Dr. Kenneth Pettine MD Patient Reviews

• 39 reviews

October 2nd, 2016
Patient
Pettine was always late, up to an hour, had a goofy manner about him, and left me with a feeling of questioning his expertise. I feel that I threw $10k out the window for his so called stem cell treatment.

September 25th, 2016
GREAT SURGEON
What fantastic doctor,he explains everything. I feel fantastic. After 2 failed surgeries 5 broken screw tips he fix past surgeon mistakes. He believes your spine should be free motion NOT FUSED.Than You Dr. Pettine

September 6th, 2016
Excellent in every way!!

July 30th, 2016
Stem cell transplant
Dr Pettine was knowledgeable, educational in discussion, and courteous in presentation of information. He is a caring, Christianly man making me glad I chose him for a stem cell treatment of my lumbar and cervical disks. Two years later with good results I would recommend him to any family member or friend. Well worth the trip from California to Colorado, plus you get cleaner air and a sprinkle of snow.

July 29th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr Pettine is an expert in his field and has always tried to find the best way to conservatively treat his patients. He performs all kinds of spine surgeries, but goes out of his way to offer other options. If surgery is necessary, he is capable of doing state of the art work, and not just continue to do what he learned long ago.

July 22nd, 2016
Great doctor. Best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever been to.

July 21st, 2016
Total waste of time, money and PAIN
He operated on my mom and put a Cor-Flex in her back. It did not help at all and he followed it up with two shots that did not help. As he was leaving the room he made a comment she had a "ditzy back" as he glanced towards the x-ray. The next two doctors she would see both said there is no way the Cor-Flex would work because the spine was not stabilized above nor below where he put that silly little device. Once doctor told her he would never use those inserts because he took enough out of people and fused their spines. The other doctor told her his group has cleaned up a lot of operations from Pettine. It's a good thing he is no longer in practice.

July 16th, 2016
A complete waste of money, energy and time
I had 2 Coflex put in my lower spine which did nothing to stop the pain in my lower back, that was about 4 yrs ago. Dr. Pettine's personality was not comforting and clownish. His assistant doctor (can't remember his name) was fine. I went to Pettine because I was impressed by his credentials and new technologies but it was all a farce.. I still suffer to this day from back pain.

July 14th, 2016
No relief from surgery at all

July 13th, 2016
Whacky Guy, Now I Know Why!
The only reason I went to Pettine in 2014 was because he was the surgeon in the area performing the clinical trial for M-6 disc replacement. I'm okay (not great) but was never happy with this guy's persona and inability to carry on a conversation, never mind answering questions. He would come into the exam room acting like a pirate or talking about a movie he saw. But my research on him showed him to be a good surgeon and the M-6 had been used in Germany successfully for 20K surgeries. Turns out that the clinical trial paid nothing towards my co-pays because my insurance paid for the surgery, and it would have paid for the surgery if I had gone to Germany! I do wish I had. I would have gotten to stay in the hospital for 5 days and gotten the recovery care and post-op instructions one needs after spinal surgery. As it was, when I was having trouble a couple months out, all Pettine offered me in the way of help was a prescription for muscle relaxers which I refused like I had refused OPIODs post-op. I wasn't in that much pain, just having the same symptoms I had before getting the surgery (numb and tingling hands and arms from a pinched nerve). Turns out things had gotten inflamed from overdoing it, which my GP determined (not Pettine) and prescribed me an anti-inflammatory. I am finished with the clinical trial but wondering now that Pettine has been arrested for fraudulent use of prescriptions for himself and botching 3 surgeries if he botched mine somehow. His replacement at my final visit told me that the M-6 disc is a little to the left, but not to worry. But that could be why I am only comfortable turning my head one way. Even if Pettine gets his license back, I would not recommend him. Even though the staff was honest with me about why Pettine had been replaced (they told me to look it up online), I won't go there again because his replacement was part of his team. If I have future problems, I will go elsewhere for help and get a second and third opinion! My advice is to trust your gut if a doctor seems a little off. They might just be under the influence of prescription meds!!

July 9th, 2016
Dr. Pettine has performed three highly successful surgeries on my deformed spine. At the end of it all, I'm completely out of pain and my spine is stable. I recommend him highly and feel lucky to have found him.

June 27th, 2016
If he killsyou it's your fault
This Dr and I use this term lightly could killyou and say it's your fault. I was released from his surgery center with a staph infection. I spent over 6 wks fighting with him about it and him claiming a culture is never wrong well it was. It took my incision ripping open to the bone for him to say of crap you have a infection what did you do. After this no Dr would touch me so I kept up with him. I told him since surgery pain has gotten worse in my back. He had put in 2 coflex implants. After who knows how many pain meds he finally did a MRI. He went totally out in left field from what the report said and told me I had blown out a disc. My wife and I didn't feel that was right so we had my MRI reviewed by another Dr. Well turns out the bottom implant was pressing against my spinal cord. This new Dr did surgery to remove the implants when he opened up I was pouring out spinal fluid and I had a cut in my dural of my spinal cord that he said looked like had been done during my first or 2nd surgery with Pettine. All and all this guy is only in this for 1 thing money. I also found out to her harvested bone from my lower back and performed a fusion without telling us but billed the insurance for $80k and insurance refused to pay and he tried to make us pay but finally wrote it off. If he gets his medical license back beware and don't see him