Dr. Kenneth Tomchik Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Tomchik?

January 12th, 2017

Poor diagnosis!

Ok, I must admit that that I haven't seen this Dr in years. However, I feel the need to express the experience I want through. It still upsets me. I went to se Dr Tomchik, because I developed a urinary track infection. I never had one before and this was my first UTI. I was around 35 years old. Dr Tomchik gave me an antibiotic for 5 days. My UTI went away. About three weeks later, I developed another UTI. They gave me another a prescription for a 5 day antibiotic again. This time however, Dr Tomchik and the older receptionist woman said, maybe I wasn't cleaning myself well. That maybe I was wiping the wrong way. All speculation since he NEVER examined me below the waist. I was and still am a person who is very versed in cleanliness. They made me feel ashamed. My UTI cleared up, because of the antibiotics. Three weeks to a month later, I had another UTI! Again with Dr Tomchik and his secretary, I was made to feel ashamed. In my results, I always had some blood in my urine. Dr Tomchik told me that was normal. When I got back home, I called my sister. She said, she had the exact thing happen to her when she had a UTI and saw Dr Tomchik. She told me to go see Dr Bormez, a Urologist at Lake Forest Hospital. I did! When he examined me, he used a scope to look at my bladder. Dr Bormez said, how do you feel? I said ok, but tired. He said I had another UTI. He also told me that the doctor who treated me, (Dr Tomchik) didn't put me on the antibiotic long enough for me to heal the first time. The first infection never cleared up but just kept reoccuring. Plus, the Urologist said, it is not normal for blood to be in urine! The Urologist put me on a stoner antibiotic for one month. I've never had a UTI again. Dr Tomchik should of sent me to a specialist. He should not have made me feel bad, since it was because he didn't treat my UTI correctly in the first place! My father's sees Dr Tomchik at this time. He screwed up his diagnosis of pneumonia too! He said he didn't have it. Well, he ended up in the hospital last month!

January 29th, 2016

Highly dissappointed

very disappointing - admitted not knowing about my condition, did not understand my condition and not caring about the medical history or the success of prior treatment plan. Accused me of being antagonistic because I was advocating for my own health care. Told me he could not "fix" me and to take more narcotics. Walked out of exam room and slammed the door. After trying to talk with him (through my tears of pain and humiliation), again, he simply turned around and walked away. Referred me back to another surgeon after having been told by many other surgeons that surgery is NOT an option. Yes, employer and insurance company have all been informed, as well,

August 15th, 2015

good doctor.

May 15th, 2013

Great doctor with small neighborhood office

Dr. Tomchik has a small neighborhood practice (he is the only doctor and has a very small staff). He takes his time with each patient and goes out of his way to help even outside of normal business hours. His bedside manner is gentle and pleasant but he is honest about what changes you need to make besides medical treatments to remedy your condition (like quitting smoking). He runs late with appointments since he will spend time answering patient questions without rushing. Quality of care here is top notch. Dr. Tomchik is a smart, friendly guy and a doctor I trust.

August 17th, 2012

VERY RUDE!

My grandmother has been a patient of his. She was in the hospital and he did not have time for her. He said "hurry up, I have to go" when questions were being asked of him in regards to heart failure. He spent no more than 4 minutes in the room with her. He could have help prevent this problem, before it was major, and he doesnt care. Money is most likely is motive for the business that he is in. Absolute worst doctor i have ever met. We have since found a new doctor, and more satisfied than ever!

June 8th, 2012

Very Disappointed

It seems that whenever I visit this doctor, his answer is usually "that's interesting". offering absolutely no diagnosis to what I am visiting him for. I have had to seek a second opinion the last couple times I have visited. I have decided to use a different doctor as my primary. This doctor's answer to what ever ails you is usually that there is nothing wrong with you or that he doesn't know what is wrong with you. He has no problem taking your $75 though.

October 27th, 2011

Worth the non-clinic lines!!

Efficient old fashioned (personable) doctors office that can get you in and out within a reasonable time. Thoughtful and excellent diagnosis and follow-up. Recommend this Dr!

June 28th, 2017