Dr. Kenneth Shapiro MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Templeton, CA

2.9

January 26th, 2016
Poor health provider
Missed a diagnosis that could have been cancer and was very casual about it. Did not send a description of my injuries (broken ribs) and estimation of recovery to SLO County human resources so I could pass my pre-employment physical. The county extended the time to submit a doctor's report 2 times, but Dr. Shapiro's office never sent the information to SLO human resources. The job offer was rescinded after SLO HR waited over 10 weeks for a response. Also, after an auto accident did not follow through with a physical therapist even after I went back to his office to remind him. It feels like he could care less about his patients.

September 24th, 2014
Better than any other doctor in this area.
I had swollen legs after a long flight that would not dissipate. The doctor who I had been seeing prescribed dangerous diuretics and sent me away without follow up. Dr. Shapiro conducted a thorough exam, including EKG and heart studies and took me off the diuretics. His recommendation was to simply to hydrate as much as possible and move around the plane. It has never happened to me again. Needless to say I stopped seeing the former quack.

December 7th, 2011
Smart
Good Diagnostician, practical doctor.

July 26th, 2011
Okay for HMO primary care
Dr. Shapiro is fine for an HMO primary care doctor. He has been my primary care physician for many years now and is happy to refer to a specialist with any significant issues. He diagnoses me accurately about 80% of the time for minor issues and quickly sends me to a specialist for anything significant. Misdiagnosis is usually 'close' and follow up usually gets it, about par for the doctor business. His manner is a little abrupt and direct but some folks like that over someone that coddles. Staff is very nice.

October 6th, 2009
Dr Duck
This guy is a quack. Long story. Conjured up bogus concerns. Since I've met two other people he did the same thing to. Stupid too. Told me my athlets foot was exema! Not to long after I wanted my records and he is no longer at the same place with no forwarding contact info. He's a quack. Stay away.

March 19th, 2009
This doctor does not even want to get close to his patients especially if they have a cough of some sort. I've been to him three times for an upper respiratory problem and all he can say is that it will go away on its own. He spends less than three to four minutes and he's completed his initial finds. That's the fastest job I've ever seen. I wish I was as fast in my job as he is in his.