Dr. Kenneth Fink Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Fink?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

February 11th, 2016

very informative on all matters concerning my problem

September 3rd, 2015

Caring Doctor

I have been trying to find a board certified hematologist who actually takes an interest in my blood disorder, hemochromatosis. Many general practitioners aren't even aware of this genetic disorder. Dr. Fink was a wealth of knowledge about this and guided me in my treatment with exact bloodwork numbers that I should be guiding my therapy with. He was able to make me understand more of how this affects my entire body with iron accumulation in many vital organs. He gave me information that other doctors had not about how to handle this and how to start feeling less joint pain and how to prevent the iron from destroying other vital organs (heart, liver, etc.) He was very easy to talk with and spent a lot of time answering my questions. I would definitely recommend this doctor!

September 2nd, 2015

Not long ago, I was planning on having a hysterectomy because of multiple uterine fibroids and an ovarian cyst, but after a suspicious-looking pelvic sonogram, followed by an MRI, I was told by my OB/GYN that I had advanced ovarian cancer. There was what looked like tumors throughout my peritoneum. She sent me to a renowned surgeon who specialized in female surgeries and he scheduled me for immediate surgery that occurred by the end of that week. The odd thing was that my CA125 (cancer marker) test was in the normal range. I called Dr. Kenneth Fink, a hematologist/oncologist whom I have known for many years and have always trusted and admired for his wisdom and compassion. He called both my surgeon and my GYN to discuss my situation, advising them that he did not believe I had cancer due to my normal-range CA125 test results, however he could not convince them that it might be something other than cancer. After my surgery and two bouts of pathology tests, it was confirmed that what was removed was benign disseminated fibroids and not cancer. It was a very rare condition that my surgeon (who stated that he has done more female surgeries than anyone else on the east coast) had never come across in all his years of female surgeries. Basically, the uterine fibroids had somehow gotten outside my uterus and had disseminated throughout my peritoneum. I never doubted Dr. Fink’s belief that I did not have cancer, which helped me get through those most difficult 5 days until the pathology report was confirmed. I would recommend Dr. Fink to anyone dealing with cancer for the best treatment possible. He is a brilliant doctor; trustworthy, knowledgeable, honest, concerned, caring, and tenacious.

March 7th, 2015

Does not follow-up

Would not choose. Does not follow-up or return phone calls.

October 15th, 2014

Avoid

Not helpful and apparently can't remember from visit to visit what was said. Makes decisions pretty much on the fly. Make sure you record every conversation so that you can play it back to him.

October 14th, 2014

Unreliable

Cannot trust his knowledge level, his decision making skills, or his effort on behalf of patients. He needs to focus on quality of service versus number of patients he sees.

May 18th, 2017