A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kenneth Mattox:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mattox
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mattox Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kenneth Mattox, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Aortic Rupture
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Hemorrhagic Shock
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Multiple Trauma
- Thoracic Injuries
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Wound Infection
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Mattox graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Mattox has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Ben Taub General Hospital
- St. Luke S Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kenneth L Mattox MD is a male Surgeon, has 48 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Kenneth L. Mattox practice?
- Dr. Kenneth Mattox has 1 office location.
Dr. Kenneth Mattox practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons.