Dr. Kenneth Ellis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 5th, 2013
Impossible to get a message to Dr. ELlis or a phone call back from him. Staff seems to lose messages and don't call back.

September 4th, 2012
Superb treatment
Dr. Ellis is a terrific doctor. He is kind, thorough, genuinely interested in his patients. I feel completely secure in his care. The office staff and assistants were professional and helpful.

April 25th, 2012
I like Dr. Ellis a lot. He is smart, easy to talk to, takes time to ask questions & answer mine, has a good personality (sorry about "too jokey" to the other patient who gave a review - I like funny people)He seems well respected by other physicians I see when I mention that he is my gastroenterologist. I have had a colonoscopy & EGD by him & both procedures went well with no problems. Sometimes it is hard to get an appointment. The endoscopy center staff are all great. The office staff could be friendlier sometimes.

February 5th, 2012
I really like Dr Ellis, he is easy to talk to and he explains procedures or his diagnosis. It's always difficult to get an appointment without a 3 week wait. The wait is in the waiting roomy is lengthy...bring a book. The one thing I really dislike and makes me consider looking for another Dr is that he says he'll call with results from test, which I expect to hear from the Dr so I can ask questions, and know what follow-up, if any is being considered. Instead 2x now after testing (an MRI and a HIDA) "Stacy" calls, tells you the result and hangs up. It leaves you hanging, are other test needed, is there a follow-up or any suggestions? This is really becoming a deal-breaker for me. I don't see a Dr unless something is wrong with me, so I want answers.

February 2nd, 2012
Colonoscopy without Sedation
Just had a colonoscopy without sedation performed by Dr. Ellis. He was great. I had read that the skill of the doctor determines how much pain you experience. Dr. Ellis gets an A in my book. I will definitely have it again without sedation WITH Dr. Ellis.

August 31st, 2011
I saw him in the hospital and was told to follow up in a week. When I called for an appointment they couldn't get me in for 3 weeks causing me to miss an important dose of medicine. Once I was at the appointment on time, I had to wait and hour and 15 minutes to be seen although many others who arrived after me went in promptly. He spoke with me for less thank 5 minutes and did no examination. Every time I have needed to contact him to fill out paperwork, for prescriptions, or for follow ups he asked for he is "out of the office this week". The staff is very nice and helpful but he is neither.

February 7th, 2011
Unprofessional and carless
I had a sever colon pain and after visiting a primary doctor and some lab test I visited Dr. Ellis. Dr. Ellis spent less than 5 minutes and absolutely without examining me concluded that I bacteria has got unbalance and he prescribed me ALIAN. My pain continued non-stop till I visited another GI after 10 days. The new GI performed a colonoscopy and EGD. The result was that I had a 3.4 non- cancerous tumor in my colon that has to be removed by colon surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Ellis to anyone.

January 26th, 2011
Dr. Ellis may technically be qualified, but his bedside manner was a little too "jokey" for me. He also seemed put off when I challenged his assessment and/or read up on my situation prior to my appointments. I was referred to him by by GYN and had to wait a very long time for an appointment.