Dr. Kenneth Hermens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

August 24th, 2015
Time Capsule of 1950's Medical Attitudes
Very outdated attitude in front desk and the doctor himself. Seemed pleasant enough at first, but as appointment went on it became clear that he is just patronizing and condescending in a pleasant way. He decided what was wrong before I explained what happened and didn't listen after that point. Office tried bullying me into an unnecessary follow up, threatening to unapprove PT appointments that had already occurred and been approved. They really wanted that money from another office visit! Very poor, opaque, and confused communication between their office and the physical therapist.

February 7th, 2015
Homemake/student
I had been in terrible pain for a period of years due to arthritis in my neck, back and spine. Then last year my left hip started hurting and it progressively worsened. I was given Dr. Hermen's name for a hip replacement surgeon. My first impression was that he was very knowledgeable with hip and surgical procedures, and a very confident Dr. which I really liked. He does the frontal lateral hip replacement procedure, which is an incision that goes through the front of your hip, instead of the most practicing way through your backside. I studied, and educated myself on the benefits of this procedure, and Dr. Hermen's also provides ample information for you to read up on too. I had my hip replacement surgery just 12 weeks ago, and I am doing everything I use to when my hip was healthy. In fact, at 8 weeks post surgery I had minimal to no pain, and was working out to my exercise CD's. I would say Dr Hermen's did an outstanding job, he was in to visit and access me every day I was in the hospital, and made sure I was set up with physical therapy before I was sent home. He follows up with me after surgery on a weekly, then monthly basis making sure everything is going well, and the incision is hardly noticeable! I can barely see the area where my incision is which to many women is an important issue. So if you are contemplating who to choose as a physician to replace your hip, I highly suggest and promise that you will be happy, and very satisfied with Dr. Hermens, also he is one of a rare few doctors that actually do the surgery through the front, and that cut my recovery, and ability to get back to a normal and active routine in half, compared to doctors only performing the surgery through your backside. Take my advice, and my own personal testimony and choose Dr. Hermens you will be very glad you did!

April 23rd, 2013
Docter
Hes a good docter and I think of him as my friend.

September 28th, 2012
Professionalism at its best
Dr. Hermans is above and beyond excellent. So very thorough!!!!!