Ophthalmologist (eyes), Pediatric Specialist
Video profile

Lousy Admin Support show details Lousy Admin Support
Jul 21st, 2016

Rigid scheduling and practice management from the 70s. Too bad if phone not answered. He's got plenty of patients so they don't really need you. He's probably technically the best pediatric eye physician for hundreds of miles, but his lousy admin support makes Walmart look like the place to go!

No Bedside Manner show details No Bedside Manner
Jun 30th, 2016

In my opinion he is just average, he has no beside manner at all. Your dealing with children and he is like dealing with Ben Stein in his clear eyes commercial. The new office at Wheeling Hospital is better than the old Martins Ferry location, but same nasty dirty toys in the lobby. In regards to his actual practice, I'm in the air. He just doesn't interact well with my daughter. These are babies and they are scared and he just has no personality. How can you determine an acuate outcome when the child is scared of him. Maybe not scared, but timid when dealing with him. If he was warmer with the kids and interacted better with them, then maybe my review would be better. There are no other pediatric opthomologists in the wheeling area, so he has the monopoly in this field. If I want a second opinion, I will have to go to Pittsburgh PA. If you decide to use his practice, judge yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about. Good Luck

Overall, smart with no personality show details Overall, smart with no personality
Apr 8th, 2014

His bedside manner could use some work... He is working with children and he never smiles or interacts. He is very smart and I trust him but there are times I feel like he doesn't listen to the parent or even act like I am in the room. The plus is we have never had to wait and it's easy to get an appt.

We Love Dr. Gainer show details We Love Dr. Gainer
Apr 9th, 2012

I was taking my boys to a different eye dr. Wanted a second opinion and decided on Dr. Gainer. Dr. Gainer has saved my son's vision. He is 6 and for the first time is seeing 20/20 through his glasses. In the year that we have been going to Dr. Gainer my son has made AMAZING improvement. I reccomend Dr. Gainer to everyone with kids.

Aug 18th, 2010

Best pediatric ophthalmolgist in the tri state area.

Do not advise using this doctor show details Do not advise using this doctor
Aug 26th, 2008

Surgery was performed on my son when he was three, he is now nine and has more problems than he did before surgery.