Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Apr 8th, 2016

With x-Rays and MRI in his hand, Dr Brooks misdiagnosed me with a torn meniscus when it was actually a knee sprain, found this later from another doctor. Performed surgery to fix the "torn meniscus" and actually cleaned out the cartilage in my knee causing my bones to rub together and cause pain, which I never had before. I returned to him and he said I had osteoarthritis, which is extremely rare to get in only 1 joint, especially in a 39 year old. No prior issues with my knee whatsoever. It's been two-and-half years, I've had two additional surgeries to fix his mistake, and in still in physical therapy. I'm lucky I'm healthy and have good insurance. I feel terrible for his elderly patients or those who have no means to pay. I call him Dr Crooks now, as in thief. He was very well compensated for an unnecessary surgery which resulted in a lot of physical and financial suffering on me. I would not recommend him to my enemies, seriously.

by Julia Collins on Feb 9th, 2016

Did total knee replacement of my right knee. I think he is the best knee surgeon ever. I have recommended him many times.

A great experience! show details A great experience!
by Alice H. on Oct 28th, 2015

I have been very happy with Dr Brooks! I had broken my femur, and everything went great with the surgery and my hospital stay. His staff have been very nice and helpful! He worked on my knee cap this year, he is good about answering questions and being patient with me!

DR. BROOKS SOUTHSHORE OFFICE show details DR. BROOKS SOUTHSHORE OFFICE
by SANDRA GARRETT on Sep 4th, 2015

very comfortable feeling in his office and the staff is AWESOME!

by Jamie on Aug 21st, 2015

Exceptional Doctor that honestly really cares about his patients.

by Kitty Nealley on Jun 12th, 2015

Doctor Brooks is a great Doctor and a great human being who cares about all of his patients, and really takes time to listen to you so he can treat the problems you are having. He has a big heart and has feeling when his patients are suffering and fixes the problem. I am 62 years old and have had a lot of Doctor in my life, but I can honestly say is by far the best.

Jan 12th, 2015

One of the best doctors out there.

Patient show details Patient
Sep 24th, 2014

Misdiagnosed a knee sprain with a torn meniscus, even after receiving MRI results. During surgery, he decided to "fix my cartilage" and scraped it down to my bone, even though there was no prior mention of defective cartilage. I think he did that to justify that the meniscus was intact. Another doctor did a micro fracture procedure in hopes of getting some cartilage tissue back in my knee so that I can return to a normal life. During a cortisone shot procedure after the surgery with Dr Brooks, he had a conversation with his assisting nurse about who the people in the next room who had complained about something, and how they needed to work harder to get back to patients in a timely manner, and so forth, all while taking the aggression on my knee. He had performed that procedure before so I knew it would be painful but tolerable. This time he made me cry- he used so much force and roughness I could not keep it in. Dr Brooks lacks skills in this profession. It's too bad because I did appreciate his bedside manner. But to operate on a sprain and then overdue the cartilage scraping?! No way, run away fast!

See another doctor show details See another doctor
by Concerned Patient on Jul 21st, 2014

I was referred to Dr Brooks by my PCP, got an MRI and had to wait 17 days to discuss the results with him. During this 17 day period, I experienced a pop in my shoulder followed by severe pain and swelling all the way down my arm and hand. I called his office to find out what to do and was told by a very unconcerned and uncaring office staff person that his next available appointment was 9 days away. She would not address my new symptoms or the possibility that something else had gone horribly wrong since my symptoms had obviously worsened a great deal. He may be a good doctor, but his staff is uncaring and he is unreachable in a possible emergency. These are hardly traits I want in a doctor.

by Sandy Garrett on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Brooks is very easy to talk to and he doesn't come across as condescending. He is a very skilled surgeon and addresses your needs and issues in a professional and very friendly manner. His staff is very friendly and helpful. Very easy to get an appointment with him and he doesn't rush you through the appointment to get to the next patient. Highly recommended!

Best I have seen at UTMB show details Best I have seen at UTMB
Oct 4th, 2012

This was a very good experience, as Dr. Brooks took a lot of time with me to explain my options and risk involved with my up coming surgery. Great professionalism, heck of a nice person. The staff was also first rate.

Thankful patient show details Thankful patient
by Nikiya Bell on Apr 16th, 2010

Very kind, attentive to your needs and problems excllent doctor who really knows what he is doing and is very passionate about his occupation.