3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very Happy! show details Very Happy!
Aug 5th, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr. Kaan. My pain is gone and life is wonderful. I wish I had heard about him a few months ago. I would have suffered less than I did.

Thank you for being a diligent doctor. show details Thank you for being a diligent doctor.
by Wendy C on Apr 12th, 2016

I'm relieved that the scoliosis surgery is now behind me and I was able to overcome the obstacles during surgery. I continue to pray for a complete recovery and successful fusion of my spine. THANK YOU for being a caring, diligent doctor throughout my "scoliosis journey". I thank god for providing me with such a skilled surgeon. I am very pleased with the results of the surgery and my family and friends are just amazed at the my new physique. Good health for you and your family .

by Lois on Mar 22nd, 2016

I would like to thank him for taking such great care of me. I really appreciate all his efforts, wisdom, and expertise. Dr. Kaan is amazing! First, to even accept me as his patient even though another doctor did my fusions was a shocker because I thought no other doctor would ever touch me. Then for Dr. Kaan to actually listen a follow through with all my concerns was special and really made me feel like a rock star! I thought my other doctors were good but Dr. Kaan stands out. I felt like royalty. I am walking straighter and feeling less pain. Doing everything I can to make this surgery my last. He is simply amazing, words cannot express my true utmost appreciation! Dr. Kaan... Thank you and your girls in office who are so helpful and supportive to you and your patients.

I got my life back! show details I got my life back!
by Theresa R. on Mar 18th, 2016

Dr. Kenneth Kaan, because of him being the expert surgeon he is, he has given me my life back . Thank you!

some so-called surgeons are literally BUTCHERS!!!!!! show details some so-called surgeons are literally BUTCHERS!!!!!!
by Michael Hansen on Dec 9th, 2015

AVIOD THIS GUG LIKE THE PLAUGE.left operating room and interim to stitch me up while he went golfing,interim who cut major vein (lilac) that goes down my left leg that has helped to my total disability and 25 years of sciatic pain!

Sep 18th, 2015

Waste of time this doctor

Zero compassion ! show details Zero compassion !
by Sean on Sep 18th, 2015

This man was so arrogant, rude, condescending, angry, intimidating ,uncompassionate and unreasonable. My appointment was less than 4 minutes and ended with him throwing my paperwork at me opening the door slamming into the wall and yelled JESUS CHRIST. I am 47 with a disability that makes it a little harder to process things such as even simple questions. All I wanted was some help to make the suffering of my chronic back pain to stop. This guy never gave me a chance. He does this alot because he was too good at being ruthless. I am absolutely going to report him because he will keep doing this. He took an oath and I believe showing compassion is a part of that oath. He is a disgusting thing.

Aug 29th, 2015

I felt like he just wanted me to get out of his office before I even sat down. He must know his stuff, perhaps I caught him on a bad day....he kept interrupting me and speaking really fast, like trying to move it along. I felt unwelcome. And sad because my back has been hurting and I was really really looking forward to this visit. He just recommended physical therapy, but I tried that three times! He didn't listen to anything I said.

M.D., professor of medicine and pediatrics Univ of California show details M.D., professor of medicine and pediatrics Univ of California
Jan 14th, 2014

Dr. Kaan was 45 min late for apt, rushed in saying this was his last appointment, kept looking at his watch, did not answer questions, when asked about pain meds, said talk to your primary care, had the worst bedside manner I have seen in all physicians (including surgeons) in 40 years, dictated his visit with many errors in front of patient, and rushed out the door. May (or may not be a good surgeon technically), but his knowledge and abiity convey confidence in his ability and his patient interaction skills are a minus 3.

Dr kaan show details Dr kaan
by Ron carpenter on Sep 23rd, 2013

My experience was outstanding, dr Kaan is truly number one as far as I'm concern, I had a lower back fusion, a year ago and I haven't felt better. I have no regrets. Thanks to Dr Kaan I have no more pain going down my leg.

Mr. Rush show details Mr. Rush
Dec 1st, 2012

Appointment was at 10:50a.m. and did not get in until around 12:15p.m.He had a personal phone call and seemed like he needed to get out of his office asap. He spoke very fast and seemed unorganized. He did recommend surgery and bluntly said massage will not help. You really need to ask him to explain, if not, he'll just record his report and rush you out of the office and already greeting the next patient before asking if we had anymore questions. This man is not quite professional in his bedside manner.I don't feel comfortable in seeing him again and I'm sure he could care less.

Mrs. J.G show details Mrs. J.G
Nov 14th, 2012

VERY RUDE! SARCASTIC! RUSHED FELT LIKE HE CARED ABOUT INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT OR DOING SURGERY ONLY IF NOT HE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN SPENDING TIME WITH PATIENT NOT PATIENT ORIENTED! TOLERATED THREE VISITS AND DECIDED TO GO ELSEWHERE-INTERESTING ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED OR SOMEONE QUIT-TALKED TO THREE DIFFERENT STAFF MEMBERS -WHEN CALLING FOR MEDICAL RECORDS THE YOUNG LADY I TALKED WITH QUIT SO HAD TO RE-INTERATE THE WHOLE REQUEST FOR RELEASE OF MEDICAL RECORDS FOR THE LAST THREE VISITS. BE VERY VERY CAREUL WITH THIS ONE!

Best Back surgeon in the state show details Best Back surgeon in the state
Oct 31st, 2012

Dr. Kaan is a no nonsense surgeon. If you want someone who talks a lot and is warm and fuzzy, he may not be the one for you, but I will tell you you will not find a better back surgeon than Dr. Kaan. I had 2 huge back surgeries 4 days apart and have rods and screws in my back. He was very attentive to my recovery and made sure I was comfortable. I was impressed with his professionalism and candor. Talk frankly to him and he will talk frankly to you. He never talked down to me. There were doctors in town whom I did not feel comfortable with fixing my scoliosis, which was severe. I had NO doubts when I met Dr. Kaan that he would do what needed to straighten my back and stop the pain..and I was not disappointed. Back surgery is very very tricky. If you dont get it right the first time, you are in trouble. Kaan got it right, he got it perfect...and I was under the knife each time for several hours. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Lack of thoroughness - completely void of professionalism show details Lack of thoroughness - completely void of professionalism
Aug 20th, 2012

He did an IME (Independent Medical Exam) scheduled by an insurance company, and only spent 9 minutes with me. 5 of which he dictated his report into a voice recorder - most IMEs take hours to complete!! Ridiculous!

Jul 10th, 2012

Dr. Kaan was more interested in making his plane flight back to Honolulu. I was unable to discuss anything because he was in such a hurry to finish with me. And, quite frankly, I don't think he really cared, anyway.

not the doctor to see unless you want surgery show details not the doctor to see unless you want surgery
Jul 9th, 2012

waited over a hour to see, then felt rushed out when finally got to talk to him. seemed close minded to alternative health care. just all for waiting till condition is bad enough for surgery. in the meantime you just suffer in pain.

Great surgeon!!!!!!! show details Great surgeon!!!!!!!
May 29th, 2012

I was one of those people who thought that I could tough out any pain I was feeling; assuming I was just sore. I was finally convinced to get it checked out when the pain in my legs was almost unbearable. Dr. Kaan ordered a scan after reviewing my symptoms and explained why he was doing so which was something that I appreciated. His staff gladly scheduled me in at a convenient time and within a week I was diagnosed and a candidate for surgery. I do not regret my decision, AT ALL. From the time I arrived home I knew I was going to feel better and I did. After surgery I had a few follow ups with Dr. Kaan and my pain was completely resolved. At my last visit I told his staff I hope I never have to come back for the same pain I felt prior to surgery, and I haven't!

great surgeon show details great surgeon
Apr 5th, 2012

Kenneth Kaan MD. performed several surgeries on my wife's spine, resulting from a hit & run rear-end collision driven by a 15 year old unlicensed driver. I'm convinced if he didn't perform surgery, my wife wouldn't be walking today.

Dr. Kaan works magic show details Dr. Kaan works magic
Mar 29th, 2012

I suffered from a severe disc protrusion on my L5-S1 spine which caused me to have extreme down the right side of my leg. I went to see Dr. Kaan and within 3 weeks was diagnosed and underwent a 7 hour operation. I stayed in the hospital for 5 nights and without fail Dr. Kaan was there at about 5:30 am each morning to check on my status. He really cares about his patients and his staff if friendly and accessible. It has been only 30 days since my operation and I no longer have the debilitating pain down my right leg like I had for almost 6 months. I'm still a little sore from the operation but each day I grow stronger. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaan to anyone who wants to feel better and who wants a skilled surgeon. The spine is not a part of your body that you want to take a chance with. As a side note, I had a butterfly in my lower back area where the operation was to take place. When I was strong enough to see the stitches, I noticed that he cut my back right in the spine of the buttery, thus hiding the stitch marks. I was so impressed because he took the time to think about the scar and did an excellent job working it into my tattoo. To me, this was going the extra mile and I am grateful for his skillful hands and the relief that he provided me. Aloha and thank you letting me share my story

Fantastic doctor. show details Fantastic doctor.
Feb 9th, 2012

It was a number of years ago but my experince was so great that when a friend of mine today asked if I could recommend a doctor for her back I recommended Doctor Kaan without hesitation. I looked him up and was saddened to see that his ratings were not higher and felt guilty that I never rated just how good I thougt he was. Very up front and told me what the best results and what the worst results could be so that I could make an educated decision on wheter or not to proceed with the surgery. I never regreted my decision. One great doctor.

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
May 27th, 2011

To all of the people who reviewed badly, please note that Dr. Kaan is a surgeon, and a very good one too. Before, I was dehabliitated but now I can walk and run with no pain. I look taller and with good posture, I even feel younger because of the great work he's done. Thanks!

Feb 24th, 2010

Good doctor. long wait times.

UNPROFESSIONAL!!! show details UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
Mar 12th, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Kaan by my physician. Dr. Kaan was very rude. He would not let me explain my condition and the reason for my visit. I asked him he would be able to recommend any type of treatment. His answer without any explanation, "NO". I was truly disappointed in Dr. Kenneth Kaan professional and lack of bedside manner!

Stay Away! show details Stay Away!
Aug 24th, 2008

My experience with this Doctor has proven disasterous. He surely does not have the best interest of the patient in mind and shows that he only cares about receiving his paychecks.