Dr. Kenneth Wiesner MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Sacramento, CA

June 27th, 2016
Best Doctor I have ever had
I am happy to say that Dr. Weisner has been my rheumatologist since 1999 and I am a healthier, happier, and more active man because of him. I cannot say enough good things about this amazing man, and I owe my success in continuing as an active person with arthritis entirely to his wonderful care. Tireless, caring, wise, smart, hard working, and many other superlatives apply to this man, the best Doctor I have ever had.

April 3rd, 2016
When you have an appointment time you should not have to sit 3 hours to get into your appointment time. Ever appointment I have had with this Doctor he has kept me waiting 3 hours or longer. I do not have that kind of time. He is a good doctor but not worth a 3 hour or longer wait. I travel 2 hours to get to my appointment , I am always on time. There are to many other good doctors that do not keep you waiting . Dr. Weisner cannot stay on schedule.

March 4th, 2016
His office is not run perfectly, but he is worth it!!
I love Doctor Wiesner, he is amazing and I am so grateful to have him. However, I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I can never seem to reach his office over the phone. Just last month I had to call over 20 times in one day to final get through to someone. His office is far from perfect, but he is definitely worth it. He will fight to get you the treatment you need. Yes, he has a lot of patients, but that's because there does not seem to be a lot of rheumatologists who are willing to do what he does for his patients. I was 20 years-old when I first started seeing him and my disease was spiraling out of control. However, because my blood test weren't coming back abnormal anymore, no one seemed to take what was happening very seriously regardless of the fact that I could walk up a flight of stairs or that I had huge ulcers breaking out all over my hands and face or that my resting heart rate was in the 160's (just to name a few of the many things that were happening to my body at the time). But then I saw Doctor Wiesner who told me that with autoimmune disease you can't just go off of blood tests alone. He got me to the right doctors at UCSF and got me on the right treatment plan. Three years later, and I'm about to graduate from CSUS and I have my body and my life back and it is all thanks to him and his wonderful wife, Barbara. There are truly worth it!

October 14th, 2015
Dr. Wiesner spends time talking to you. He cares for his patients.

August 11th, 2015
I used to see him,but haven't in about 7 years. He's an "AwsOmE" Dr. Wood love to make an appt.w him,if possible!!

February 6th, 2014
Time to retire
Arrogant. Selfish, Rude .Negative. Disrespectful. Judgmental. Has temper issues. Speech is mumbling. Poor eye contact. Gets a lot of hype about being the best around, if he is the best than God help us because either his specialty is greatly suffering or their is no hope for patients needing his care just like he tells them there is no hope. I am wondering if maybe he is too old to practice anymore.

June 4th, 2013
Thorough and Compassionate!
Doc is amazing. Very thorough, compassionate and insightful. He will take as much time with you as you need, and will answer any questions. Only drawback is that he consistently runs quite late!! For a Doc this good, I just plan on it, as I think he is worth it. Bring a book, and some patience, but once you get in to see him and how good he is, you will not mind a wait!

May 28th, 2013
Analyst
Dr. Weisner has been taking care of me for 18 years now, and I consider him a friend. His bedside manner and patience is second to none. He spends time with you, clearly explains everything to you. I would not see another rheumatologist unless I had to.

March 22nd, 2013
Actions of a Medical Professional
I was and had been a patient of Dr. Kenneth B. Wiesner for over 22 years. I was being seen by him on a regular basis every 2 to 3 months for the treatment of Lupus, Degenerative Spine Disease along with Osteoarthritis. After spending over 22 years with this doctor as my provider he started canceling my appointments sometimes within 1 hour to ½ hour of my scheduled appointment. I once showed up at his office for my appointment and was told, “Doctor had to cancel my appointment and he could not see me”. There were several sequential appointments that had been canceled by Dr. Wiener’s office. I started to become concerned for when I asked to be rescheduled I was told by his staff there are no open dates. I was then asked by his staff, “Do I not have a regular Internal Medicine doctor who could see me”? My response to his staff, “Yes, I do”. I was told by his staff, “Well, maybe I should make an appointment to see my Internal Medicine doctor”. I told the staff, “That it was the concern of my “Internal Medicine” doctor and me why my appointments are being cancelled by Wiesner and his office? I was told by his staff, “They would relate this to Dr. Wiesner”. Well, the actions that took place next by Dr. Weiner were just down right unprofessional, disrespectful and truly terrible. My last three appointments of the calendar year were cancelled by Dr. Wiesner. When I called the office and questioned Dr. Wiesner’s staff about this action I was informed, “You are no longer a patient of Dr. Wiesner’s he has dismissed you”. I have NEVER had an argument, NEVER even a confrontation with this doctor. Dr. Wiesner had been and was my doctor for over 22 years. I did receive a strange letter stating, “My Internal Medicine” doctor should be capable of handling my needs. This is from a Rheumatologist who saw me as a patient for over 22 years. I now know him “The Great Dr. Wiesner”, to be VERY VINDICATIVE. I have since found out, that several other patients I have meet at other doctor offices have had the same actions taken and done to them by the “Great Dr. Wiesner”. Any Doctor or patient who crosses his path is “Black Listed”. Oh yes, this practice of the “Old Boy’s Club”, still exists. This makes me want to vomit! I have never once had an argument, fight or disagreement with him…Never. His standards stand for NOTHING. To get back at other doctors, he tosses out any of their patients from his list. The patients, like me are tossed out into the street, like one does garbage. Another note, his staff has always been terrible. He keeps his nurse as a full time employee. The rest of the employees are all part time college students, who have no background in the medical field. The reasoning behind this is so he can cut cost. He does not have to pay those employee full benefits and or medical coverage. And if one expect for –ALL- of your records to be transferred to your new doctor well, think again. Your new doctor will be lucky if they receive a few pages of paperwork. His office will not send 20 some years of your medical documentation, which has been obtained over that period of time. In the medical community, it is like you have never been seen. Let alone yet by someone for over 20 years of your life…That you the patient have dedicated to this so called medical professional.

March 20th, 2013
One of the very best doctors in the Rheumatology field!
This is a great doctor with a strong Boston Accent. Don't worry, he'll be happy to repeat if you didn't get something, but myself, being from Vermont, I can understand him with no problem at all. If you have an arthritic condition, THIS IS YOUR MAN! You can expect with wait 2 hours in the waiting room if you are not scheduled early in the day, but this doctor works from 7am until 8pm 5 days a week! He doesn't do it for the money, he does it because he has a huge heart for people! He's worth the wait in the waiting room, but his reputation is notorious and he has lots and lots of patients because he is the very best in his field! Just get your appointment as early in the day as you can, and you wont be disappointed !

October 17th, 2012
Horrible Office Staff
The staff here is horrible! They have the most uncaring attitude, you are just a number not a patient. They should feel horrible! Patients come here to be seen not abused by staff. If you want to care don't go here. Run the other way.

August 15th, 2012
Waiting and Waiting...2 1/2 hours later...
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Wiesner, for 12 plus years. I can say, the he was once, the best Rheumatologist in the Sacramento Area.Within the last year, we have all seen a change in him and his behavior. Something is most definitely off. My family and I are concerned. Is it time for us to find a NEW Rheumatologist? This is doctor who is seeing his first pt. at 6:00 AM and is usually there to 8:00 P.M. at night. We have also had weekend office visits. The wait time has always been long, however it is even worse if one can believe that. Expect to wait at least 2 1/2 hours before getting in to see him. We don't know what to think?