this is that he is very straightforward. As far as the actual operation, it could not have gone better and was no big deal. The recovery, of course, was the big deal, and it took about a week for me to "near normal." The good news, however, was that he told me I could eat anything I wanted after the operation -- pizza, whatever. I thought I'd have to eat jello or chicken brother for a week, but nope! He saw me three times as follow-up to the operation and all went well. So overlook the fact that he's a little terse, because I found him to be very skilled, and he did indeed solve my medical problem.

March 19th, 2012
Zero listening skills. Horrible bed-side manner. Lacking in kindness or empathy of any kind.
I came to 2 appointments, both with what I wanted to share with the Dr. and a couple of questions written down so I wouldn't forget. *Neither* time was I able to do so. And one time I asked him if I could share what I wanted to before he examined me, and at the start of the 2nd sentence, he put his hand INSIDE me (just after I asked him to wait) and proceeded to start talking. I was never able to read (again) what I brought to share.Horrible bed-side manner. No regard for the patient's intellect or wisdom about their own body and experience or previous Dr's findings. Zero listening skills. Lacking in kindness or empathy of any kind. Find another Dr. It was a waste of hundreds of dollars I spent, and there are *plenty* of Dr's in the world who will listen to you and work as a TEAM to determine what is going on and what is best for your care.Also, just to add, I came back to see him early because my situation had worsened drastically, my problem started bleeding again and spent the weekend causing me some of the most excruciating pain I've ever felt in my life. He looked at me for 30 sec. and said *he* thinks it's getting *better* with what he suggested. Did you not just hear why I came here Dr.? My symptoms, pain and problem has gotten worse? I also left sobbing. He never once called to follow up, cared in the least that I was in such distress or considered my opinion or thoughts of the least regard. Horrible, horrible experience.

March 15th, 2012
I have been to Dr. Champagne for two colonoscopies and removal of polyps. Dr. Champagne takes the time to listen and has a good bedside manner. When I called for my biopsy results, Dr. Champagne spoke with me personally (even though results were negative) and answered my questions. I would recommend him highly.

October 10th, 2011
Great Doctor
I feel that Dr. Champagne is an excellent doctor. I have seen him for two colonoscopies and the removal of polyps. He has a pleasant bedside manner, is caring, attentive and patiently listens to what you have to say. He met with me in recovery and later, when I called for my biopsy results, he spoke with me personally, answering all of my questions.

July 12th, 2010
Dr. Champagne is a wonderful surgeon with great knowledge. His bedside manners are quiet, yet thoughtful and concerned. He cares about me, and tends to everything I point out. He talks to me like a person, not a patient. He also answers all my questions and recognizes my little notebook and with a smile asks if I have more questions for him.

November 13th, 2009
he was direct and to the point, very professional. Seemed somewhat distant though. Almost irratated. I went to him for a colon screening because of my age and health issues. On the day of the colonoscopy at the hospital he spoke to me before the procedure maybe one minute if that. When I awoke the nurse said "you are all clear and can leave now". I never heard from him or his office again. I still wonder if and when I should have another one if at all. I'll look for another Dr. for my next one.