Family Physicians

3431 Broadway St
Ste A8
American Canyon, CA 94503
707-745-2705
Locations and availability (7)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
May 27th, 2010

Always long waits. Staff is unprofessional. Good doctor but dosen't spend enough time with the patient

by nanamob2 on Mar 30th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Great Doctor very efficient.: Dr Kenneth Brooks is the best doctor I have ever had. Yes he has great people skills, friendly listens to his patients very attentive, and great with children. He has a convenient location for my family.

by Benita on Jan 20th, 2009 on yahoo.com

See comment by "A patient who's losing his patience. - 06/20/08". All I have to say is DITTO. I'm seriously wondering if I'm going to the same Dr. Brooks' office as the other folks who've made all these glowing comments. His office is, and has been for a very long time, extremely poorly run. And he's in charge. It is the most poorly administrated office I have ever seen. There have been many times that we would call them for days and just get the recording--sometimes saying that the office was closed -- in the middle of a normal workday. We finally realized calling them was hopeless, so, just as the other writer stated, we starting going in person to the office to make appointments. One day I went in there when Dr. Brooks was on his honeymoon and there were NO DOCTORS there. The office was open and there were no doctors. They said Dr. Brooks was on his honeymoon and whoever else was supposed to be there was sick. I would think they could find a way to get some doctor to come in. I don't understand why, with so many people complaining, Dr. Brooks would not do something. With a few exceptions (the assistants to the doctors and the doctors themselves) all the good staff members and some really good nurses left after being employed by Dr. Brooks and getting fed up. My experience with Dr. Brooks is that he is the quintessential HMO physician and he does not spend a whole lot of time with the patient. He does not go the extra mile that other doctors in the practice do. But he does spend a LOT of time joking around with the staff about football and favorite meals etc. One time I was waiting for hours in the examing room, and could hear him joking around in the hall. I finally got up and said I was about to leave if I didn't get treated. It can be extremely difficult to get prescriptions filled, messages delivered to the doctors. At one point, patients were having problems getting refills processed, the pharmacy also said they couldn't get the office to respond. One lady came blasting in the doors one day saying "Where's Dr.. Brooks!! Where's Dr. Brooks! I want my refill NOW." I had a serious problem and asked one of the office staff repeatedly to have my doctor call me. Never heard from him. I waited over a year for a referral to a specialist, asked many times about it, and it never got done. This referral was assigned to one of the administrative staff. I like my doctor there and that is the only thing that keeps me going there. Solano Fam Physicians went downhill after Dr. Delgado left. One of the staff told me Dr. Brooks is just more laid back than Dr. Delgado. What a pity.

Aug 5th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have been with Dr. Brooks since he started practice in the Vallejo/Benicia area and can tell you from experience that he the BEST doctor in the bay area. He actually spends time with you, he not one of those in and out in 5 min doctors. I highly recomme

Jun 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

very nice service and care here. i was seen quickly and felt very comfortable at this ofice

Sep 28th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Brooks was a new physician for me and quite frankly surprised me by the amount of time he spent with me and that he seemed genuinely interested in my health situation.