Overall Review

3.3

July 22nd, 2016
Patient ; husband of another patient
Made my wife go from depressed to psychotic by wrongfully prescribing samples of a drug called pristique then saying basically screw her if she couldn't afford the medication with insurance which is $300 plus with cigna

March 21st, 2016
Love this practice
Great medical staff. On time, accurate diagnosis, thorough exam. Courteous friendly very thorough.

December 14th, 2015
Grade A - Five Star Physician
Dr. McDowell could write the book for all other doctors on attentiveness, communication, compassion, and professionalism. The quality of care Dr. McDowell extended to me was beyond excellent.

October 1st, 2015
I have never came in contact with such a RUDE Doctor!!!! But I guess the good old boys are in Virginia to sad but true.
He is not a Doctor that I would have for my family.

September 30th, 2015
Dr.Mc.Dowell needs to close his office. The world is full of African Americans so he will not make it.He don't like us.
This Dr is so rude he does not like black people at all he talks to us as if we are benalf him.He didn't care if I died went in with chest pain and then he wanted me to get loud with him after he refuse to give me my monthly meds but I didn't. I really pray that he gets so help before!!!!! Be careful he will try and put something bad in your file to make you look like a drugy.He DON'T CARE!!!!

August 25th, 2015
Cop or Doctor?
Very rude, and egotistical at that. If you have anything beyond the common cold look elsewhere. He was simply out of line, acting as if he was an interrogating cop rather than a doctor. Nothing got done as well. Please don't waste your time with him.

May 13th, 2014
The Whole Patient!!!!
Dr. McDowell is a kind and caring doctor who treats the "whole" patient, not just the physical problems. He answers ALL my questions, explains things clearly, and is very good at reassuring me. He listens and hears! He also has a fabulous sense of humor. The office is clean and pleasant. I am thrilled to be one of his patients!

March 24th, 2014
Mr
I have been seeing Dr. McDowell for several years now, in fact he was recommended by my old doctor that moved out of the area. I have had nothing but great service from his front desk personnel and from his medical staff. I have a chronic condition that requires emergency visits once and awhile and have had no problems getting either same day or next day appointment. As for his knowledge, Dr. McDowell has been right in line with what other doctors have told me. He has always spent time explaining the illness and the possible treatments to me. One of the things I really like is when blood work is needed they don't send me out to a lab they draw it there. I have to say that my overall experience with this doctor and his office has been GREAT. I will continue to see him and would recommend him to my friends and family. .

March 13th, 2014
A true healer
Ken McDowell is an amazing doctor! When my mom was terminally ill and needed hospice care, he had a full waiting room, yet I watched him decide to stop and sit with her and answer all of her questions. He was kind and gentle, and referred her to the hospice care she needed. I know that doctors have alot of patients and are very busy, and yet, in this case, he made all the difference to my mom at the end of her life when she was needing time and understanding. She saw alot of doctors during the course of her illness, and Dr. McDowell will never be forgotten by me or my family for his true healing ways.

July 31st, 2013
One of the best Doctor's I have ever had!
Upon reading several of the reviews here I am completely appalled! I have been a patient of Dr. McDowell for 8 years and I have NEVER had an issue with him or his staff. I have several chronic ailments and those ailments are his major concern when overseeing my health care. If a particular drug is not working then he continues to find another drug that works better. I have never been rushed out the door or made to feel like I was not important...Actually just the opposite. Those of you who believe you should have a wait time of less then a minute are in for a rude awaking! Has it ever dawned on you that perhaps while you are waiting for the doctor, he is in with another patient informing them they have terminal cancer and giving them the time they need to digest this information and answer their questions? No of course not, because all you do is think of yourselves. Well, I was that patient and I am grateful that I had a compassionate medical professional "holding my hand" during this nightmare! For those of you who have common sense and realistic exceptions of wait times then I highly recommend Dr. McDowell or anyone of his providers.....Even the Physician Assistants!

May 1st, 2013
I'd Stay Away!
I started seeing this physician not long after he came to the area. Honestly, I used to really like him. He seemed knowledgeable and like he really cared, spending as much time as needed with me. BUT, for about the last 2 years everything has changed. Here's the bad: -when you make appt. you are usually relegated to seeing a Physician's Asst. or Nurse Practicioner, unless you want to wait months to see Dr. McDowell.- He now doesn't spend any time with you, he just seems rushed to get to the next patient. - Not friendly!!!- Prescribes mostly brand name drugs with no generic alternative, seems bothered if you ask for generics.- THE WALLS ARE PAPER THIN! YOU CAN HEAR NEARLY EVERYTHING BEING SAID IN WAITING ROOMS NEXT TO YOU!!! VERY DISTURBING!- Very unfriendly staff, they always seem rushed with a bad attitude.-I really don't have confidence any more in this physician. The office many times seems very unorganized sometimes bordering on complete chaos! It is impossible to get refills, they state 72 hours wait time once you call in for a refill, but in reality it can be MUCH longer than that. I wish I could recommend this doctor, but sadly I would just advise people to keep looking.

March 1st, 2013
Waste
Rude front desk staff, no sence on urgency, poor personable care. They want you in and out with no care of a fix of your condition. No follow up, just overall a miserable place.