Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Facts show details Facts
by Jimmy B on Jun 21st, 2016

A training Dr came it to review with simple questions. Dr Mroczek came in right after he got the scope of injury. We went over it in detail. Told me how to care for my injury. Done. This is a good guy that knows his stuff. THE FACTS. I don't need coddling. I need to know how to take care of the problem. Just the way he told me. I wish this guy was my primary physician. I would recommend this Doctor all day long.

Provided Quality Service and Attention show details Provided Quality Service and Attention
Nov 2nd, 2015

I had a follow-up visit with Dr. M for surgery that was done by another orthopedic surgeon (Dr. E) who had performed this for me at HSS but who no longer accepted my med insurance plan. Even though Dr. M was not the one who performed my surgeries, he still knew my orth surgeon Dr. E as a fellow practitioner and attended to me and my questions all the same. I definitely felt I was in good hands and care.

Best doctor show details Best doctor
by DCR on Sep 22nd, 2015

I got six opinions because I am a nurse and I don't believe in putting all of your eggs in one basket. I can see why he is in charge. He is Excellent!!!!

ms show details ms
by estelle on Jun 29th, 2015

I would definitely recommend Dr. Mroczek. He is a knowledgeable and caring doctor , who takes much pride in his work, To him mediocre is not in his vocabulary, I had a very positive experience, He was able to heal an ailment that I had for many years. I had been under the care of multiple doctors, yet none were able to diagnose and thus heal my issue. For that I have much gratitude to the Dr. His office staff did not get back to me in the time frame that I would have liked, but it was a small price to pay when looking at the big picture. To summarize, Dr Mroczek is an extremely competent doctor who takes time to answer all patients questions, both before and after surgery. I would definitely recommend him.

Could NOT even limp around after seeing this "orthopedic surgeon" show details Could NOT even limp around after seeing this "orthopedic surgeon"
by LS on Dec 17th, 2013

Don't waste your time unless you have excellent private insurance. They schedule you with this doctor and his name is printed on the appointment form they send you. But when you show up for appointment, you are seen by an inexperienced medical resident who has little to no training in the medical speciality you need. I needed a foot/ankle surgeon to look at my posterior tibial tendinitis. Was scheduled with Dr. M for a follow-up. He walked right past my door and when the resident tried to introduce us, this purported 30 plus year "orthopedic surgeon" looked at me like I was garbage and walked off. The medical resident in his stead did not do any MRI on my ankle, misdiagnosed me and gave me erroneous treatment plan to wear a CAM boot 24-7 when I had already been in the boot and been immobile for almost two months. When I followed with his instructions, within a week, my entire ankle became so inflamed and swollen with hardened malleolar bursas and tenosynovitis so painful I could not even bear weight on the ankle. I had to see another orthopedist who immediately did an MRI and a debridement of the tendon sheath. My recommendation is find another orthopedist who not only cares about the $$$$$$bottom line but actually cares about you as a person and patient.

I would definitely recommend Dr. Mroczek show details I would definitely recommend Dr. Mroczek
by Larry on Dec 3rd, 2013

Dr. Mroczek was wonderful from the first visit though the surgery and the follow u visits. Dr. Mroczek and his office staff were helpful and answered all our questions and concerns whenever we called.On the day of surgery, he met with us prior to the surgery and made sure we understood the entire procedure. He made sure my wife received updates while I was in surgery and recovery. Dr. Mroczek and his staff made a difficult time less stressful. I will recommend him to anyone who needs an ankle surgeon who knows his field and does not think surgery is the first step.

good foot specialist show details good foot specialist
Jul 2nd, 2012

I had an injury, and the ER doctor sent me to Dr. Mrocek because he himself had broken his foot and Dr. Mrocek had fixed him up. Seemed like a good recommendation to me!The front office staff is ok, if a bit brusque at first. The medical assistants/nurses have been awesome on each visit, and Dr. Mrocek is a nice guy who kept a close eye on my injury while not being overly aggressive or anything.

Apr 20th, 2012

He was great prior to my surgery, but would not help afterwards when the surgery was not a sucess. Had to go to another doctor for another surgery to fully correct the problem that was not corrected in the surgery Dr. Mroczek performed. It was a terrible experience and what was worse was how he blew me off once the 1st surgery did not help. I got the impression that he thought I was not being honest about the pain because he is the best. I clearly had a ruptured tendon after the 1st surgery was completed. My 2nd doctor saw the MRI prior to Dr. Mroczek's surgery and showed me the rupture so I underwent a surgery that did nothing.

Did not look at my past medical history show details Did not look at my past medical history
Feb 14th, 2012

Dr. Mroczek is a nice guy but not much of a detail doctor. he never looked at my past surgical reports,medical history,followed up with me-basically blew me and my surgical problem off. I found someone else to help me.

Jan 7th, 2011

Dr. Mroczek was efficient and seemed well informed, as did his Resident. However, it took 8 business days to secure an appointment as his office staff DID NOT return my phone calls.He gave me a prescription which I immediately took to my pharmacy.The pharmacist had a question and called his office.I called to follow up. Neither the pharmacist nor I have received a return call in 2 days.This shows a lack of respect for the patients!

by Mrs.Rosalie Pape on Dec 3rd, 2010

He is a doctor who really cares about his patients. The office staff are pleasant and efficient. I have had a few surgeries with him and the results were excellent. I actually travel from South Jersey to have him as my physician.

Seems rushed... show details Seems rushed...
Sep 27th, 2010

He's nice and competent but doesn't provide a lot of post-op info and is very quick when you see him so you had better have your questions written out and ready before he's gone.

Not Impressed show details Not Impressed
Jun 24th, 2010

I was referred to him by another orthopedist at NYUMC. Total waste of time. First, he told me I couldn't possibly have the problem I DID have (confirmed by MRI), and when I went back to him about it, he tried to tell me to live with it. Turns out, he finally admitted he wasn't sure if he could fix my tendon, so I went to another surgeon who DID fix it. He blew me off, and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Mar 30th, 2010

may be a good dr yet to see but front office is a nightmare..calls not returned. no one answwers phone alway get answering machine and no return calllousy system..hope dr is as good as I hear

by PS on Nov 19th, 2009

The previous comment exactly matches my own experience: Dr. Mroczek makes you wait over an hour, then pops in rushed for less than 5 minutes and his staff will not respond to phone calls OR emails. Ever. His diagnosis was wrong twice. I can't say if he is or isn't a good guy. I barely saw him in 3 visits.

Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Mroczek is a caring doctor who operated on my daughter's ankle. He is always available to speak with, even after hours. His bedside manner can appear to be rushed, but I think it is his personality. If you ask a lot of questions, he will answer them. Book your appointment early in the morning and you won't have to wait.

Sep 9th, 2009

Dr. Mroczek spends time with you prior to surgery but post op he is short and does not spend enough time.

MD show details MD
Apr 6th, 2009

Had 3 visits to NYU. Each time had to wait for 60 to 90 mins to be seen. Physical exam and interest in my problem was minimal. Felt it was a case of getting me seen and out of the exam room as soon as possible due to back-log in wait time.