Neurologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Michael on Sep 20th, 2013

As he should, Dr. Martinez deleted my review because it was unflattering. As a patient, I can tell you that if you are coming here for a review of this Dr., please stay away. He is truly the most condescending and arrogant Dr. I have ever come across. I do not think he even read the MRI report more than 12 seconds walking late into the office. If you have a chance to question something, he takes it personally and with vile. He chooses to be cold, dismiss and talk down to you rather than be compassionate, listening and take a moment to think about the pain you're in. I wouldn't take the time to write a 2nd review unless I felt that strongly about how awful this Dr. is. I can appreciate he is someone's brother, son, wife and friend...but as a Dr. he should NOT be practicing. He is the antithesis of what a Dr. should be.

Jul 29th, 2013

This office is wonderfull I have been a patient for many years and never had a problem with the Dr. or staff. As a patient you need to know details of you insurance and deductables. Well as for the office they do all they can to get infromation and approvals. and to the clown trying to obtain records yes remember the charge is for the copy of all your records not just one test that is to obatain all records meaning if it's 2 pages or 100 pages. I'm sure you were up set and you sound not very pleasent. there are noclows that have multipul tattoos a this office and what does tattos have to do with the job that is preformed. Please remember that we are are human and I'm sure Dr. Martinez gives everyone that walks in and is being treated the respect and the treatment to the true diagnosis and deserved he is compationate man and so is the staff. Thank you

|  Patient  |  show details
by Patient on Jul 9th, 2013

This guy is a clown and his office is about as rude as they get. I had a nerve conduction test done at his office. Some guy with a dozen tattoos who smelled like smoke did the test. The Dr. was now where to be found. Then, when I asked for a copy of the test results, they tried to charge me $15 and said they were allowed to do it under California law. Really? I paid $1,500.00 for this test and now they want to charge me another $15 for the actual results? The Office Manger, Ann-Marie even claimed that their medical malpractice insurance company recommended that they charge a fee to patients for test results. Huh? When I pressed her on this ridiculous nonsensical claim she changed her talking point to say that it has been their policy for a long time (obviously recognizing that her claim made no sense). I insisted that I speak with Dr. Martinez, thinking that he would certainly have some common sense on this issue. He got on the phone and like a parrot, repeated their office policy like a defiant child. When I told him that the neurosurgeon's office was taken aback by the fact that they refused to provide me with a copy of the test results without charging me a fee, he said he would sue me if I said that again. Huh? (again). Don't waste your time with these clowns. I would give them a "zero star" if it were available. They have no common sense. They would rather burn bridges for $15 (because they can) instead of simply providing me with a copy of the test results for my $1,500.00 test.

|  previous patient  |  show details
by kim on Apr 24th, 2013

Dissapointed and Dishonest! His staff said my appointment would be covered by insuranve then hit me with a $1400 bill. I left messages for Dr. Martinez who never called me back to discuss the matter. They tell you just enough so you book the appointment then leave you with a bill you cant afford. He is a coward and stealing from poeple who cant afford it.Kim

Doctor's Response

We appreciate your feed back and hope that you have contacted our billing office at (949) 709-4042 to resolve any issues you may be having with your balance. Prior to any appointments and all procedures we make every effort to obtain prior authorization for our patients. While every insurance plan is different, our office will attempt to get your deductible and co-insurance information from your health plan for you (if requested) but ultimately how much of the YTD deductible has been met is the patient's responsibility.

Mar 26th, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!! My daughter went to his office for fainting episodes. Dr. Martinez ordered an MRI and EEG to be performed. We received the results of the MRI within a week, not so much for the EEG. It has now been 2 1/2 weeks and still no results. My daughter was taken to the hospital via an ambulance b/c she had another fainting episode. The hospital tried for 2 days to get a hold of Dr. Martinez for the results and still to no avail. I don't understand since it usually only takes one day to read an EEG. REDICULOUS!!!

Feb 11th, 2013

Highly recommend this doctor and his PA Catherine

Nov 7th, 2012

i have essencial tremorr and he is only dr that has helped and gave me helpful info and meds to help. he and staff are wonderful

|  Dr. Martinez is Brillianbt  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

While people may think he is a "used car salesman," that is his true, caring personality. Dr. Martinez is a nationally acclaimed and recognized leader in his field in treating Parkinson's Disease and movement disorders. He is able to diagnose and treat things effectively and efficiently using the most modern techniques, methods, and medications. If he says you are one of his worst patients, there is a reason! I went to him after seeing his results- his other patients were clients of mine. I saw what he was able to do. When other neurologists overlooked things and disreagared my concerns, Dr. Martinez listened to me, looked at my history, and instantly figured out what others had overlooked for years. You cannot ask for more. Why else would he be on faculty at USC and a national leader?

|  Condescending doc with incompetent staff  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

When I called the office for an appointment on two ocassions, no-one called me back. The office staff lost my MRI report that had been sent to them by my ENT. The office staff made no attempt to call my ENT doctor to obtain my report while I was there. The entire staff was condescending. Dr. Martinez touched my hands and knees to communicate caring; he reminded me of a car salesman.

|  Please don't go  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

Folks,This guy should be a used car salesman. He is so bad he put me on drugs that have totally disrupted my life. When I told him I was having side effects from the drugs he literally called me one of his worst patients. Beware of this guy he is in it for the money and not you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Definitely a Brain Pro!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

After a CT Scan, MRI, multiple other doctors, I saw Dr. Martinez and his PA Cheryl. They diagnosed me within minutes, explained it all and carefully chose a medication. Medication worked immediately and the issue is pretty much solved. Follow up appointments have been with his PA, but she seems to know more about neurology than all the other docs I have seen.

May 23rd, 2011

The PA was horrible then the doctor pops his head in the office for a couple of minutes. I did not go to a neurologist to see his PA. They diagnosed me with migraines. I got botox to help after they said I would only have to pay my co-pay. Three people in the office told me this. Three months later the bill arrived for $265. I have been called for months and no one will call me back. What kind of fraud is this office doing? Save yourself time and frustration see a different doctor.

Oct 12th, 2010

Dr. Martinez has been treating me for Parkinson's Disease for 3 years. His examinations are very complete, his prescriptions have kept my symptoms under control, he interfaces with my other Drs. when he is concerned with Rx contradictions. I would reccomend him in a heart beat

|  Bad follow up  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2010

It is amazing that 12 days after a visit there is no follow up and an MRI that had to be requested had not even reached Monarch. I wonder if I had waited 2 months if they would have still not followed up,

|  An exceptional doctor  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2010

Dr. Martinez is one of the most caring and patient doctors I've had the pleasure to know. He helped me through a series of medications to control my Essential Tremor, and explored all options with me before I finally decided on Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery. In partnership with Dr. Christopher Duma, my surgeon, these two doctors were absolutely outstanding. The staff is also incredibly patient, informative and helpful.

|  Hazel  |  show details
May 6th, 2010

Dr Martinez is possibly the nicest and certainly one of the most competant and professional MDs I have ever had to deal with. He took his time with me, was caring and concerned and also made a prompt an accurate diagnosis. I strongly recommend him and remain very impressed.

|  Absolute Worst Experience EVER!!  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2009

RUDE, IMPATIENT, ARROGANT, and UNWILLING to consider a potential piece of the puzzle from another doctor because he wrongly assumed she was not an MD. RUDELY and AGGRESSIVELY entered the exam room approaching me with an exam tool, stating this doctor was not being helpful. I actually had to explain that since the problem was in the exact same area of my head, perhaps it could be something to look at. He grudgingly looked then said it was nothing, but who knows. The man seriously needs sensitivity training not to mention anger management.