3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Don on Jul 13th, 2016

My wife was referred to Dr. Lazarus by a family friend. We live in the North Georgia Mountains but were looking for someone who could help her with Fibromyalgia. He came highly recommended and we really did not care how far we had to drive to find someone who would help her. In the beginning he did help her. However, his staff was extremely rude and made her feel as though she was just a pain med junky looking for someone to giver her narcotics. They even made her sign a form stating that she would not seek pain killers from other doctors. I understand there are people out there that do that but don't treat everyone like the bad guy. Then we drive 2 and 1/2 hours all the way down there today and he is not even in the office. Yes we had appointment. They claim they tried to call and they say they mailed a letter none of which we received. There were no voice mails on my phone or my wife's phone. Her meds will run out in 2 days and the best they could offer was to come back in 2 weeks. No thank you. If they don't care any more than that, we are through with them.

Arrogant, Rude, Stay Away!!! show details Arrogant, Rude, Stay Away!!!
Feb 17th, 2016

I was in the hospital for a minor stroke. He didn't have on anything that a doctor or any medical professional would wear. When he came into my hospital room, sat down, and began to talk to me very rude, I thought her was a visitor in the wrong room. When I asked. Him his name, he became very arrogant. The one minute he talked to me, I was convinced he either never looked at my information or was in the wrong patients room. He refused to answer questions. His attitude and appearance made it obvious that he didn't plan on coming to the hospital and that I was obviously inconveniencing his "plans". After I was discharged my PCP requested for me to follow up with a neurologist. I called his office and thankfully they never called me back as promised to set up an appointment.

Crazy reviews show details Crazy reviews
by Eddie H on Feb 4th, 2016

I'm tired of seeing people complain about the staff not answering the phone. This is a BUSY office. The staff is increduble. I get calls returned quickly, and efficiently. You are not the only patient, people. Dr Lazarus is gruff, no doubt. He is highly competent. He won't be a yes man, so if you k k2 what's wrong with yourself, why do you need a Dr? The wait time is far too long. That part is true. Wallace is great, and so are the nurses, and support staff. If you want a Dr that makes you laugh go somewhere else.

Excellent, compassionate doctor and wonderful staff... show details Excellent, compassionate doctor and wonderful staff...
by Harriet S. on Oct 5th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Lazarus by my Orthopedic Surgeon following emergency hip replacement after a fall, because the Surgeon suspected that there was a neurological problem affecting my right leg, causing weakness and muscle spasms. Dr. Lazarus not only diagnosed what turned out to be a rare spinal injury that I had also incurred with this fall, but spent over an hour with me in the office to explain everything. He took the time to go over the MRI's with me and to show me precisely on the images of my spine where the injury had occurred. Unlike some other highly intelligent and skilled doctors I have encountered who are also at the top of their field, Dr. Lazarus actually talks to me during my visits and, maybe more importantly, really listens to me and my many questions, which he always answers. I ask for and expect him to "tell it to me straight,” but he does so with compassion and never makes me feel stupid for asking. I see and hear him with other patients as I come and go, and he always treats everyone with the respect, kindness, and sincere caring on a personal level that, (in my opinion), we could all stand to have more of from each other on a daily basis in this crazy world. As for his nurses and other staff in the office, they are all professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. If I need to leave a message, I always receive a return call as soon as humanly possible. Because my injury has required ongoing treatment, which fortunately for me has brought about improvement, I am familiar enough with the care provided by Dr. Lazarus and his entire office to honestly say that I would strongly encourage anyone needing a Neurologist to see him.

Excellent Doc and Staff show details Excellent Doc and Staff
by Happy Patient on Aug 14th, 2015

Dr.Lazarus may not coddle you or baby you, but he WILL find out what is wrong and how to treat it. His credentials are excellent. The office sees about 60 patients each day so a few bad reviews that span several years really don't give an accurate picture of what really goes on in his office. They are very busy because there are not many neurologists in the area, but they try not to turn patients away when they are in need.

Rude dr alert show details Rude dr alert
by Erin on Jun 13th, 2015

I wish I had read the reviews on this doctor before making my appointment. He was not helpful at all disagreed with everything I had to say concerning MY health like he lives in my body and knows what I go through. Because I wouldn't go on the medication he was pushing,as I am allergic to it, he decided that I had a placebo issue with meds and I only "thought" I was allergic. When I argued with that one, he said I was like his wife who refused to take what she needed from fear. I kept saying I was allergic and he started waving his arms erratically and yelling at me. I finally had enough and got up told him off and left. He is not a Dr that cares and anyone who says otherwise must be a friend of his although how that man would have friends or better yet a wife is beyond me. Do yourself a huge emotional favor don't go see him.

by Very Uncaring Physician on May 12th, 2015

I found Dr. Lazarus to be quite uncaring and arrogant. He was very short with me when I asked questions about my neuropathy. He administered a nerve test on my legs and when I moaned due to the pain he got very annoyed with me and showed no sympathy or compassion. As I read all the other negative comments I have to concur with most of them as I received pretty much the same treatment from him. He needs to really take a class on being a people person and patient courtesy.

Great Office and Great doctors! show details Great Office and Great doctors!
by Nancy Nebel on May 6th, 2015

I have found that the office staff is wonderful in returing your calls promptly, Dr. Lazarus is a fantastic doctor. He know his stuff and has helped me through everthing with my back and afer open heart surgery pain. He listens to every word and is very courteous. He and Dr. Green are a great team. Both of them have always been there for me. I wouldn't be able to work without them. Dr. Lazarus is extremely one of the best Neurologist in Atlanta.

Apr 14th, 2015

It is hard to get the front desk staff to answer the phone. The communication between nurse and patient could be better .

what type of dr's office is this? no one answers the phone, they always away from their desk. show details what type of dr's office is this? no one answers the phone, they always away from their desk.
by chris diaz on Mar 9th, 2015

Been trying to get an appmt, all l get is and answering message that kelly is away from her desk. Old people like me don't Like machines, and get upset, blood pressure goes up. Is this dr. Lazarus worth the agrabation?

Please No No Not Him!!!!!! show details Please No No Not Him!!!!!!
Oct 14th, 2014

I am 24yr old all my life. I been seen doctors neurologist and Neurosurgeons all my life. I have a shunt. I'm very mild mannered. Let me say this do not use this doctor. He is very rude no compassion for the sick. He is in it for his money he will not let you explain how you feel he knows it all. He has no respect for his patients. He prescribe meds and you take them if you are not satisfied with the side effect he gets angry and he say something Negative. Save yourself from the headache. Always do background check on your Dr. He is not believe concerned about his patients. I have never ever met a doctor so arrogant and unprofessional in my entire life. Save your self.

Why waste the time show details Why waste the time
Jul 12th, 2012

Didn't even want to care for my mother on life supportWho in fact went home with the Lord the night he was to diagnose if she had a chanceInstead started preaching about Obama care and moneyWasted on helping people who can't afford hospital stay.He even made the nurse cry after hearing something like that before us saying our last goodbyesI forgive but cannot forget.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Don't even think about it! show details Don't even think about it!
May 17th, 2012

I read all the negative feedback, but decided to give him a try anyway. He was highly recommended by other doctors. He's very impatient. He doesn't let you get your whole question out before he's cutting you off. And, worst of all, he left in the middle of the visit! I thought he was going to get something. Then, after about 20 minutes of waiting, the nurse came in with my final paperwork. I asked if the doctor was coming back since we were finished, and she said he was pressed for time. Sigh.

Smoking Hott Doctor show details Smoking Hott Doctor
Feb 16th, 2012

Let me tell you, this doctor is worth the wait! Not only is he the most intelligent man I have ever encountered, but he is the most handsome and caring doctor I have ever been to! The nursing staff is beyond sensational!! Very nice ladies and funny too! :) The office is beautiful, the hardwood floors look so nice! The girl checking me in was so sweet, she always has a smile on her face! And when I got lost, I called the office and they promptly answered and gave me directions and I made it to my appt. about 10 minutes late, but they STILL saw me, how nice!? Love it Love it Love it!!!!!!!!!

NEVER SHOWED UP show details NEVER SHOWED UP
Aug 23rd, 2011

I am the daughter of a stroke victim, just in the hospital after waiting for this doctor for now 2 days. He has still not appeared. Where are you Dr. Lazurus? Are you that apathetic? Retire!!! Get out of this practice. This family will be filing a medical grievance against you.

Find another neurologist show details Find another neurologist
Jul 23rd, 2011

Took my daughter there because of her severe migraines. Other than the PA Wallace Green, I find no redeeming qualities in this practice. The staff is very uncaring and won't even answer the phones. Call backs take 24 hours. Nurses act as though you are faking illness and question when you ask for excuses for missing work. Dr. Lazarus is a big old nothing. He has NO bedside manner. He's lazy acting, and can't even talk to you without saying "uh" every other word. You ask him about specific opinions on treatments and he will not commit to anything. Does not accept any possibilities of what could be causing the migraine. It's his diagnosis and no possibility that he might be missing anything.

Name should be Dr. Nastiest show details Name should be Dr. Nastiest
Jun 29th, 2011

Poor bedside manners. Unconcerned. Great in taking advantage of your insurance. Worst Doctor that I have ever been to. If you like him, then something is wrong with you too!

Looking for a Kind, Caring Doctor? Look Elsewhere! show details Looking for a Kind, Caring Doctor? Look Elsewhere!
Feb 20th, 2011

Dr. Lazarus is the most condescending and arrogant physician that I have EVER encountered! He seems to exhibit a complete lack of concern for his patients. In an effort to quickly dismiss me, he seemed unwilling to let me voice my concerns or ask questions pertaining to my condition. When the first medication he prescribed proved to be ineffective, he prescribed another medication which, had I taken it, could have had a serious interaction with the medication I am taking for my heart rhythm disorder. My cardiologist, pharmacist, and Health Insurance Company alerted me to the danger of this combination of drugs. Dr. Lazarus should have been fully aware of this drug interaction since each patient must provide a list of current medications at EACH office visit.To add insult to injury, I went through two office visits before he bothered to read and interpret my MRI. I consider this highly unprofessional!

Jul 28th, 2010

Crude and uncaring. Does not pay attention-too many mistakes-appears to treat others rudely as well.

Quickie diagnosis show details Quickie diagnosis
Jun 9th, 2010

Due to my inability to see my regular neurologist at Emory on a timly basis. I went to see Dr. Lazarus. WRONG, with very little questioning or examination, he declared I had Parkinson's and ordered an MRI. I was later told an MRI is not a tool for detecting Parkinson's, I suspect he has an intrest in the lab. Parkinson's had previously been ruled out by a neurologist at Emory who has been publishd in medical journals regarding Parkinson's who ruled it out in my case. Dr. Lazarus spent very little time with me (10 minutes), office cleanliness was poor.

Mar 29th, 2010

He is a joke!!! Don't waste your time.

by Patient X on Nov 5th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Lazarus for the past year due to my insurance. Each time I see the doctor I bring my husband with me, when the doctor finally comes into the exam room, he basically ignores me and asks all the questions to my husband. Also the Dr. often goes on about how I am not as bad as other patients, and how he would handle my insurance company in his rambling way. Often he does not even examine or touch me at all. Exam rooms are cold in the winter months (even with the space heaters in each) and hot in the summer. Took the staff 11 months into 2009 to remove 2008 calendars taped to the cabinets.