Dr. Kenneth Rich MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Raleigh, NC

March 30th, 2015
Was just concerned about how my questions were answered by his assistant post surgery. I have lots of confidence in his abilities as a surgeon.

November 29th, 2013
Carpal Tunnel Surgery on a med tech
Dr. Rich performed surgery on my right hand 20 years ago. I had consulted another doctor who was a specialist in this same area but,for some reason I did not feel comfortable.I was referred to Dr. Kenneth Rich by a professional friend in whom I trusted. I was fearful at first but Dr. Rich calmed my fears by explaining in detail to me what the problem was,did MRI's to eliminate any other potential cause of my issue,just made me know that he would take care of me.Today,approximately 20-23 years later,I thank God for this doctor,for I am sure that his God-granted expertise is the reason I have adequate use of my hand.

October 16th, 2013
Kim review
I liked the doctors approach my first appointment he and his staff welcomed me. I had an MRI/disk but didn't know what was on it. The doctor explain the results of the MRI and recommended the treatment for me. He also explained that as a person ages the disk in your back began to wear down. I was unaware of this, I exercise all the time and ended up with a bulged disk. The results was surgery. I'm so blessed and pleased that Dr.Rich was my surgeon. I'm well today because of the surgery. I would choose him again if needed.

January 24th, 2013
GREAT VISIT-I WAS A PT NOT A NUMBER

August 23rd, 2012
Mrs. Deborah Hargett
He is an excellant physician, Professional yet personable. When I went in for my first postop. appointment he told me what I was feeling and why before I could say anything and he was spot on. Most neurodurgeons are arrogant and obnoxious but Dr. Rich in no way fits that mold. He listens and explains everything every step of the way. I felt safe with him and would recommend him to anyone if they are having back problems.

July 17th, 2012
Mrs. Deborah Hargett
As a nurse I have had the opportunity to work with a number of neurosurgeons and they were all nasty human beings. Dr. Rich is the exception. I had a minimally invasive laminectomy. from the first time I went to him, all the way through the surgical experience and postop he has been wonderful.19 days after surgery when I returned to his office he told me what I was feeling and why even before I opened my mouth and he was spot on. He is very personable and professional. He never made me feel rushed and spent as much time talking to me as I needed. He has never exhibited the "GOD" complex doctors sometimes have. My pain and limited mobility are much improved since my surgery and I know every step of the way what to expect. He has made me feel like my needs and concerns were real and worthy of being addressed. His surgical skills are top notch. So far there have been no surprises or complications.

April 1st, 2011
Great Doc!
I was in a car crash and broke my neck at c1 and c2.I was in a coma for four months!Dr Rich fused my broken vertebrae an installed a shunt in my brain.He saved my life!

February 18th, 2011
Dr. Rich has the worst followup I have ever seen, even immediately following surgery. I would NEVER recommend him to any one.

October 19th, 2010
Thoracic Fusion
Dr Rich gave me my life back. After being told by 2 surgeons no luck, Dr Rich teamed with Dr Nelson and performed a T-11 T-12 Thoracic fusion by endoscopic and SOLAS access to my spine. He never even cut a back muscle. I suffered from debilating pain and back spasms before being referred to him by a Radiologist. Thank you Dr Rich.!!

September 22nd, 2010
BAD/HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE...BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR
Before surgery, I had questions. He was extremely condescending. If surgery prep had not been done, we would have walked out. Dr. Rich HUNG UP on my father when he called to ask questions and would only speak to me. I was in severe pain so my father had to call the answering service to get him to call MY cell. I continue to have pain and numbness. Dr. Rich said, "if this is all the problems you are having, then I consider this a successful surgery". He doesn't care about his patients. DONT GO TO HIM!

November 29th, 2009
3rd Surgery
Dr. Rich has operated on me 3 times. Once for a C5 rupture and twice for L5/S1 ruptures. He and his staff exceeded my expectations each time. I highly recommend Dr. Rich.

August 12th, 2008
Medical Excellence
My daughter-in-law went to this doctor. I've had a ton of experience with medical folks so you have to go some to impress me. Dr Rich absolutely knocked my socks off. Knowledgeable, caring and very intelligent but really talks with you.