Dr. Kenneth Hong MD Patient Reviews

2.0

July 2nd, 2013
STAY FAR FAAR AWAY
I used to go to "Doctor" Hong as a child as well, and looking back on it, I honestly cannot believe my parents allowed me to receive care from such a shabby doctor. First of all, the office itself is falling apart and the walls and posters are yellowing and peeling. It all just gave off a very old, outdated vibe - red flag number one. The staff are fine and treat you how they would normally treat any other patient - nothing outstanding there. But once I called to make an appointment to get my throat checked out because it hurt to swallow food and after this experience I will never be returning to see Dr. Hong ever again. EVER. After waiting for about 15 minutes I got called back to see him, told him I was having a sore throat, and he proceeds to grab this DUSTY box off the top shelf of his drawers. Like everything else in his office, the box was old and falling apart. Inside the box was what I guess was some sort of diagnostic kit for throat infections?? On the side, I noticed there was an expiration date that was YEARS past due. DISGUSTING. I pointed it out to him and he dismissed my concern saying that "the kit is still fine it's okay." How reassuring. I must have been desperate because I allowed him to swab expired medical fluid around in my mouth (gross). Nothing came of the test (what a surprise! I totally thought expired kits would still work!) and he ended up just prescribing me antibiotics. If you are considering Dr. Hong - don't. You can't get any worse than Dr. Hong. Sketchy office with outdated medical supplies... Just don't do that to yourself. Any other doctor out there is lightyears better than "Doctor" Hong. Thank god I'm an adult with my own health insurance now, I plan on NEVER stepping foot inside that office ever again.

June 20th, 2011
Shockingly Unprofessional
If I could give this practice negative stars, I would. I live in the area and made an appointment at Dr. Hong's office because I woke up with ocular pain and discomfort. One of my eyes was swollen, red and very sensitive to light. I iced it for several hours and took ibuprofen for the inflammation, then visited Dr. Hong's office to see if I could get an antibiotic prescription to prevent the conditions from worsening.After waiting to be seen by Dr. Hong he directed me to his office, saying "you do not have an infection" after which he told me to leave. He made no attempt to examine me in any way, and proceeded to infer that I had "made up" the issue because of behavioral problems. I was immediately shown the door almost as soon as I was taken in.Needless to say, I left the office in absolute shock. I have never experienced such blatant unprofessionalism from a member of the medical community in all of my life. I hope all those who are interested in being treated by Dr. Hong will reconsider.