inactive

Dr. Kenneth First MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Houston, TX

April 27th, 2016
Great doctor and a great surgeon.

July 26th, 2015
Great doctor!!!! Tells it like it is.

August 13th, 2013
The surgeon
I read the reviews and must say, they're all over the place. Bottom Line: "Great doctor, Excellent surgeon, good person and he is active in the community" (that guy on the sideline during highschool football games...yes, that's him). He can treat anyone in my family needing help.

June 26th, 2013
I tried to look past his arrogance, as I too had been warned about it. However he is over the top! After tossing papers he didn't consider relevant out of my file at me, saying he doubted my test result diagnosis, but giving me no other one, never calling in my prescription(I have a condition with undeniable severe pain), not returning a call, he left me without helping me at all. After a month, I found out he had lost all of my records-X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs. I had to show up in person to get office to address the problem. All the while, I was still in severe pain and without medical care for a very serious problem. He couldn't care less.

June 24th, 2013
Glad I found him
I would recommend Dr. Kenneth First to anyone needing orthopedic care and /or surgery. Family members and friends told me about him when I tore my meniscus. Post-surgery, I understand why. He knows his practice well. If you don't mind that his bedside manner is a bit rushed (but thorough), he's your doctor. I am glad I found him.

May 15th, 2012
Good Surgeon
I went to Dr. First for a torn meniscus, I had heard he had a tough bedside manner, but I am more interested in getting back on my feet than worried if we become friends. He is a very busy man, but what surgeon is not... especially when you are trying to run a practice and operate 3 days a week. He was actually very nice to me and did a great job cleaning out my meniscus. He is professional and one of the best at what he does as a surgeon, I highly recommend him for knee issues.

August 11th, 2011
Good surgeon, rushed when comes to office visits
Great surgeon, did the job correctly. Got miffed when asked questions, had to catch him going out the door several times before my questions were even asked. I started taking a voice recorder so I could replay questions/answers. He seems to always be rushed and uninterested in giving information unless specifically asked (if you can keep him in the room long enough). A little more time with the patient and a little less rushed would rate him 4 stars on all accounts.

May 31st, 2011
As long as Dr. First doesn't consider you OVERWEIGHT, you may do fine. I've had a weight problem for yrs. & take several medications, including having the Lap Band placed which had to be removed 2 yrs. later due to complications. I take thyroid meds., have sleep apnea & I'm physically disabled due to ortho issues. I've had 3 falls on my left knee, but he was cleraly not interested in hearing about them. I was referred to Dr. First so this was my 1st visit. Once he saw my weight he told me "it's your weight, that's your problem & I'm not even taking up my time to look @ your MRI rpt.". Just that blunt. He knew nothing of my medical history or weight problems. He just looked at me, stereotyped me & assumed all I do is lay in bed & eat all day. He offered me no physical therapy, no meds., nothing !!! No hope, no encouragement, nothing. He offered absolutely nothing !!! After bringing me to tears from humiliating me about my weight he just stands up, tells my husband to have a good day & that was that. Needless to say, I will be reporting his discriminating tactics to both of my insurance companies & the Board !!!

August 16th, 2010
Dr First is awesome
Dr First performed surgery on both knees - several years apart (1998 & 2006). He is candid, honest, treated me like an adult explaining the issues with each knee and did not molly coddle me - he is exactly what more physicians and surgeons in particular should be like - he is NOT knife happy, he gives you the pros and cons and lays out the risks. He also pulled no punches when reminding me that for every l lb of weight I carry, my knees carry 3 lbs - which is a large reason I've been able to maintain an 80 lb weight loss. Unfortunately I am no longer in Houston, but I highly recommend Dr First to anyone who expects/demands honest medical advice followed with phenomenal surgical expertise if surgery is the route you elect to follow

August 9th, 2010
Dr. First is a great surgeon. I had total knee replacement and was back on my feet (not even a cane) in a couple of weeks.