Dr. Kenneth Flicker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Flicker?

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Flicker?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 17th, 2015

Unnecessary Comments

My wife gave birth at Miami Baptist and Dr. Flicker was the pediatrician on call to examine our baby. Let me start off by stating, I'm sure he's a fine pediatrician (in terms of assessing and figuring out complications), but his demeanor didn't sit well with my wife and I. He came across extremely pompous and gave numerous unnecessary comments that my wife and I found inappropriate and insensitive, especially given the timing of them (two days after birth). The comments themselves were not needed and had nothing to do with the well being our my child, they were based on personal preference. The first comment was regarding infant formula. I brought our own formula (organic) just in case our baby wouldn't breastfeed and instantly Dr. Flicker felt the need to lecture us that all formulas are "the same" and that "organic isn't even regulated". Second comment was regarding diapers. Again, I brought my own diapers and he made a sly remark regarding the brand name, "Honest". He stated, "Gotta love marketing, is there a "dishonest company?" It might not seem like much, but the tone and his presentation was demeaning. I was way too tired and overwhelmed to even begin a discussion on organic food and healthier products for newborns, so I said nothing. Again, the comments weren't needed and we never asked his opinion on the personal preferences. I'm sure parents we love Monsanto, GMOs, vaccines and pesticides wouldn't find any fault in this doctor, but for parents that ASK questions - stay away.

July 20th, 2012

I have a 3-month-old son, so we have not known this practice for very long. We have seen Dr. Flicker twice. Dr. Flicker has a matter-of-fact, somewhat blunt communication style, which I like because its combined with very good listening skills and patience. He listens well and is willing to explain his thoughts behind a diagnosis, and I have been very happy with the way he has fielded our questions and concerns. He is very understanding and empathic and is not condescending. Since weve worked with this practice for only a short time, I cant say whether he is a competent physician, though he seems to be competent based on our limited experience with him.

March 14th, 2012