A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kenneth Himmel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Corneal Diseases and Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Himmel graduated from New York University.More Education & Awards
Dr. Himmel has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Lincoln County Medical Center
- Los Alamos Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Himmel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 2 plans
- Lovelace Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico - 4 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Kenneth Himmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kenneth S. Himmel practice?
Dr. Kenneth Himmel practices Ophthalmology near Albuquerque, NM.
Additional practice locations include: Clovis, NM and Rio Rancho, NM.
See Albuquerque Ophthalmologists.