Dr. Kenneth Hyde MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Houston, TX

April 11th, 2017
Left Eyelid Restored
Using a two step process Dr. Hyde restored both form and function to my left eyelid which had been damaged in two separate childhood injuries some 60 years ago. Field of vision and peripheral vision are now both excellent!

February 8th, 2014
Saved My Sight
About 1995 Dr Hyde did surgery on my left eye , about 6 mo. later the right eye was done . I had Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) . At the time it was experimental surgery. Soon after my surgery, the the procedure was not approved any longer . It saved my sight . I am now 81 years old and have 20/20 vision with slight corrective lenses . I will always be thankfull to Dr Hyde. I was watching 20/20 on ABC tonight and there was a 23 year old man with the same thing . It is a rather rare condition. I gave him a 4 star rating because there was not a 10 star option..

November 18th, 2013
2 Failed surgeries
Dr. Hyde preformed surgery on me in 2008 to correct congenital ptosis in my left eye. Results were.. no immediate improvement, was told wait 6 mo for healing. Still the same after a yr, thought it was hopeless. In 2011 I went back for a 2nd surgery, at my expense.. He was never very personable, or polite, very arrogant and condescending. He would close his eyes when responding to a question, almost as if it pained him to have to explain something to a mere patient.. Which I overlooked, i just wanting my obstructed vision fixed. Anyway the 2nd surgery was also a failure, my ptosis remains as bad as it was to start. But what was really upsetting was upon follow up he told me that the surgeries were a success.. That the problem must be psychological.. That I was causing my eyelid to droop.. Unbelievable, there was another girl in there with the same problem as mine about to go for surgery #2. I regret not telling her my story... Currently looking to try my hand with a new surgeon.

August 2nd, 2013
Happy Parent
We are beginning our second eye surgery encounter with Dr. Hyde. He did my son's first Ptosis surgery in 2007, and now due to his growth, we have the opportunity to experience Dr. Hyde's very calm and compassionate bedside manner. His explanation of what to expect and options of types of surgeries has been very reassuring. His staff member Lisa was very patient and helpful as well.

July 16th, 2011
the times that Dr. Hyde has seen me, dr. Hyde was very knowledeable and his staff very couteous.