Dr. Kenneth Crabb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

February 10th, 2016
Knowledgeable but manners could use some help
I am currently seeing Dr. Crabb because of a large cyst on my ovary. He was just what I needed. I needed someone who knew what they were doing, and who would be able to make decisions without second guessing them self. He is very sure of his skills. If you need a doctor to diagnose you and get right to the point of this is how we're going to fix you. He's your guy. Pap's, deliveries, and prenatal care, find someone else. While he's extremely knowledgeable, he's a bit awkward, and honestly full of himself. I'm not a number, I'm a person, who is actually rather in tune with her body. Just because he's seen something play out the same way a hundred times before, what about the hundred times it didn't? It seems his mindset is going to the extreme and cutting out all variables that could cause an issue from the beginning. Not necessarily someone I want in the delivery room. Or taking care of my prenatal care.

November 16th, 2013
My doc for 10 years.
I've been with Dr. Crabb for about 10 years. I love the small at the St. Paul office. He's made great diagnoses and recommendations for several minor medical conditions as well as delivering my first child. The reason I most like him is that when I ask a question he doesn't make me feel like I'm taking up his time. He gives me clear, medical information to help me make a decision and not just his opinion.

April 8th, 2013
I also liked him.
I see that Dr Crabb has some bad reviews. His communications skills are admittedly not the best but he is a very good doctor and knows what he's doing. If you come armed with the questions you want/need to ask (which you should do with any doctor) he communicates fine. He diagnosed and corrected my problems in a timely fashion and was very professional.

August 23rd, 2012
Great Staff, but Dr. is a jerk
Everyone at Dr Crabb's office is really nice. Wait time is good too. Dr Crabb, however, is not a nice person to talk to and is terrible in the delivery room. He waited until I was almost fully dilated to give me an epidural despite the nurse's urging to do otherwise. He also offered me a tubal ligation immediately after my birth "so this doesn't happen again". Excuse me, but that was a terrible time to offer something that we had NEVER discussed and "this happening" was one of the greatest moments of my life. He is big on pitocin even though it caused fetal distress and my daughter had to be vacuumed out. He does pester you about your weight and makes the whole ordeal of pregnancy feel very negative. I would stay away from him for pregnancy! It's a magical time and deserves a more positive Dr.!

September 20th, 2010
I like him
It's not about wether my Dr. is my friend. I want my Dr. to be able to treat me and be able to do his job accurately. Dr. Crabb has shown be both of those qualities the last 2 years I've had him as a Dr.

March 6th, 2009
terrible doc

February 13th, 2009
ladies! Stay away from this man!

September 18th, 2008
This doctor will pester you about weight/the amount of weight you are gaining during your entire pregnancy as well before/after. The problem is that he is not good at talking to women about their weight and offers no real solutions. I felt shamed the entire time I had him as my doctor even though I was not more than 5 pounds overweight during the entire time I saw him. The man is obsessed with this topic. Be aware if you are touchy about weight issues and plan to be his patient.