Dr. Kenneth Tomczyk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Tomczyk?

July 23rd, 2016

Doctor, Do No Harm! Condescending Macho Man Who Doesn't Listen and Is Rough During Treatment

I briefly met this doctor during a new patient visit with another doctor in the clinic. My doctor and I had been discussing my reasons for opting out of certain screening tests for personal reasons, and my doctor respected my wishes. Dr Tomczyk came in to introduce himself and briefly he was very outgoing and likeable -- until he immediately began grilling me about wanting explanations about my refusal for having the screenings. I repeatedly told him that this was off-topic and he continuously pursued the discussion until I told him the discussion was over. He left in something of a huff. I was extremely upset by this for days after, enough so that I messaged him through the Geisinger portal. This very lengthy message went unanswered with not so much as an apology on his part. I once again locked horns with this guy when I went in for joint injections. He did the first one, and he wiped my knee with the alcohol wipes with so much force that it hurt. My doctor was gentle at all times. He also forced my leg into position: bent at a 90-degree angle at the front of the table that my knee hurt. He did the same with the other knee to put it into position. This procedure can also be done with the leg extended out, which is what my doctor was expecting. He was very terse throughout and left with nothing more than a half-assed wave of a hand. If I knew I would have gotten him, I would have cancelled the appointment until I knew my doctor would have been assisted by someone else. I was in so much pain, and his handling of my knees was not only painful, but unprofessional. I got the injections done because I don't see my rheumatologist until the middle of August. This doctor only appears to like you if you behave yourself like a child and do not question anything he says. He attempts to scare you into agreeing to procedures and does not listen to what you have to say. He is nothing more than a bully, and I will never knowingly see him in the clinic. Stay away if possible if you happen to have anything resembling medical knowledge or have the wish to control your own health care without rough handling or a condescending physician. My doctor's bedside manner is impeccable!!!! I wish I could mention them here. Her manner is 5-stars! I give him 1-star. Doctor, do no harm!

June 8th, 2016

Judged the Book by the Cover

I was transferred to Dr. Tomczyk after my original primary care doctor Dr. Mark left the geisinger practice. I've never seen the man in my life nor he me, and what a disaster. Since we had no prior relationship and he obviously saw what he was needing to treating me for, I can only assume that formed a judgmental and most incorrect impression of me, our relationship was rocky at best and most unproductive. I feel that his people skills are very lacking and that he has no empathy. Medically he seemed to have washed his hands of me after repeated follow-ups. I broke away from his care after a sever accident and am now working with doctors like Dr. Mark again whom are helping with me to achieve my goal of maximum health and longevity. To be fair, if I had had a prior relationship with him before he took over for Dr. Mark, things may have been different, however he judged the book by the cover and I can only assume that's why what happened, happened.

April 2nd, 2016

Felt like a number

I went to Dr. Tomczyk for over a year and would not recommend him. If you are in for a physical with no issues or something easily diagnosed, there were no issues. However, if you get lab/test results back , it is not uncommon to get a call from a nurse with no explanation at all as to why you need further testing. A year ago, I had an abnormal Brain MRI which indicated potential MS or Lyme disease. It took them 1 week from the time the test was viewable on Mygeisinger to call me and tell me to get in for Lyme testing and to schedule with a neurologist. When I asked to schedule a follow up with Dr. Tomczyk to discuss, they stated it would take 2 weeks to get in. Recently, I had an abnormal mammogram and not only did I not get a phone call from him or his staff as to next steps or what the results could mean, but it took 2 days of prompting via email and phone calls in order to get a script for follow up testing. However, I also asked for an explanation as to what they are testing for in further studies. My husband finally called and said, she is looking for an explanation from the doctor (i.e, what are they testing for, would could it be, how common it is to have abnormal mammograms). Instead of a phone call, I got a message sent in my Geisinger that restated the test results verbatim (which I already saw days earlier) and a simple statement " this is why you need these tests" added it the end. Not only did I find this insensitive but I also found it rude and an insult to my intelligence.

April 8th, 2014

Terrible

November 8th, 2012

Terrible

Patient of Dr. Kenneth Tomczyk for one year and between he and the staff of Geisinger Medical Center mountain top, I have felt like little more than a number on a computer screen. I have waited for answers about medication for days for reasons given to me by a nurse on the phone such as "im sorry but the dr. will check his messages when he can. I cant take his hand and write your prescription" I am on a medication that has to be taken regularly at the same time daily, and Dr. Tomczyk has knowingly had me wait over 24 hours before "checking his messages" After meeting him and realizing the kind of person and personality he has as a full of himself, know it all and you dont Dr. I wouldnt recommend him to my worst enemy after the anxiety ive dealt with with having him and geisinger medical as a part of my medical treatment.

February 24th, 2011

patient

June 25th, 2010

What a personable and knowledgeable man! I actually enjoyed a visit to the doctors and that's a first for me!

October 3rd, 2017