Dr. Kenneth Shapiro Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Shapiro?

Poor health provider

Posted on January 26th, 2016

Missed a diagnosis that could have been cancer and was very casual about it. Did not send a description of my injuries (broken ribs) and estimation of recovery to SLO County human resources so I could pass my pre-employment physical. The county extended the time to submit a doctor's report 2 times, but Dr. Shapiro's office never sent the information to SLO human resources. The job offer was rescinded after SLO HR waited over 10 weeks for a response. Also, after an auto accident did not follow through with a physical therapist even after I went back to his office to remind him. It feels like he could care less about his patients.

Better than any other doctor in this area.

Posted on September 25th, 2014

I had swollen legs after a long flight that would not dissipate. The doctor who I had been seeing prescribed dangerous diuretics and sent me away without follow up. Dr. Shapiro conducted a thorough exam, including EKG and heart studies and took me off the diuretics. His recommendation was to simply to hydrate as much as possible and move around the plane. It has never happened to me again. Needless to say I stopped seeing the former quack.

Smart

Posted on December 7th, 2011

Good Diagnostician, practical doctor.

Okay for HMO primary care

Posted on July 26th, 2011

Dr. Shapiro is fine for an HMO primary care doctor. He has been my primary care physician for many years now and is happy to refer to a specialist with any significant issues. He diagnoses me accurately about 80% of the time for minor issues and quickly sends me to a specialist for anything significant. Misdiagnosis is usually 'close' and follow up usually gets it, about par for the doctor business. His manner is a little abrupt and direct but some folks like that over someone that coddles. Staff is very nice.

Dr Duck

Posted on October 6th, 2009

This guy is a quack. Long story. Conjured up bogus concerns. Since I've met two other people he did the same thing to. Stupid too. Told me my athlets foot was exema! Not to long after I wanted my records and he is no longer at the same place with no forwarding contact info. He's a quack. Stay away.

Posted on March 19th, 2009

This doctor does not even want to get close to his patients especially if they have a cough of some sort. I've been to him three times for an upper respiratory problem and all he can say is that it will go away on its own. He spends less than three to four minutes and he's completed his initial finds. That's the fastest job I've ever seen. I wish I was as fast in my job as he is in his.

Posted on October 24th, 2017