Kenneth Brown , MD
1600 Coit Rd
Ste 301
Plano, TX 75075
972-867-0019
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Elena Dragan on Sep 15th, 2014

Dr. Brown is professional and friendly.Explained everything.

|  My Experince  |  show details
by Gary L Spence on Aug 30th, 2014

Really liked the Doctor. Explained procedure good. Would certainly recommend.

by BJ on Jul 30th, 2014

Dr. Brown is exceptional. He made me feel comfortable throughout the whole experience. He truly cares about his patients health and well being. He listens with concern, answers questions honestly and shows respect and professionalism. He is a true gem in the medical field. Would highly recommend to everyone.

|  Colonoscopy  |  show details
by Sandra P on Jul 26th, 2014

I felt very informed about the procedure and had a great experience during the day of the procedure. I would definitely recommend Dr. Brown to my friends.

|  Visit for a Colonoscopy  |  show details
by Manuel Feliz on Jul 26th, 2014

Dr Brown is a great professional, the personal attention that he is able to give to his patients is excellent. showing a profound interest in each patient well being. His staff also works at the same level and everyone is committed to offer an outstanding service. All of them are in a constant pursue of excellence. My family and I will not hesitate to comeback for his service. Thank you. God bless you.

|  Very pleased!  |  show details
by Elaine P on Jul 1st, 2014

I made an appt with Dr. Brown to address some acid reflux issues I have. I have found him to be a great doctor, very friendly and he takes the time to listen to my problems and concerns. He was able to diagnose my problem and I'm feeling much better now! He also performed my endoscopy and colonoscopy and both went very well. I am pleased with his office staff and have found Diana to be very helpful and friendly too. I would gladly recommend Dr. Brown to anyone that is having digestive issues.

|  Great Experience - I recommend Doctor Kenneth Brown  |  show details
by Chris on Jun 30th, 2014

Dr. Brown was recommended to me by my family doctor. After meeting Doctor Brown and being treated by him and his staff, I would recommend Doc Brown to anyone . What a great experience from start to finish. The staff is friendly and helpful. Doc Brown has one of the best doctor/patient mannerisms I have seen. He puts you at ease and explains everything in an understandable way. Doc Brown takes the time to keep you informed and in the know of what’s going on.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Yvette M. on May 24th, 2014

Dr. Brown is an exceptional doctor. This was my first colonoscopy and I was pretty nervous. However, his bedside manner quickly put me at ease. Afterwards, he was very good at explaining his findings. His nurse, Diana is also great! She has checked on me daily since the procedure and seems genuinely concerned for my well being . I highly recommend Dr. Brown!

by Marty K. on May 19th, 2014

Dr. Brown runs a fantastic, patient oriented practice. The video briefing prior to the procedure and follow up was unique, refreshing and put me at ease. I wish all Doctors had his customer service oriented approach to medicine.

|  President, elm Planning, LLC  |  show details
by Heather Lynch on Apr 21st, 2014

I've had a really great experience with Dr. Brown and his staff. They are very professional and Dr. Brown has a very good bedside manner. He is very proactive in treatment which I appreciate and he takes the time with his patients when discussing symptoms and concerns.

|  Great Dr and Nurse  |  show details
by Raina on Apr 7th, 2014

I really like Dr Brown and especially Dianna. I feel Dianna went above and beyond making sure I had answers when I would call about test results or any other questions. They also called me back within a reasonable amount of time. Dr Brown was great too. He seemed to make it a point to listen and answer any questions I had. I would recomend his office.

|  Best in the West  |  show details
by Seth W on Mar 25th, 2014

I emailed the office with a question at 10 p.m. 1-2 days before, and Dr. Brown himself replied, immediately, so that was impressive. I didn't wait long when I got there, the staff was efficient, but also quite friendly and respectful, and I was out in no time. I was provided papers with photos of the procedure. The final bill came to exactly what they estimated - no surprises - and was lower cost than other places. All around fantastic. No better place I am sure.

|  Exceeded Expectations  |  show details
by Shana Thomas on Mar 5th, 2014

After extensive research of all GI's in the DFW area I decided on Dr. Brown and at ever touch point, he has never failed to disappoint. His bed side manner is incredibly comforting, his use of technology (video, blog) was very informing and time saving, his staff made me feel as if I was being cared for by a family member. From the first appointment to my procedures, Dr. Brown's understanding of not just the medical side of how I was feeling and how to attack it, to the emotional implication of how it impacted me was incredible. Yes, I am an ACTUAL patient saying all this and would recommend him in the most highest regard.

|  Smooth  |  show details
by Paul L. on Mar 1st, 2014

My sister, a nurse practitioner, recommended him, so I knew he'd be good. Also, other family members are patients of his. I was an out-of-town patient and wanted a colonoscopy in one trip. His staff pre-screened me over the phone so I didn't have to have an office visit before the procedure. The colonoscopy went super smooth. Signed a few things, and they took me in right away. Dr. Brown and his assistants showed up after I changed. I was knocked out, woke up, and then out of there. I talked to the doctor before and after the procedure. No complaints.

|  Best yet  |  show details
by Marcia Hartgrove on Dec 27th, 2013

The whole colonoscopy experience was exceptional. I've had two previous. The professionalism and personability of Dr. Brown & his staff was excellent. I couldn't believe that I was in & out in 2 hours and no side effects whatsoever. The prep was also the easiest I've experienced as well. I give Dr. Kenneth Brown an A !

by Vicki S, Plano on Dec 21st, 2013

Dr. Brown is great! He has been my husband's gastro doctor for several years and through numerous issues. We have been impressed with his bedside manner, diagnoses and office staff. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a caring, highly-respected physician.

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Kathy s on Dec 10th, 2013

I have had an endoscopy and two ablations in the last 11 months with Dr. Brown and have a colonoscopy scheduled for next week. His staff is professional and friendly. Dr. Brown takes the time to explain every procedure and puts me at ease. Every procedure has gone smoothly and I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone.

by Josie Estrada on Dec 9th, 2013

Dr Brown was great, This was my first time to see him, and my visit was fast , I know I have a great doctor Thank you Dr Brown !!!

Dec 9th, 2013

Dr. Brown's staff was incredibly nice and did their job. I liked Dr. Brown's bedside manner, however he did not let me finish all my symptoms and I felt rushed. He was in the exam room maybe for 1 minute. He talked really fast and then rushed me out the room to wait 10 mins waiting for his MA to get off the phone. He ordered an EGD and Colonoscopy. At the surgery center when he came in to talk to me I wasn't fully awake. Plus my husband tried to ask questions, but cut him off and left the room. I might recommend him to a friend, if they like to be in and out of the doctor's office. I think not spending time with a patient is a slap in the face & rude!

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Rodh on Oct 22nd, 2013

Really nice staff and wonderful nursing staff. Dr. Brown was great. Very professional and friendly

|  Super Easy  |  show details
by Stacey M. on Sep 25th, 2013

Wow ..have never been to the doctor and got in to see them as quickly as I did Doctor Brown. Setting everything up was great and the office staff was on the ball. Dr. Brown listens and puts you at ease. Great finding a good Doctor when there are so many bad ones out there.

|  great  |  show details
by martha leblanc on Jul 26th, 2013

I am very pleased with Dr. Kenneth Brown and his office staff were very kind and courteous , Dr. Brown answered all my questions and i didnt feel like i was being rushed, like most Doctors do. I higly recommend him .

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2013

Dr. Brown has been a huge blessing to me. After suddenly developing symptoms and having two surgeries within a month that did not improve my condition, I was referred by my surgeons to see a gastro for evaluation. I was frustrated, scared, and dreaded the whole ordeal as I expected the visit to be embarrassing and humiliating. Instead, Dr. Brown has been very kind and sensitive, making a difficult situation much easier. There is never a long wait, and his staff are also very friendly and make sure that everything is taken care of before you leave. My situation has been complicated and I know that many doctors might have given up on helping me, but Dr. Brown did not and in fact, was the one who finally diagnosed my problem. Now I have been referred to other specialists for treatment, but Dr. Brown has continued to follow me and stays involved in my care. As a healthcare worker myself, I have also recognized that Dr. Brown is extremely knowledgeable in his field and follows evidence based medicine without exception. I have been very grateful for Dr. Brown and feel blessed to be his patient.

|  Colonoscopy  |  show details
by Don Hedgecock on Jun 3rd, 2013

I was very nervous about the thought of getting a colonoscopy, However Dr. Brown and his staff made me feel at ease. The procedure was not a big deal at all. No pain to it and your back the same day. Dr. Brown goes beyond to make you feel he cares.

|  Very Professional and Friendly Doctor  |  show details
by Jessica Michel on May 24th, 2013

Dr. Brown and his staff have treated me with respect. They are professional and courteous in every way. I have felt comfortable speaking with Dr. Brown and he is knowledgeable, current, and thorough during the evaluation and diagnostic process. He has been instrumental in helping me improve, better understand, and improve my health. I strongly recommend that you consider Dr. Brown as the premier physician of choice for your health care needs.

|  Patient  |  show details
by BMalone on Apr 30th, 2013

I would definitely recommend this doctor to family and friends. Very professional and answered all my questions and concerns.

|  Latest Appt with Dr Brown  |  show details
by Denise T on Apr 5th, 2013

I like how Dr Brown sits down and reviews all your medical history and is able to give options for potential treatment. I went in for a cough, and came out with new allergy medicine, a new acid reflux treatment plan, and an appt for an EGD with Bravo. I feel my cough will finally be taken care of now.

|  Life Saver  |  show details
by Robert D on Feb 28th, 2013

I have a history with Dr. Brown that spans 6 years. In 2008, after an endoscopy with Dr. Brown, he found a gastric ulcer that he treated successfully. I had a history of diverticulitis attacks and in early 2009 I had another attack. It happened two days before I was to have a colonoscopy with Dr. Brown. Naturally, we had to reschedule until the infection was taken care of. We treated it with the usual antibiotics and diet but six weeks later I still didn't feel quite right. Anyway, my rescheduled colonoscopy was looming and Dr. Brown decided to move forward. Afterward he firmly encouraged me to have a colectomy as there was substantial scarring in my colon. He recommended Dr Mackaluso (sp?) to do the surgery. A week later I had the surgery and thank god I did because apparently my colon had been compromised six weeks earlier but had adhered to my small intestine which prevented a septic situation. No wonder I had not felt right. If not for the tag team efforts of Dr. Brown and Dr. Mackaluso I might not be here. Dr. Brown was a life saver! Dr. Brown is the best. He is always up on the latest trends in his field and is a true credit to his profession. Thanks again Dr. Brown!

|  I'm glad I went to Dr. Brown for my 2nd opinion  |  show details
by ClaireB on Feb 22nd, 2013

My first Dr. could not have cared less that he just delivered me some of the worst news I could have ever heard at 17 years old, he didn't even tell me in person, he sent a letter in the mail. After dealing with him for a little while I quickly moved on to Dr. Brown. He was very nice and new what to do, how to answer my questions and seemed truly sorry that my experience at first wasn't all that it could have been. He helped me achieve the closest thing to remission that I have had since I was diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis (2007). He seems eager to seem me, happy to help, and when I went back to see him 3 years later for a flare up, he remembered me and was again, eager to get me back to tippy-top shape. I also like how his waiting room is decorated in all brown. Every wall hanging, decorative vase, or photo frame is brown, whether by accident, or for his name, or whether it is to make those of us who have to discuss our fecal matter feel more comfortable, I love it! And his staff really is very nice.

|  Great Dr!  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2013

I've been to several doctors in the past and Dr. Brown is by far the most knowledgeable and aggressive doctor I've had. My "ibs" wasn't really ibs, but something else that he has been able to help me with. I've never felt better in my whole life.

|  Good knowledge and on time  |  show details
by John K on Jan 26th, 2013

A little nervous about going to see a GI doctor, but Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and explained everything thoroughly. Didn't have to wait long and staff was friendly as well.

|  Life Changer!  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

Dr. Brown's diagnosis was a life changer for me! I feel so much better now and know how to stay this way. I cannot say enough how appreciative I am! His staff is very friendly and helpful, Araselli and Dianne are great assets for any doctor. Thank you again!

Nov 9th, 2012

the only doctor i trust for my colonoscopies. I have had a great experience with both him and his staff.

|  I highly recommend Dr. Brown  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

Dr. Brown has treated my husband. We switched Gastroenterologists because the former doctor couldn't get a diagnostic. Dr. Brown got the right diagnostic and found out that my husband had ulcers. He is a very good professional with very good bedside manners, and excellent team. I highly recommend him!

|  Dr. Brown made hemmoroidal banding easy  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

Thank you Dr. Brown - you improved the quality of my life with the hemmoroidal banding. You made me feel comfortable and it was painless. You are what physicians should be - caring, human, kind, informative and generous with your insight. I am so grateful to you and your team. Kind regards, Ann Mounts

|  Best operation of any medical office  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

Dr. Brown was referred to me by my primary physician. I had put off the procedure because frankly having a colonoscopy was not on my bucket list. The office is well run and the staff absolutely incredible. I was not looking forward to the procedure but it was quick, painless and one of the best naps I have had in a while. Hats off to the anestiologist. I recommend him and his staff to anyone needing this procedure. Absolutely the best!Mark Wesson

|  The go-to gut guy  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

Had a routine colonoscopy screen with Dr. Brown and it was easy-breezy. Prep is the worst part, over which he has no control -- his nurse Trisha was excellent and the procedure was painless and quick. Just like taking a short nap. Woke refreshed and relieved that all is well! Thanks, Dr. Brown.

|  Do not fear a colonoscopy  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2011

This was the easiest procedure that I have ever had. Everything was explained to me prior to the procedure and I had no complications or complaints. I will continue to see Dr. Brown and refer friends to him.

|  great Dr. !  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

I first came to see Dr. Brown in September 2011 for a second opinion for Chrons disease. At the time when I was seen by Dr. Brown I was in indescribable pain. As a new patient Dr. Brown spent 90 minutes with me. I will never forget his words of we have a plan for you to feel better and regain your a quality of life back. I have suffered with this disease for 10 years. From a colonoscopy, to a minor rectal surgery, to the end result a ileostomy I have my life back. a ileostomy is one of the best things that could have happened too me, ending years of suffering. Simply put two Dr's Kenneth Brown & Tony Macaluso have restored my life 100%. I cannot thank both of them enough for improving my situation and ending countless and unnecessary years of suffering. Thankyou!

|  Csryl  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

Dr. Brown is a wonderful man to deal with. Many people find this procedure a bit trying; and he does his best to make you feel at ease and comfortable. He is very considerate and takes his time to listen to what you may have going on. For those first time colonoscopy people: eat light 2-3 days before your fast - it will make the whole process a lot easier on your body... day of procedure is a breeze...

|  Complicated Crohn's  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

After moving here three years ago I immediately started having major complications with my Crohn's. A month later, I ended up in the hospital needing 2 abscesses drained and the surgeon, Dr. Jabbour (who is excellent too!) recommended Dr. Brown. My first impression of him and his staff were fantastic! They took excellent care of me and Dr. Brown was very compassionate and considerate. I've had major complications in the last two years and Dr. Brown has been there every step of the way. He also took the time to sit and listen about some of my personal issues one appointment. He performed my colonoscopy and I wasn't nervous at all. During a hospital stay, he and Angelica came to visit. I could never go to anyone else. Bottom line, I completely trust his judgement and I know I will be taken care of. He is wonderful!

|  Business Development Manager - Sonya L. Jackson  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

Dr. Kenneth Brown is a remarkable doctor that has a sense of humor when things are not their best. He is sensitive and a very good listener and I've been Blessed to have him give me the best of care and I trust his diagnosis and professional advice. My primary doctor referred me to Dr. Brown after I had 7 stints in the emergency room due to my stomach problems. He was the ONLY doctor that was able to provide a good diagnosis and put me on meds that have truly made all the difference for me. He is the BEST and only has compassion for the well-being and health of his patients.

by Dana Lee on Jun 24th, 2011

After seeing three gastro doctors, one internal medicine doctor and a couple of nurse practitioners over SEVERAL years..I purchased the D Magizine Top Docs edition with the hopes of finding a new direction we could go with my daughters Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms. I found bio featuring Dr. Kenneth Brown and was so excited. He specialized in IBS. I told my husband, Im going to call and just see if they accept our insurancebut Im not telling my daughter until I know he can see her. I had an appointment in no time! So thankful they did take our insurance. Together we saw Dr. Brown and pretty much unloaded on him.what she had been through for many years; variety of meds, admitted to hospital, numerous emergency room visits. He immediately responded with this is manageable and I can make her better! I can fix this! She was scheduled the same day of our first visit for tests and she also participated in an IBS study (many thanks to Lucy and Brandy)! I cant tell you how he changed her attitude and life (by just listening to her and telling her this is not in your head as other doctors had suggested) and the best news, we got our daughter back! She was in college at the time of our visit and he quickly understood that a soon to be teacher could not excuse herself every few minutes from a classroom to step away to the restroom. This is the first time a doctor actually listened to us and was confident and reassured us that things would get better for her. I highly recommend him! I cant leave out the staff..they were so wonderfulfrom the appointment scheduler, to the nurses, to the ladies that scheduled all of her tests; the entire practice is very professional and obviously very much a part of the success of the patients! Thank you again!

by Kim M. on May 9th, 2011

I had my first colonoscopy this week. Dr. Brown was recommended to me by a friend/physician. The facility was convenient, new and clean. The staff superb. Jenny and Phyllis were very reassuring. Julie, Jack, Abbey and Dr. Brown were warm and professional. I highly recommend.

Apr 27th, 2011

I was referred to Dr Brown by my own physician to have a colonoscopy done at age 48. Dr. Brown and his staff were very kind & informative. I was diagnosed with cancer. Dr. Brown immediately sent me for an MRI to make sure it hadn't spread & called me that night with the results. I was very lucky that it was caught early and hadn't spread. I was in surgery within 2 weeks & am now cancer free. Most people are apprensive about having a colonoscopy done, but the alternative could be worse. Dr. Brown and his staff are very caring. L. Nichols

|  hemorrhoids  |  show details
by Chuck on Mar 29th, 2011

The treatment for hemorrhoids was quick and great results were noticed after only two pleasant visits.

by S. Griffin on Mar 25th, 2011

This was my second procedure from Dr.Brown. First was Gallbladder. Thought I had heartburn for over a year. Went to see Dr. Brown and he diagnosed it was my gallbladder in under a minute. After he ran tests,had surgury within in a week.Wish i had seen him sooner. Next was a Colonoscopy. His staff was great and the procedure went very smooth.Everyone was very personable. Dr. Brown should be first on your list.

by Donna L. on Mar 16th, 2011

Dr. Brown and his staff are very caring. He explains procedures and treatment very clearly. I feel comfortable with him treating me. He put me at ease when explaining about the procedures that were to be done. He listens to me and answers my questions. I had a very good experience with him performing my first colonoscopy and endo scope.

|  Very happy...  |  show details
by R. James - Quinlan, TX on Mar 12th, 2011

After a disappointing experience with another doctor, I made an appointment with Dr. Brown. He took the time to address my concerns and after several procedures was able to treat me effectively. He found things the other doctor had missed! My recent procedure for a colonoscopy went very smooth and I am a very happy patient! I would recommend him to anyone. He has a very good personality also!

|  I'm cured!!  |  show details
by M Johnson on Mar 7th, 2011

I had suffered pain and bleeding from hemorrhoids for several years. At one point I was sent from a clinic to the emergency room where it was recommended I have major surgery to correct the problem. Surgery would have been extreemly painful and I would have to miss at least two weeks of work. A friend told me about Dr. Brown. Within 5 minutes Dr. Brown had found the problem and recommended a band treatment. The entire process took less than 2 minutes and within a few days I felt better than I had in years. I had 3 follow up procedures done and have been trouble free ever since. I highly recommend Dr. Brown to anyone suffering with hemorrhoids! It's an effective and nearly painless process.

|  Colonoscopy was a breeze  |  show details
by Linda from Dallas on Mar 6th, 2011

I must tell all of you out there reading this that my colonoscopy was a breeze. The doctor was awesome [Dr. Brown] and his staff was great. They took time to explain everything to me in layman's terms and a special "thank you" to Marcel and Trisha....the nurses who were there to answer all my questions and to belay my fears. I was thrilled with the medication that they gave me to put me to sleep...Propofol. I slept through the whole procedure and it was as simple as taking a napin fact it was exactly like taking a nap. This is my second time in using Dr. Brown and his staff and I am not going to go anywhere else. I had no problems afterwards and in fact...went out to eat with my husband. Look no further...these are the guys to use....LKM

|  Great Doctor.  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

After years of suffering from hemorrhoids and being traumatized by the old method of treating the issue I met with Dr. Brown who explained to me the way the procedure works. Dr. Brown really cares about his patients and treated me over a year ago. I have not had any more problems since his treatment. It works and works well. I have referred several friends to Dr. Brown and they all had great results.Highly recommanded.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

Great exeperience Rita G

|  Comfortable and Caring  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

I made an appointment at the recommendation of my primary care doctor. Dr Brown and his staff were professional and courteous. I had some digestive issues and had a colonoscopy done. Dr. Brown remedied the problem and Im in good health now.

Feb 8th, 2011

Very nice staff. Easy access for my colonoscopy. Recommend highly

|  great doctor  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2011

very thoughtful doctor and nice courteous staff. I have a chronic GI problem and have seen several other GIs and he definitely is the best

|  Innovative & thinks outside of the box  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I was very nervous when I first went in because I have a very complex disease & have been to see 3 other GI Doctors that haven't been able to really pin point what was going on with me. Dr Brown made me feel at ease and talked through the pros and cons of treatments & really made me feel like I wasn't crazy & going through this alone. He really thought outside the box on my treatment. I would defiantly recommend him.

by Nelda Gardner on Oct 15th, 2009

I went to Dr. Brown beleiving I had Colon Cancer, this was what I told by another Doctor. Dr.Brown Fix everything I just had a infection. Dr. Brown is the best.