Dr. Kenneth Chapman MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management New York, NY

April 13th, 2017
THE BEST PAIN MANAGEMENT PRACTICE I HAVE EVER GONE TO
Dr. Chapman is so knowledgeable, and understanding of his patient's needs. All of his staff from the front desk to the physician aide (I met Anna) and office manager , Lou, everyone is warm, welcoming and compassionate about the patient's pain. I had several back surgeries that were unsuccessful, as well as bad knee surgery and after going to so many doctors to get me out of some of the pain, I discovered Dr. Chapman. I have been going to him once a month for a few months and am still in awe of how efficient and welcoming everyone is. I am on pain medication and in the middle of setting up some procedures that might help alleviate my pain. he's honest in his evaluations and is not aggressive with meds or methods. anyone who has ever said anything nasty regarding his care could not possibly be talking about this Dr. I recommend him to anyone who needs help in matters of pain management. I am grateful that I am his patient Reyna from Riverdale

May 26th, 2016
I have NOT got one negative thing to say about Dr.Chapman or his staff.

April 25th, 2016
Great experience!
Wonderful doctor. As good as advertised! Was caring and thoughtful and went out of his way to make me comfortable. Thank you Dr. Chapman! I am feeling much better!

January 15th, 2016
Grateful and happy
As a new patient, I was greeted by a caring, professional staff in the Staten Island office. From the first call to the appointment desk and throughout the interviews and treatment, I knew I made a good decision. 'Had treatment on the first visit. (I brought copies of my MRI and x-rays) The staff led me through each step of the process. Next step is a follow up appointment in 3 weeks. So far, I have found relief from my pain.

October 7th, 2015
Med Addiction
The only recommendation he could give is follow up with your refills which are narcotics and come in for injections. Any doctor that's not interested in your insurance they would just turn you into a junkie and tell you to follow up with dr. Kenneth Chapmen when you question the doctor how can I fix my problem the only thing he can recommend you is to follow up on medication an injection witch is temporary relief only .every doctor I go to say Chapmen is there to harm his patients for business..
Doctor's Response

Sometimes when dealing with chronic pain there are not many other options than taking pain medications and intermittent injections for symptomatic treatment. Unfortunately for some chronic degenerative spinal conditions there is no cure (if that is what you were looking for). It is our job to help you find what options are available to help with your pain and improve your quality of life and that is what we try to do for all our patients.

September 16th, 2015
Nothing short of a miracle
I had been in agony from arthritis in my back for months. One visit to Dr. Chapman and the pain disappeared almost instantly. Oh, it came back after several months but Dr. Chapman fit me into his schedule and with a few more injections it was gone again. The office is very busy but they always find time for you if you have an emergency. As a result, you often have to wait but that's so much better than going days without treatment. Another reviewer suggested that Dr. Chapman pushed anesthesia. That has not been my experience at all. It is available but I have never taken it for the injections I received. I found the procedures a bit uncomfortable but that was all.

August 4th, 2015
Always had an excellent expirence and results

May 20th, 2015
Miracle worker
Saw Dr. Chapman for lower back stenosis with associated pain. After one & a half series of injections, which had only limited beneficial effect, we discussed the microsurgery option, which I then did take. The experience itself & the post-operative course were exactly as he earlier described. This was about three years ago, now, & I have remained remarkably improved. Yeah, still get some pain or numbness & other intermittant, mild symptoms, but I remain dramatically improved over the crippling pain I was in before his treatment. This man is a miracle worker.

May 7th, 2015
Truly caring and compassionate
Dr. Chapman is the absolute best doctor that has ever treated me.

April 5th, 2015
Indifferent
I have seen Dr. Chapman several times. He doesn't seem to look over medical tests, or give an exam and you usually have a long wait and have to meet with some assistants before you even meet with him. He is often interrupted by staff and doesn't spend much time with you. He seems to be half listening sometimes and very busy with injections and leaving you to go inject someone rater than doing pain management, exam and doing tests. He seems to be set in his diagnosis and doesn't seem to work with other Dr's for your care. If you want an injection then go see him. He is a very nice guy but I prefer a Dr. that will walk you though things, find things to help you and make you feel better about your situation and help find solutions.

March 15th, 2015
Excellent doctor
Dr. Chapman has an extremely busy practice, but he does not let this prevent him from taking the time with his patients to give them the individualized attention they require. He is caring and compassionate. He has the amazing ability to recall the smallest detail of my symptoms and details of my particular ailment, which helps tremendously in my treatment. He is sensitive and straight-forward in regards to treatments and prognosis. I would definitely recommend him.

February 27th, 2015
Who's #1 in pain relief?
He's the best doctor I've ever seen! He'll STOP your PAIN! Gets to know you!