Dr. Kenneth Vercelli MD Patient Reviews

3.3

October 25th, 2016
Dr Vercelli
Dr Vercelli demonstrates a genuine concern for his patient's well being. His ability to recall details of the last visit even before reviewing the history is impressive. I highly recommend Dr. Vercelli.

May 5th, 2015
Good Doctor Bad staff
I've had very good experiences with Dr. Vercelli. They got much better once I realized two things. One is that he is shy so his bedside manner isn't a genial Marcus Welby type. The more you see him the more he loosens up. Two is that he is a worry wart. He is one of those Dr. who rule out the awful along with the not so awful. Given everything I think that's great. He doesn't let my denial get in the way of treatment. His nurse is very nice as well. My huge complaint is the office staff. THEY NEVER CALL BACK! Every time I have to deal with questions, occasionally medicine refills, or requests in general they leave you hanging for an unconscionably long time and lets not even bring up test results! I'm about ready to switch just because of the horrible service generated by the office.

January 2nd, 2015
Dr. Vercelli
Dr. Vercelli was assigned to take care of my husband during his stay at a nursing home. I was pleased with his service. Went out of his way to help my husband.

December 29th, 2014
Parents were his patients over 20 years
Although my parents were his patients for over 20 years, he always seemed not to know them very well. He is very impersonal, with not much of a beside manner. You really have to work to get a hold of him for an appointment, then he's okay, but you have to make a good effort to get what you need.

April 1st, 2014
He was my pcp for 4 years. He never fixed my issue always brushed it off. One time I saw him at Edwards and he didn't even know who I was. It appears he is in the business to make money not fix people. When he told me to go to a specialist because he couldn't help me, I never went back to him again.

March 7th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Vercelli has been my GP for about three years, and I have not had a better experience with any other doctor. He is knowledgable, genial and thorough, providing accurate diagnoses and recommending actions that have greatly increased the quality of my life and overall health. Being a part of DuPage Medical Group also means that he has a wide range of excellent specialists to refer people to that have all been top notch as well. I used to dread going to the doctor, but thanks to Dr. Vercelli I now know that I will have a good experience with a caring team of staff and physicians who are dedicated to alleviating whatever it is that ails me. The only reason that the wait time was so long is that I show up very early for most of my appointments.

September 17th, 2012
This guy is a doctor?
I had an appointment with Verceli and was in awe how bad it was. While taking the history he didn't even look me in the eyes. I asked him if he could take a look at something and he said (without even doing a physical examination or looking at it) "Its fine". After asking him politely again he rolled his eyes, came back and did an exam that lasted less than 10 seconds and said "Its fine". This guy clearly hates his job. Don't make an appt with him if you want quality care

June 13th, 2012
Uneasy
I came for a back issue, my original Dr. Rhodes was overbooked. In the beginning, the doctor seemed like he was listening.Then felt uneasy about how close he would get when asking me question. The checkup was done and still was way to close for my liking. I did not feel comfortable with him.

November 16th, 2011
Avoid if you can
. Always rushing to leave the room. believe it or not, he gives appointments every 10 minutes. I made appointments with him because my wonderful Dr. King is usually busy and take weeks to see him. I prefer the convenient care to going back to him.

May 23rd, 2011
Dr Vercelli has been my primary physician for over twenty years. Obviously I am very comfortable with him. He is very competent as an internist who has seen me through some difficult times. He will recommend a specialist if he feels the issue is beyond his expertise. Because he is a popular doctor in the group, you may have to wait to get an appointment to see him. However, there are other doctors in his group that are equally capable.

February 9th, 2011
Looking for new doctor
While I've found him competent and capable, it's simply a matter of being available. Having to use hard earned vacation time, to get a simple check up appointment with a doctor, is just not right.My health should not revolve around a golf game.

November 21st, 2010
He does not listen to patients which has resulted for me in a dangerous situation twice now. I don't know if he doesn't value any patient's imput, or if it is strictly from female patients. run into a few male doctors who do not listen to females. Maybe the little woman should just stay home and cook and clean.