Dr. Kenneth Edel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

December 12th, 2013
Doesn't listen, loves referrals, and no answers
I agree with the other poster that he fits the profile of a typical Southern doctor with little knowledge, answers, and the love for referrals. Many times my medication was tweaked or stopped without regard for my condition. His famous phrase was 'I don't do that or you need a specialist.' I found him to be condescending with little regard for feedback or alternatives. I'm so glad that I am not locked into the practice with my HMO. Now, I can find a more educated doctor that is not hung up on referrals.

November 8th, 2012
Edel fits every stereotype of a small town southern doctor. I'd hate to imagine someone without insurance going to see him where he wouldn't have insurance to price gouge. Even after all the tests he'll want to run (most needless) he then still only picks what he decides he wants to help you with and 8 times out of 10 you're going to be referred to another doctor.

October 16th, 2012
Harrison-Evans
Love Dr. Edel! Love his staff! Always treated me w/respect. We like Dr. Edel's friendliness, does not rush, takes time to explain findings, welling to listen to patients aches, pains, etc. Wish he was credentiled at Gaston Mem - had a bad exp @ Presby before mom passed away.

July 9th, 2012
Dr Edel has missed diagnosed my husband problem at one point and one time prescribed a medication he was know to have a reaction too. Another time I had to make 3 trips to his office to get a release signed for out patient surgery, when we were told it would be faxed to the attending physican. I have no faith in Dr Edel.

November 6th, 2011
What you want in a doctor!
Dr. Edel is one of the best, most caring, most accurate MD's I have ever encountered. He listens first, asks questions, then treats - and at the same time makes you feel as if you've visited a friend. He has been part of our lives for over 10 years...a true Family Physician. We are blessed to have found him..

February 23rd, 2011
He is the best.....
I have been with him almost since he got out of school and I just love him...

July 28th, 2010
Great Doctor!
I have been with Dr. Edel for over 10 years, and I highly recommend him. I've had trouble a couple of times getting an appointment quickly, but that is the only (very minor) negative. He is great with patients and has given me great referrals when necessary.