A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. KENNETH MERKATZ:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. KENNETH MERKATZ is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. KENNETH MERKATZ, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. MERKATZ graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. MERKATZ has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital
- Martin Memorial Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. MERKATZ accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. KENNETH A. MERKATZ practice?
Dr. KENNETH MERKATZ practices Nuclear Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Bloomfield, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Hartford, CT and Stuart, FL.
See Bloomfield Nuclear Medicine Physicians and Bloomfield Cardiologists.