Family Physicians, Internist

9361 Route 422 Hwy W
Shelocta, PA 15774
724-354-5220
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  #coldntmakeitupifirtried  |  show details
by (optional) on Jul 22nd, 2013

Incredibly unprofessional, unkempt, and wont hold eye contact even if he can see you through the dandruff and greasy dead skin coating the inside of his glasses. Incredibly condescending, rude, and supremely arrogant. The single greediest, most incompassionate, and quite possibly manic depressive physician I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Jun 13th, 2013

Dr. Pober is by far one of the most arrogant "professionals" that I have ever met! I visited his office for an appointment of a friend and I have never witnessed such inappropriate behaviors from a medical professional. I know that many choose to deal with his ignorance because they have addictions and he provides for the addiction. However I must say I am glad that I don't need anything from this man because I would not allow him to disrespect me like he does his clients. The secretary has more professionalism than the "Dr.".

|  horrible dishonest doctor  |  show details
by Former patiant on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Pober discriminates his patients. I had been referred by my girlfriend to go, because he is the cheapest doctor around. Her mother was also a former patient, how referred her to go. He does not know that she my girlfriend. He thinks we are friends. At her first payment she for paid $80, total $60 for the meds and $20 for a urine screen. I had to pay $100 without him giving me a urine screen. He yells at you when you try to explain anything to him, He wants just yes or no answers, he will ask these questions when you go in. "are you clean, last sub, how many meetings" that's it. My girlfriend and I have gone at the same time, and I let her see him first while I wait in the next room, I have heard him flirt with her, makes disgusting sexual remarks, and he tries to be cute about it by saying tell me a story cutie. You can hear everything he says from the waiting room that's how thin the walls are. My girlfriend told me to hold in my temper, so he wont kick us out so I did. So he then called my girlfriend awhile later randomly and told her he will never see her ever again an to find a new doctor, then when I went in the next week the lady at the window said he wanted to urine screen me an if I had $20 I said no, he told me to come talk to him in his office and said come back tomorrow with 80 dollars and you'll get your meds I said ok, He then said if I know my friend aka my girlfriend and I just said yes. Then I went to my friends car, how drives me there and she lent me 20$ so I could get my medication, so I wouldn't go sick, I went in to get screened gave my $80 and he gave me a plain urine cup an I went then gave it to him, he told my to wait in the waiting room he then closed the door, 2 mins later her called me in and said so what drugs have you been using I said none, he then told me I had failed for every type of drug there is, I told him hes wrong an im clean, redo the test in front of me he said get out, I said what im clean doc, he replied you wont get your $20 for the test back I said let me see he showed me a test that had had neg everything an I said see im clean, he said I know how to use my tests, now leave I went outside to call my pcp and they said they will give me a blood test, I returned to tell him what they told me to tell him. He still said I don't care leave. so I did, My girlfriend will be filling harassment charges. and I'm calling the board of health to tell them how crooked he is. I got blood work done proving he's wrong too.

|  Good overall Sub Doc  |  show details
by SammyWoo on Jan 16th, 2013

Can't say anything bad about Dr. Pober. He is really out there trying to help those that need it badly.

|  Good Doctor, Bad Office and Appt Times.  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

I have been Going to this doctor for 5 years. Your first impression will be pretty crazy, He looks like a Patient himself, But he is a well educated man. He is there to Help those in need, Particularly former Drug users trying to Kick the habit. With that said, He only takes cash, His office is only available from 9am-11am When his sign says 9-12 with walk-ins available. They wont give you change when you bring cash, and I constantly question if i should put up with his office "Policies". He has helped me much, but his informal office and his unfair policies always lingers in the back of my mind. I Wonder if I just gave up drugs on the street for a Government Drug Dealer. Wait times are very low, He does care about you and your health. This is a mixed review, I like some things about him, and Hate the other things with a passion.

Feb 4th, 2011

Excellence.Keep an open mind, don't let his "style" or appearance dissuade you. Every indication is that he is an extremely caring, supremely educated physician and confidant.

Feb 17th, 2010

Wonderful physician, wonderful person--treats his patients with the utmost respect and compassion

Oct 20th, 2009