Dr. Kenneth Kumamoto MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine San Leandro, CA

2.7

August 4th, 2014
Terrible bedside manner
Rudest doctor. No compassion. Got wrong side of body in write up.

June 6th, 2012
Needs to smile once or twice and pretend he cares
I'm sincerely concerned about the capabilities and well-roundedness of doctors these days...this guy Kenneth Kumamoto was (the attending?) in the emergency room Sunday when I had to go in because I fell and sprained my ankle.I wanted to make sure I didn't break it. The ER was quite empty, considering it was a weekend, about 2:00 PM. This guy was completely unfriendly and non-communicative. He basically refused to answer most of my (obvious) questions and did not offer me much guidance.He never smiled.He asked me one question.He made no reference to my medical history.I have no idea if he read my chart or intake form.He did not offer to let me see my x-rays. (The nurse did, and I took them home.)A sample of our communication: Q: What could have caused the bruise near my hip incision area that has been there for many weeks? A: "No idea". Me: "Do you think it has to do with internal bleeding from my hip joint? " A: "We could speculate all day. I don't know". Me: "Do you want to check it out?" A: "Nothing shows up in the X-ray". Me: "What should I do?" A: "Tell your doctor". Me: "Do you think a soft-tissue exam, such as an MRI, might show something?" A: "No idea. I'm not going to do that now." Me: "What should I do about this ankle?" A: "Nothing shows up in the X-ray". Me: "Tell me about that." A: "Nothing shows up." Me: "You mean, it's not broken?" A: "It's not broken." Me: "So, it's sprained? What should I do about it?" A: "The nurse will tell you." etc.That gives you the general idea.I don't think the medical establishment is so desperate that people like this guy make it through and thrive.

June 6th, 2012
Don't go to CMPC - if this doctor is on duty
Dr. Kumamoto is rude, dismissive and clearly hates his job. My partner had slipped and possibly broken his foot/ankle. Dr. Kumamoto didn't care about a reexisiting medical condition that contributed to his fall -- and didn't take this into consideration when he delivered the results of the x-ray. Although he said there wasn't anything broken, I just don't trust him - he was only interested in getting us out of the ER. I would be fired if I did my job as poorly as Dr. Kumamoto. He's simply not interested in people or their health -- it puzzles me why he picked his profession.

August 8th, 2009
Incompetent
Mr. Kumamoto saw my mother when she was admitted to the emergency room at CPMC. Although it was her second time around in the emergency for the same illness, despite the facts (she's been ill for 2 months, has lost 25 lbs, hasn't really eaten in that whole time, her intestinal infection had come back after 2 rounds of antibiotics, she was experiencing severe diarrhea every 2 hours resulting in over 15 times in a 24 hour period), his course of action was to give her immodium Advance (which I've since learned is potentially harmful to toxic for someone with her condition) and send her home. As they were getting ready to push her out the door, she spiked a fever, had an elevated heartbeat and she vomited. They then decided that perhaps it would be good to keep here.Additionally, as I was asking Mr. Kumamoto about treatment options, he suggested giving her the same medication that she had been given twice before which didn't work. I mentioned that a prior doctor had suggested another drug if the first one didnt' work. He then proceeded to tell me that the other drug was very expensive. My mother has insurance and I told him this. Besides, would he withhold that medication because of cost? It would it unbecoming of a doctor to say that to us.So overall, I was less than impressed and feel that if Dr. Kumamoto is treating you or your loved one, you had better be or have a strong advocate, do some research on your own (or ask your friends who are doctors).