A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kenneth Himmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kenneth Himmel is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kenneth Himmel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Himmel graduated from New York University.
Dr. Himmel has 18 hospital affiliations:
- West Mesa Medical Center
- Espanola Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Himmel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 2 plans
- Lovelace Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico - 4 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kenneth S. Himmel practice?
Dr. Kenneth Himmel practices Ophthalmology near Albuquerque, NM.
Additional practice locations include: Santa Fe, NM and Rio Rancho, NM.
See Albuquerque Ophthalmologists.