Internist, Rheumatologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Very Pleased with Dr. Des Rosier  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2014

Very Pleased with Dr. Des Rosier! I took my mother to see this doctor last week and I was very pleased with the staff and the doctor. The Doctor took his time with my mother and examined her thoroughly. He asked several questions regarding her medical history. Questions he would only know to ask if he had read her medical records from previous doctors. Needless to say he took the time to learn about her condition before she arrived for her appointment. It is obvious he care for the well being of his patients and I would recommend him to anyone with RA!

|  Staff named Suzanne  |  show details
by Vanessa on Apr 15th, 2014

I orignally had an appointment with Dr. Desrosier and dealt with a staff member by the name of Suzanne at the location off village drive.She was the most aggressive and unprofessional appointment schedular, as i was trying to reschedule my appointment she was very demanding and not sympathetic to my concerns, she would not let me speak, she would speak over me and made me felt very uncomfortable to where i didnt feel i was able to express my concerns about a day for an appointment, she put her hand over the phone and told the staff in the background that i wasnt letting her make me an appointment which was untrue, point being she was rude and does not have the customer skills to run an office or deal with patients.

|  show details
Mar 11th, 2014

I am a new patient of Dr D. The first visit with him made me think he was a great dr. It went down hill from there. His staff tried to change my meds dose because it was not a protocol dose. Then I got an infection and went to speak to him about still taking my meds. He failed to acknowledge my husband at all the whole appt. After him telling me that I could not take my meds I asked what I was I suppose to do. His response "Sucks to be you". Yes I am looking for a new Dr. After reading the past reviews it is time for him to retire and yes is staff is very unprofessional.

|  Not possible to rate this any LOWER than ONE star... I would if I could!!!!  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. K. Desrosier for almost 3 years. I was seeing him for my fibromyalgia. I am no longer seeing Dr. Desrosier. The last 3 or 4 times that I had been in to see him I have felt as if I was just in the way or intruding on their (the staff) time. Dr. Desrosiers staff is VERY unprofessional, and extreamly UNorganinized!!! I was always being OVERCHARGED due to my "deductable" only to receive a refunded check 6 to 9 weeks later from Dr. Desrosiers office. (annoying) When trying to explain that I do NOT have a deductable ,make a phone call, the only answer I would ever get was, "I see a red alert next to your name in the computer, sooo that IS what you owe". They are forever having computer problems and this causes you, as a patient, to wait even longer. The front office, when you first walk in, smells like Bill Millers. The staff is always eating while you, the patient, are trying to sign in or ask questions, make appointment ect. Once I tried to bring some of my concerns up with Dr. Desrosier,he became very defensive and told me that his office staff has nothing to do with my fibromyalgia! When I told him that I disagree with that statement 100%, he said he doesnt have time to here about my complaints. This is likely true but what is more likely is that I beleive that he doesn`t WANT or VALUE me as a patient to take a few minutes to direct me to the office manager or even understand where I was coming from. The most frustrating thing for me that I mainly wanted to discuss with him is the fact that my phone messages were not being addressed. I had a script for Lyrica and it had expired,because its only good for 6 months. The pharmacy said they called and I had called. I had got nothing. I was out of a daily medication that I am dependent on to function. ( I started calling when I had a weeks worth of medication left) To anyone who has ever had to come off of a required medication abruptly....it sucks! Lyrica withdrawls are BAD! My point was to find out where the lapse in communication was. Did the Dr. no longer want me to take Lyrica??? Was his staff not getting the message off the machine? where is the breakdown? It may not seem very important to him but this was an issue for ME! I was hurt that my Dr. of almost 3 years had such little compassion and concern for my needs. In fact, Dr. Desrosier, was so disconnected and disinterested that he continued the exam as if I was not even speaking. At this moment he asked if I needed any refills....DUH!! Yes, I havent been taking my Lyrica. Dr. Desrosier said,"who took you off of that?" OKAY-I was done in that moment! He hasnt heard a word I have said!!! Dr. Desrosier called me argumentative said that I probibly wasn`t used to a doctor speaking to me this way ( becaues he raised his voice). I told him nobody speaks to me this way. I am an adult and should be treated as such. He stood up and told me that if I didnt like it I could leave. That is what I did. I recevied a certified letter in the mail about 2 weeks later from him that stated he no longer wants to be my Doctor... HAHHHAAA like I want to be his patient!!! I have a new Doctor now and everything is back to normal. I had forgot what it was like to have compassion and a simple thing like a phone call.

|  DO NOT GO HERE!!!!  |  show details
by Aubrey Flores on Oct 24th, 2013

Don`t ever think about questioning Dr. DesRosier!!! That would be a mistake!!! He has many patients and doesn`t have the time to explain to "you" (me) everything. I guess he thinks I may not have comprehend what he might say.?? When I told him that I didn`t appreciate being talked to, or treated that way,and that I was a patient too,and also deseaved his time just like everyone else, he basicly told me to leave. He told me that I was "contentious". Needless to say,my husband and I left and we will not be returning after being a patient for over 2 years. P S. The whole thing started b/c I stated something about a staffmember being rude on the phone and then he snapped back with that has nothing to do with why you are here today. Actually, yes it does sir, if you would have let me finish my statement. Then he asked me "the question" about the drug, gabapentin. Down hill from there. I have seen this Doctor many times, I would never send anybody to him now.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

Dr. DesRosier is very attentive and understanding. His acceptance of the patient's statements is clear and generous, without condescension or skepticism. Dr. DesRosier makes the patient feel valued and does not patronize the patient with false acceptance. When he disagrees or does not believe something is likely, he is very polite, but direct in his assessments.