Dr. Kenneth Richter DO Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Pontiac, MI

June 18th, 2016
R.S.D./C.R.P.S.
Dr. Richter is caring, compassionate, explains diagnoses, he has helped me to LIVE. I was diagnosed with RSD/CRPS & Completely devastated, the pain is excruciating. I THANK him for adjusting my medications to the point air can walk - I can FUNCTION & LIVE MY LIFE. Often times he does have students he is educating, especially with the less common diagnoses, as it is important to him to educate the students it also is TO ME AS WELL, I want more people to study my diagnoses, in hopes that one day someone studying RSD/CRPS WILL FIND A CURE! I truly appreciate Dr. Richter, he's been my Dr. For 16 years! He has seen me at my worst and thank God he HELPED ME! He helped me to be well again. He remembers everything going on in my life, my parents, children, grandchildren, my job, HE IS ALWAYS INCREDIBLY CARING AND THOUGHTFUL. I think you will not find a more caring Dr. Then Dr. Richter, he's truly the best.

February 10th, 2016
The best and I've been to a LOT, across a half dozen states.
Dr. Richter pulls no punches... He tells it like it is, but does so (somehow) while remaining compassionate.. He makes you understand that he does care, enough so that he'll make hard or unpopular decisions on your treatment, but for all the right reasons. He is not "fearful" of the DEA like so many Dr's;refusing to prescribe the required level or amount of medicine, but he is no "pill-mill," either. In my case, I was convinced that one medicine was all that kept me able to work and live... He disagreed, noting serious long term health concerns, and the fact that the meds only made me THINK I was doing good, but did not actually help me... that i was existing, not LIVING. The changes scared the HeII out of me, but within a year (I had been taking that medicine for ~14 yrs) I was in the gym on an aggressive weight-training program like in my youth ... and within two years I was in better shape than pre-injury. I'm now capable of doing things that I thought were off my life-menu, forever! Now, I'm able to travel and exercise, able to live, love and just plain DO so much more than I had ever thought possible! He still prescribed the meds I needed to be able to do these things,and is always sensitive to what amour and level may be needed, and now, medicine is no longer one of my stressors! I take fewer meds, and at a lower dosage, but realize a greater impact. I'm a huge fan! Dr Richter is the best of a log line of Dr's I've seen from NY, to Me, Ky to Ca, to Mi as Ivebeen moved by my company. I wot move again, he's that good!

January 27th, 2016
patient
This is a clinic treating people with pain and they let patients sit for 2 hours or longer waiting to be seen. When finally seen he has at least one student with him and spends most of the time using the patient to teach some basic techniques to the student doctor. It is very frustrating and time to find a better solution to my needs.

October 15th, 2015
Without Dr Richter I have no idea what my boby would feel like. He truly understands pain and does not push pain medications at me.

April 25th, 2015
I had come to Dr Richter with multiple pain situations.as I sat in the room wearing only a bra and underwear and a paper apron I sat for two hours.Second visit over two hours.third visit again over two hours.The girls at the desk have their hands full with this kind of behavior and trying to keep ask patients come..I would like to file a complaint.he walks out on you in the middle of your examination to take a phone call over and over again.I hate going to see him.not sure if I will ever return.

January 31st, 2012
Great Doctor Bad Staff
The Doctor is great and understanding. He will spend a lot of time with you and really seems to care and get personal. However, the staff at the office are the worst staff I have ever had to deal with. If he was not such a great Doctor I would not put up with the staff. They are rude, inconsiderate, un-compassionate, not understanding, and always act like you are interrupting them.

November 16th, 2011
He saved my life by putting quality back into my life! Thank God there are compassionate and caring doctors left. His approach is holistic, includes family in planned actions for living with some pretty devastating illnesses. His staff is nivr, just super busy.

October 26th, 2009
Great Dr.
Dr. Richter has been very helpful treating my pain condition (RSD or CRPS). It is difficult to find doctors who know how to treat this disorder. He is very knowledgeable and has helped when many pther doctors have not known what to do. He is also compassionate and has good bedside manner. It is sometimes a very long wait to get in to see him, but it's worth it. His office staff are not as helpful, especially on the phone.