Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
BLESSED DOCTOR & FRIEND show details BLESSED DOCTOR & FRIEND
by KIMBERLY "CUPCAKE" on May 26th, 2015

Dr. Kenneth Pitts is retiring in June and I will miss him so much! I am a white patient and I have gone to Dr. Pitts for many years. The respect he has shown to me during the years has been tremendous. Once when I was uninsured, he did not charge me for my office visit. He told me 'I will take care of you", and he did. When I told my sister I was not charged she could not believe it. She said, 'I can't believe in this day and age a doctor treated you and did not charge you", and I replied, 'Well, he's not most doctors- he is a good Christian man first and he cares about his patients!", and he does. When I would go in for results day after my yearly physicals, I would bring Dr. Pitts and staff cupcakes. That is how I got my nickname from him of "Cupcake", and when I would call the office, I would say, "This is Cupcake", and they all knew who I was. He is NOT prejudiced. GOD BLESS YOU DR. KENNETH PITTS! There will never be another like him- a doctor that held my hand and prayed with me and for me before he would even touch me; a doctor who didn't mind giving his patients his own personal number in case they needed him; a doctor who was a brother and friend. I LOVE YOU DR. PITTS!! Do what you do best and ALWAYS BE BLESSED!...Kimberly "CUPCAKE"

Dec 11th, 2013

Dr. Pitts is not a good doctor to go to. He's one of the only gyno's in Huntsville that takes Medicaid so there are tons of people who go to him. The wait time is rediculous. It's different to go to a doctors office and wait a few minutes or even if something has happened and wait longer. But every single time you go you will wait and hour . He seems very disorganized. I had been bleeding because of my birth control for over 3 weeks...what does he tell me to do? Just give it time and wait till my yearly check up in February! Working in the medical field I know it's not normal to bleed because of a pill and he had no interest in changing it. I waited an hour and a half for him to tell me that..I don't think so. I would not suggest him to anyone.

Health Care show details Health Care
May 30th, 2013

I was reading some of the reviews for Dr. Pitts and I became very angry after reading the one about him being racist and the one about having two children at 20. If you are 20 and do not have the common sense to have your mate protect himself or you protect yourself than you need to be pregnant. Dr. Pitts refused to tie your tubes because you were 20. And to the white couple who lied, please don't go to any African American doctors because Dr. Pitts is as good as they come. So if you think he was showing racism towards you, you had to have been drunk. Dr. Pitts, Keep up the good work and tell your staff not to schedule 5 to 6 people for the same hour.

Good doctor. show details Good doctor.
Mar 19th, 2013

Good doctor. I liked him on my first visit.

Be Prepared to Wait...A Loooong Time! show details Be Prepared to Wait...A Loooong Time!
Oct 24th, 2012

Dr Pitts is a good doctor and the staff is kind & helpful BUT I would not recommend unless you are ok with waiting 1-3 hours EACH visit! The rooms r small too. My 20 week sonogram was scheduled over a month ago-I get to the doctors office @ 1:50 for my 2pm apmtnt to find out Dr Pitts came in late that day so some of his morning patients r still waiting! And get this he's on his way out the door to go deliver a baby! But that's not all-when I finally got called back I was told they don't do sonograms on Tuesday!!! I requested my records & am switching doctors pronto! He needs to hire additional help b/c this happens quite often.

Oct 12th, 2012

Very knowledgeable & caring BUT punctuality is the worst. I saw him for painful problems that he recommended surgery to correct. He gave me a timeframe that he would be able to do the surgery & promised to call soon to get it done. It has been almost 2 months and after several calls & messages left, I have not heard from him. I understand that he is very busy and that sometimes things happen that cannot be avoided. However, to not return a call even to say I can not do it or have his staff rely a message is unacceptable. His staff has my vote because they have been very professional & apologetic as well as continued to pass on my messages. Needless to say, because of the continued pain, I am forced to find a new doctor.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Pitts is such an awesome doctor. He has a great bedside manner and he actually cares about his patients. You feel like family once you talk to him. He's a Christian and always prays before he starts anything with you, whether it be a consultaion or an exam. I've been going to him for over 13 years now and he hasn't misdiagnosed me yet. He's very cautious and believes in preventive actions. He may seem to good to be true, but he really is.

For the person who said he was racist show details For the person who said he was racist
May 11th, 2012

Obviously you don't even know good english. Its SPECIFIC! learn how to spell! All his staff are very kind so if you had problems with them, you probably need to check your attitude. I have never had a problem with there. The only thing people usually complain about is the wait. He has so many patients because he is obviously a good doctor. I've seen a lot of Caucasian patients and they all love him! :P

GREAT CHRISTIAN DOCTOR show details GREAT CHRISTIAN DOCTOR
Feb 15th, 2012

I strongly disagree with a review on Dr. Pitts that white people should avoid Dr. Pitts. I am white, and he is so kind to me, and I really love him. I would not want to go to another women's doctor, as I have a great relationship with Dr. Pitts. He is a good man an has great concern for his patients. I am a satisfied patient!

Staff ruins this Doctor show details Staff ruins this Doctor
Dec 14th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Pitts, as he was reffered to me by my insurance. After the first visit, my husband and I had doubts on his level of general knowledge, saying things like "pacific" instead of "spacific" and speaking vaguely at moments where his knowledge was being tested. We gave him the bennefit of the doubt, and stayed with him, even though the wait time in his office ranged up to two hours. His staff was rude, and made several implications that they were some how offended by the fact that we are both caucasian. When a complication arose with my health, Dr. Pitts would not explain his diagnosis, and proceeded to use vague analogies, comparing me to a nun.. After we realized he was running unneeded testing to charge our insurance, we requested a meeting with him. In response, Dr. Pitts had his secretary call us and inform us that we were wrong, and thai I was no longer his patient. I hate to say it; but caucasions should avoid this man and his office. While the only thing I can say about Dr. Pitts is that he is a poor Doctor, his staff met us with nothing but racisim. I was very suprised that this element existed in a "professional" environment.

Nov 30th, 2011

I trust no other OB/GYN Dr. Pitts is the best!!! you might have to wait a while in the office but he is the best there is so all the waiting will be worth your while. From his praying to actually caring about the safety of you and your unborn he is in the top 2 in Huntsville, Al.

Jul 2nd, 2011

I am 20 yrs old, I have 2 young children. Doctor Pitts would not tie my tubes and I've been pregnant 3 more times. I also ended up very sick because of his misjugdment. The appointment waits are forever and they are very unorganized.

Best Dr, in Huntsville! show details Best Dr, in Huntsville!
Jun 29th, 2011

LOVE Dr. Pitts! He is the most wonderful Doctor I've ever been to. In fact, if he would just decide to be a specialist in everything I'd bring my whole family and see him exclusively.Great, great, great Doctor!!!

BEST DOCTOR EVER! show details BEST DOCTOR EVER!
May 18th, 2010

DR. PITTS IS SO EASY- GOING AND FRIENDLY!! I JUST LOVE TALKING WITH HIM, AND HE MAKES TIME FOR ME. HE IS A GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN, AND I TRUST HIM. NOT MANY DOCTORS ARE AS CARING AS HE IS. I THANK GOD FOR HIM!!