Dr. Kenneth Goldaber MD Patient Reviews

2.6
  • 19 reviews

July 19th, 2016
Awful
This doctor was awful, he talked down to me, told me that my baby would be stillborn, threatened to call my job without my permission and inform them of my high need for doctors appointments. I am a type one diabetic and when I found out I was pregnant I had an elevated A1C, which he told me I would be in the hospital for within a week (it was not that bad, I have been diabetic for 22 years), he called my OB and told them I was outrageously out of control causing my OB of about 8 years to drop me as a patient because he made them so uncomfortable with my situation. He would not listen to a word I was saying to him, and this was my initial appointment and he just made a bunch of assumptions about mine and my babies health. Scare tactics. Thanks to the help of my Endo, my new OB, and my wonderful new maternal fetal medicine doctor at obstetrix medical group in Fort Worth, my diabetes is better than it is ever been and I will be giving birth to a healthy baby boy in November. Unless you like mental and emotional abuse and rudeness in a doctor, please go somewhere else. No one deserves to hear that their baby doesn't have a chance without any kind of through testing, and based on my experience and that of others, this doctor is all about jumping to the worst conclusions.

February 17th, 2015
Terrible experience
This doctor suggested that I consider terminating a pregnancy because of a complication. I now have a healthy, bright, energetic, normal, and growing child. That's all that needs to be written.

February 5th, 2015
Horrible, No compasion

January 31st, 2015
Overbooks & horrible bed side manner
They overbook like no tomorrow with an average wait time of 1 hr+ just to be called back. Herd you like cattle and he can never remember your chart from one room to the next let alone from one appointment to the next. Horrible.

January 19th, 2015
some of the staff are extremely rude. Especially the nurse that takes the vitals

July 29th, 2014
I have had 3 visits for ultrasounds with Dr. Goldauber. Wait time is pretty awful but that really doesn't surprise me given the specialty. I find the Doctor himself to be pleasant. I don't feel joking a bit is unprofessional in the least. He has answered the questions I have asked and has been very encouraging. I refused genetic counseling at the first visit as well as any further genetic testing past the harmony test I had done. I was given no argument for this and he was respectful of my choices. I am not sure I agree with the need for an ultrasound every week after 32 weeks but I will discuss with my regular OB and if she is in agreement have no issue with that decision. Honestly, as this will be the last chance for us to have a child, I like to be a bit over cautious. The office itself is a bit sterile and unwelcoming but it was clean and not uncomfortable

July 3rd, 2014
Undeserving Of Negative Reviews
Dr. Goldaber is a very highly regarded physician in his field. Regarding all the reviews stressing outrageous fees, consider this: he's a specialist- his fees are based on insurance contracts so if you don't have insurance or you have a high deductible, chances are your out of pocket will be substantial. This is something you may have wanted to consider prior to becoming pregnant. My first experience with Dr. Goldaber was 10 years ago. My original OB referred me due to placental abruption at 12 weeks. Unfortunately, she waited until I was around 20 weeks to send me to Dr. Goldaber. By the time he saw me, my situation was pretty dire. He was completely honest with me. It was hard to hear but you can't sugar coat a matter of that severity. As a mother, I was hopeful and saw the pregnancy through until 22 weeks when I delivered my daughter, stillborn. I struggled with the thought of conceiving again for quite some time but when my husband and I decided to give it a go, there was no question that I'd want to be under Dr. Goldaber's care. I've since found a new OB and she is coordinating well with Dr. Goldaber and his office. I do recommend scheduling earlier in the day as the office tends to run behind more as the day progresses. When my appointment is at 9 am, I am processed through very quickly and able to get back to work within an hour. I also wanted to make mention about Dr. Goldaber's sonographers- specifically the prior comment made about Kristie. This office's team is great. I don't know about you but I'd much rather a tech weigh on the side of caution when it came to my fluid levels than not! I have seen Kristie as well as Julian who has been performing sonograms since before the majority of us could walk. He's amazing. I adore Dr. Goldaber and if your OB has recommended following up with him, please do so. Don't be swayed by these other reviews. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and am so incredibly grateful for his expertise in getting me this far.

March 22nd, 2014
Long wait
The review by most are right. The over charge you and Dr. Goldberg was not very friend. He NEVER I mean NEVER check on my belly came in talk for few minutes and that was it. He doesn't do consultation with all of my visit and still charge couple hundreds of dollars consultation fees. On top of the I wait over an hour on all of my visits which is weekly. Hate that office never recommend anyone to go there. Request to go else where. I was also determined by dr crisan that my fluid were low. And have me go to the hospital for immediate induction. She told my obgyn n the hospital staff that I'm having some kind of maconium. Over I deserve n expected a better services with the money I paid them. Disappointed.

February 10th, 2013
I was refered to this office by my OB/GYN to Dr. Crisan. However, sometimes I had to be seen by Dr. Goldaber. To sum it all up, he plays ENTIRELY too much! Instead of talking about me, the patient, he is blabbering about stupid stuff. He is very rude also. As much money as he is getting paid, he won't even take the time out to check me himself. One time when his sonographer measured "low amniotic fluid", he just came in and swiped the machine over my stomach in less than 2 seconds (I kid you not). I never had low fluid, the sonographer (Kristie) is just a sorry person to go to.This is a high risk doctor, so you would think he put forth a little more time and effort if someone is measuring something that could pose a risk.He is a HORRIBLE doctor. RUN FAR AWAY!

January 24th, 2013
not the worst, far from the best
doctor's bedside manner is mediocre...not outright abrasive, but he could manage his diagnosis a little more smoothly for a pregnant woman. staff was nice, doctor is quick to jump to conclusions. wait time for appt is outrageous.

October 17th, 2012
Not deserving of the hateful reviews. Funny guy, made me feel at ease. Staff was professional and courteous. Clean office.

June 30th, 2012
OK
My overall experience with the Dr. Goldaber was ok, but my overall experience with the office in general was less than ok. I think what Dr. Goldaber and his staff need to understand is that when women are referred to him, it is a less than ideal situation. Many members of the staff are mechanical and cold, as is the overall feel of the office itself. Even if we are high risk, mothers experiencing difficulties in pregnancy still need a positive experience. I got them impression on many occasions that Dr. Goldaber was at least trying to be a bit more warm and caring, but it seemed almost forced. Even if it is outside the realm of his personality, he could use a lesson in becoming more sensitive, in a much more genuine way. My husband was able to overlook much of what I was dissatisfied with because he felt that this was just Dr. Goldaber's personality. While this could be true, his less than encouraging tone and choice of words is much more than I can stand again. If we plan another pregnancy, I will be willing to drive a bit further to get the type of care that I need from a doctor whose personality matches mine a bit more.