Dr. Kenneth Polivy Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Polivy?

PHONY exam

Posted on August 3rd, 2017

After a 5-8 minuet exam the so called dr. went out in hall and was speaking to what i assume was a secretary that he does NOT go to court and give testimony he only normally writes reports , went on and on same subject..someone obviously requested him to back his probably phony report in person .. this dr wrote a report that was 405 truthful and 60% false .. if requested to go to him by insurer..DONT

waited 30 minutes then didn't know what I was there for

Posted on July 31st, 2017

Independent Medical Review

Posted on July 1st, 2017

I saw Dr. Polivy for an independent medical review arranged by my employer. Dr. Polivy read through my file, spoke to me about how my injury happened, the treatment I've received, my symptoms, and then examined me. He then gave me his opinion on what to do next to alleviate my symptoms. I would definitely go back to this Dr. if the need should arise.

Scumbag

Posted on April 20th, 2017

I think the headline says it all. He is probably sitting at home in his mansion wearing a smoking jacket just laughing at all his patients. He must find enjoyment with scamming innocent people out of their hard earned money. Terrible service!

Insurance stooge

Posted on March 19th, 2017

He is making money denying that people hurt themselves at work and forcing them to go back when there still hurt. he is a disgrace.

Avoid this Doctor at all costs

Posted on August 25th, 2016

My husband saw Dr. Polivy 6 years ago for a herniated disk. Dr. Polivy sent him home with a back brace that cost us $500. When I googled the brace, I found I could buy it directly from the manufacturer for a little over $100. When I spoke to the office and told them I wouldn't pay for it, they eventually refunded the money. The worst part of the experience was the care my husband received. As his condition worsened, Dr. Polivy did not deviate from his approach of treatment with steroid injections. After 2 rounds of injections and weeks of suffering my, husband fainted from the pain and I insisted on getting involved. I sent his MRI to a friend of mine who is a neurosurgeon at the Cleveland Clinic who got my husband a same day appointment with a neurosurgeon colleague at Tufts. My husband ended up in emergency surgery 3 days later with the new doctor and the results were outstanding. One question our Tufts doctor asked when we saw him initially was whether or not Dr. Polivy had even seen the MRI. If he had, he would have known there was no way the disc could have resolved on its own. Thankfully there has been no long term nerve damage but STAY AWAY from this doctor. He doesn't have time in his schedule to treat his patients effectively and has an ego he can't see beyond. We never received any follow up calls from Dr. Polivy's office and did not care to ever consult him again for anything. The reason I am writing this 6 years later is because my primary care's office just referred me to Dr. Polivy's office for my own condition. I cannot believe his own accolades on his website. Then again I guess I can. Terrible experience.

Posted on February 12th, 2015

insurance doctor . works for insurance companies to denies claims. consult attorney and bring documenting witness.

Zero bedside manner.

Posted on January 21st, 2013

Dr Polivy is the worst Doctor I have ever seen. In 4 visits, 2 of which were cortisone shots, he has spoken a total of 25 words. No discussion of my condition, no discussion of treatment options. I got my diagnosis via a recording when getting my MRI results. Awful bedside manner. He should think of another line of work.

What a GREAT Doctor

Posted on November 11th, 2010

I have no idea how anyone could not give Dr. Polivy a glowing review. I went to another Dr. first because Newton-Wellesley is a drive for me, and that other Dr. was horrible...had zero bedside manner and always made me feel like I was putting him out and wasting his time. (I have 5 broken bones in my back(!) 3 of which are on my spine itself, so I'm certainly not 'faking' anything! Dr. Polivy, not only always makes me feel like he has plenty of time for me, but he proves it by answering all questions and going over everything thoroughly. I can't say enough great things about my experience with him.

Posted on September 29th, 2010

A complete farce of an exam. 35 minute wait for a 7 minute exam by an "independant medical examiner." He's obviously a tool for the worker's comp insures. This clown never gave me a proper exam. 5 minutes of questions followed by a 2 minute exam on 3 different body parts. He didn't care a bit and probably thinks we're all fakers. How much is he charging for a 7 minute visit? My guess is 3 - 4 hundred dollars.

Posted on August 12th, 2017