Dr. Kenneth Distler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 15th, 2015
Giving two different stories
Had a comp case first appointment said was pre-existing not of the accident. second appointment called because they wanted me back on regular job which consist of standing 8 hours. They said comp had been dismissed would have to pay with my own insurance. I made appointment he comes in room and asked why my insurance card number on file because it was a comp case. Told him his secretaries said only way could see because I was dismissed. He said no its a comp case . I had pre-existing bone on bone that I didn't even know I had but the injury agravated it. Third visit says up to me if i think comp go ahead and fight or he will still do surgery with my insurance. Seems crooked to me.

June 28th, 2015
Two total hips, everything was the best you could hope for

September 19th, 2013
Retail Manager
Dr. did surgery on my shoulder. Surgery went great. Listened to my concerns, and was supportive to them. Best bedside Manner I have ever experienced. If only I could go to him for all my medical needs.

September 29th, 2011
will go back to have other knee done
great job, almost back to normal after a couple of weeks. great outcome, will go back.

September 22nd, 2011
The first patient from our family to be treated by Dr. Distler was my father-in-law who had a successful hip replacement at age 85. My husband and I have each had 2 surgeries by Dr. Distler with great outcomes. In addition, my sister-in-law, grandson, and I have been properly treated for injuries with excellent results. Physical therapy has been ordered when appropriate. Most recently a good friend of mine was very happy with her wrist surgery performed by Dr. Distler. We have all appreciated his practical common sense approach to our concerns.

August 28th, 2010
This doctor does way to many "independant medical evaluations" for insurnace reasons and always sides with the insurance company
I want to warn everyone that while going to this doctor for a so call "independent medical examination" I was asked more questions as to how many times I had been married, where my grown children were living, and many other personal questions that had absolutely nothing to do with what I was there for. he then sided with my insurance company as to my injuries (was injured by a drunk driver years ago HEAD on - on the freeway) Was shocked that after only 41 surgeries in 13 years that I was able to get disability.. well that was a real brain storm winner there. I am now having to sue my insurance company and go thru litigation to get what he did to my case UNdone. Dr distler was only ONE of more than a dozen orthopedic surgeons I have had to go to in the last few years and the ONLY one to state that he feels I am not disabled. Even though I have a rod in my leg (where my femur used to be as it was completed shattered in the accident) and I have an extreme amount of arthritis in that area now. I was also listening in the background of the office at the time I was in there, it appears he does a LOT of these so called IME's for the insurance company. I am sure he gets paid to just agree with what ever the insurance company wants him to say!