Dr. Kenneth Lazarus MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2017
A Straight Shooter with a Tender Heart
DR. Lazarus is not a doctor who will sugarcoat things that need to be said, but he does care about the suffering his patients endure. I witnessed his patience with feeble patients that were having cognitive problems and were elderly . I was touched by his kindness to me and to the elderly people. I never witnessed arrogance even though he is brilliant . I never sensed he thought he was superior to the average Joe , which I admired. HE also has a droll wit. I think highly of him, and believe he looks out for his patients . He went the extra mile for me when I was very ill and my life was in a bad place.

July 13th, 2016
My wife was referred to Dr. Lazarus by a family friend. We live in the North Georgia Mountains but were looking for someone who could help her with Fibromyalgia. He came highly recommended and we really did not care how far we had to drive to find someone who would help her. In the beginning he did help her. However, his staff was extremely rude and made her feel as though she was just a pain med junky looking for someone to giver her narcotics. They even made her sign a form stating that she would not seek pain killers from other doctors. I understand there are people out there that do that but don't treat everyone like the bad guy. Then we drive 2 and 1/2 hours all the way down there today and he is not even in the office. Yes we had appointment. They claim they tried to call and they say they mailed a letter none of which we received. There were no voice mails on my phone or my wife's phone. Her meds will run out in 2 days and the best they could offer was to come back in 2 weeks. No thank you. If they don't care any more than that, we are through with them.

February 17th, 2016
Arrogant, Rude, Stay Away!!!
I was in the hospital for a minor stroke. He didn't have on anything that a doctor or any medical professional would wear. When he came into my hospital room, sat down, and began to talk to me very rude, I thought her was a visitor in the wrong room. When I asked. Him his name, he became very arrogant. The one minute he talked to me, I was convinced he either never looked at my information or was in the wrong patients room. He refused to answer questions. His attitude and appearance made it obvious that he didn't plan on coming to the hospital and that I was obviously inconveniencing his "plans". After I was discharged my PCP requested for me to follow up with a neurologist. I called his office and thankfully they never called me back as promised to set up an appointment.

February 4th, 2016
Crazy reviews
I'm tired of seeing people complain about the staff not answering the phone. This is a BUSY office. The staff is increduble. I get calls returned quickly, and efficiently. You are not the only patient, people. Dr Lazarus is gruff, no doubt. He is highly competent. He won't be a yes man, so if you k k2 what's wrong with yourself, why do you need a Dr? The wait time is far too long. That part is true. Wallace is great, and so are the nurses, and support staff. If you want a Dr that makes you laugh go somewhere else.

October 5th, 2015
Excellent, compassionate doctor and wonderful staff...
I was referred to Dr. Lazarus by my Orthopedic Surgeon following emergency hip replacement after a fall, because the Surgeon suspected that there was a neurological problem affecting my right leg, causing weakness and muscle spasms. Dr. Lazarus not only diagnosed what turned out to be a rare spinal injury that I had also incurred with this fall, but spent over an hour with me in the office to explain everything. He took the time to go over the MRI's with me and to show me precisely on the images of my spine where the injury had occurred. Unlike some other highly intelligent and skilled doctors I have encountered who are also at the top of their field, Dr. Lazarus actually talks to me during my visits and, maybe more importantly, really listens to me and my many questions, which he always answers. I ask for and expect him to "tell it to me straight,” but he does so with compassion and never makes me feel stupid for asking. I see and hear him with other patients as I come and go, and he always treats everyone with the respect, kindness, and sincere caring on a personal level that, (in my opinion), we could all stand to have more of from each other on a daily basis in this crazy world. As for his nurses and other staff in the office, they are all professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. If I need to leave a message, I always receive a return call as soon as humanly possible. Because my injury has required ongoing treatment, which fortunately for me has brought about improvement, I am familiar enough with the care provided by Dr. Lazarus and his entire office to honestly say that I would strongly encourage anyone needing a Neurologist to see him.

August 14th, 2015
Excellent Doc and Staff
Dr.Lazarus may not coddle you or baby you, but he WILL find out what is wrong and how to treat it. His credentials are excellent. The office sees about 60 patients each day so a few bad reviews that span several years really don't give an accurate picture of what really goes on in his office. They are very busy because there are not many neurologists in the area, but they try not to turn patients away when they are in need.

June 13th, 2015
Rude dr alert
I wish I had read the reviews on this doctor before making my appointment. He was not helpful at all disagreed with everything I had to say concerning MY health like he lives in my body and knows what I go through. Because I wouldn't go on the medication he was pushing,as I am allergic to it, he decided that I had a placebo issue with meds and I only "thought" I was allergic. When I argued with that one, he said I was like his wife who refused to take what she needed from fear. I kept saying I was allergic and he started waving his arms erratically and yelling at me. I finally had enough and got up told him off and left. He is not a Dr that cares and anyone who says otherwise must be a friend of his although how that man would have friends or better yet a wife is beyond me. Do yourself a huge emotional favor don't go see him.

May 12th, 2015
I found Dr. Lazarus to be quite uncaring and arrogant. He was very short with me when I asked questions about my neuropathy. He administered a nerve test on my legs and when I moaned due to the pain he got very annoyed with me and showed no sympathy or compassion. As I read all the other negative comments I have to concur with most of them as I received pretty much the same treatment from him. He needs to really take a class on being a people person and patient courtesy.

May 6th, 2015
Great Office and Great doctors!
I have found that the office staff is wonderful in returing your calls promptly, Dr. Lazarus is a fantastic doctor. He know his stuff and has helped me through everthing with my back and afer open heart surgery pain. He listens to every word and is very courteous. He and Dr. Green are a great team. Both of them have always been there for me. I wouldn't be able to work without them. Dr. Lazarus is extremely one of the best Neurologist in Atlanta.

April 14th, 2015
It is hard to get the front desk staff to answer the phone. The communication between nurse and patient could be better .

March 9th, 2015
what type of dr's office is this? no one answers the phone, they always away from their desk.
Been trying to get an appmt, all l get is and answering message that kelly is away from her desk. Old people like me don't Like machines, and get upset, blood pressure goes up. Is this dr. Lazarus worth the agrabation?

October 14th, 2014
Please No No Not Him!!!!!!
I am 24yr old all my life. I been seen doctors neurologist and Neurosurgeons all my life. I have a shunt. I'm very mild mannered. Let me say this do not use this doctor. He is very rude no compassion for the sick. He is in it for his money he will not let you explain how you feel he knows it all. He has no respect for his patients. He prescribe meds and you take them if you are not satisfied with the side effect he gets angry and he say something Negative. Save yourself from the headache. Always do background check on your Dr. He is not believe concerned about his patients. I have never ever met a doctor so arrogant and unprofessional in my entire life. Save your self.