Physiatrists
Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
5228 W Plano Pkwy
Plano, TX 75093
972-250-5700
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Stay away from this wanna be doctor  |  show details
by Rachael on Jul 10th, 2013

This man grabbed my hurt arm in such a painful manner. He then told me to just rub it and it will feel better. He also stated that my symptoms don't make sense. He did not order testing to check the nerve function but stated he is a nerve specialist. Last I checked a nerve specialist is a neurologist which he is not. He was very condosending in his tone and quickly left the room without answering my questions. His assistant Maggie is BEYOND rude and is very unprofessional in her dress. I thought I was at a brothel by the way she looked. Maggie called my phone three times and text twice in a matter of ten minutes when setting up the appointment. She also left rude voice messages that I wasn't answering my phone. Once I was able to take her call she was just as rude. When leaving the office I asked did I need to check out or sign anything and she rudely said no its covered because if it wasn't I would be charging you over $200 right now. I QUICKLY left before I fell to her level of rudeness. I would never pay $200 for a doctor and his assistant to treat me rudely and disrespectfully. Doctor was in room for no longer than five minutes.

|  Impressed  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2013

I have to say the experience I had with Dr Dauber was nothing less than professional and helpful I immediately was taken by his approachable and amicable personality when handling my situation. He immediately made me feel comfortable as he demonstrated genuine concern and understanding with my problem. I was also quite impressed with his skills in diagnosing my problem along with a conservative plan in treating my back pain. As a patient, his communication skills to return for a follow up appointment for reevaluation assured me of his sincerity towards my back pain. I would freely recommend Dr Dauber to family and friends By the way ... My back feels great!

|  High School Coach  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

Quite surprised by previous reviews. Dr. Dauber has been extremely helpful treating my back. I really appreciate the approach of managing my back rather than jumping to surgery or some other more drastic response. I appreciate the friendly, casual approach as it makes it much more personable and easier to talk about my level of pain, how it impacts day to day and how treatments have helped. Have never felt rushed. In fact, had my wife on speaker phone during one appointment because she had additional questions about my visit. I do appreciate not having to wait as the entire office is prompt and efficient.

|  Review  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

I will not be back. I wasn't felt like my problem was important to my doctor, and not happy how I was spoken to.

|  waste of time... find a real doctor  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2013

diagnosed me in two minutes. threw anti inflams and muscle relaxers. did not help went back a month later and changed up medications still did not help. released me and told me to go back to normal activities and still suffering. do yourself a favor and find a real pain management doctor who cares for their patients. i hope he reads so he see his true colors.

|  Definentely in the wrong field  |  show details
by Rodriguez on Feb 1st, 2013

He was in a hurry, made me feel like I wasn't in pain, and he wouldn't let me finish my sentences, and basically just wasn't really a people person no compassion what so ever for being a doctor you can tell whose in it for the money and who truly cares about people and their well being, and I can say Dr. Dauber should be Dr. Dinero.

|  Not much time.  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

Seemed like the times I saw him he was in a hurry to get to the next patient. Told time on each appt. was probably around 2 minutes each. Probabaly on the same level was his asst. who tried you like a "number" moving you out the door for the next person to arrive. Don't dare try and ask her a question. She's 5 feet in front of you on to the next person.

Feb 21st, 2012

Wow! I could have written any of the previous ratings. The man is an absolute no-talent arrogant jerk. He told me to "power through my pain" and went on to share that if his wife did, than certainly I can, too. A colleague of mine who also saw him noted that if you listen when he is in the rooms next door to you as you are waiting you will notice that he says literally the exact same thing to all of his patients. He is a "must miss" for certain!

Feb 16th, 2012

Be prepared...Dr. Dauber is arrogant and kind of a jerk.

|  Other reviews are correct. Arrogant, doesn't listen, doesn't try to find the problem.  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

This man doesn't bother with an actual diagnosis, he feels he already knows what's wrong and that you just need to "power through it." How do you power through intense back pain? And what kind of doctor recommends that after a 30-second physical examination? He will talk down to you and make you feel as though you are wrong/lying for being in pain. This level of arrogance is unacceptable in any profession, downright dangerous for a doctor.

by aa on Dec 1st, 2010

Not a good Dr

|  Does not understand pain management, diagnosis, or treatment  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2010

I saw this guy a few years ago and he is one of those that believes pain is in the patients head and there is no such thing as chronic pain unless an MRI shows a broken spine etc. He misdiagnosed several conditions that were caught by Texas back Institute and later 2 pain management doctors. If you break your pinky and bruise a rib, perhaps he is the man to see. If you have a more complex condition, be very careful.