Dr. Kenneth Zwier Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Zwier?

October 10th, 2015

Great Doctor

I had a bad experience with a Doctor who worked at a hospital when I was 16. I received a recommendation to go to Dr. Zwier from a friend. Shortly after I was released from that hospital I started seeing Dr. Zwier, I was put on medication that helped me get better so I could live my life. I am 28 now and still go to Dr. Zwier. he is kind, helpful and everything a Doctor should be. His staff is also great. I would highly recommend this Doctor.

September 26th, 2015

Excellent practitioner! Respectful to both parents and children. Knowledgeable. Conservative approach. Outstanding knowledge of contemporary pharmaceuticals.

May 26th, 2015

Unimpressed

He's a fairly nice guy, soft spoken, polite. I've been seeing him for several years now, mainly just because he was the first psychiatrist my mom found for me when I was 14 and it never really occurred to me that I could see someone else. I find it difficult to talk to him because he comes off as condescending to me (and this is coming from someone with skin as thick as the wall of a bomb shelter), but even explaining everything going on with me to him, he's just never really seemed to put much effort into helping me. It took him two years of telling him how terrifying it is for me to do anything for him to include anxiety in my diagnosis, and he still has not prescribed me anything for it. He had me on a medication that was supposed to /supplement/ antidepressants for over a year, without antidepressants to be supplemented. When he finally did put my on a real antidepressant, it was a baby dosage that did absolutely nothing. The only time I've been on a medication that actually did anything for me was when I ended up in the hospital and the doctor there put me on something else. Unfortunately this was giving me some weird side effects, so he put me on something else--or rather, a baby dosage of something else that doesn't work. Shortly after starting this new medication, I started having some awful side effects, which I brought up to him, and was met with absolutely no help. tl;dr, I would not recommend Dr. Zwier to much of anyone. The only reason I've seen him as long as I have is because for whatever reason I never really thought to see anyone else. He doesn't listen to me, and he has never done much of anything that's helped me. But yeah, he's polite.

March 18th, 2010

Kind Compassionate Patient Intelligent Everything a psychiatrist should be

March 1st, 2010

A child psychiatrist who LISTENS

Dr. Zwier has been treating my son for 3 years now. He has a very calming and gentle presence, which resonates with my son. He connects with him, listens, and interacts in a caring and concerned way. I was concerned about medication options, since this was our fourth psychiatrist, and I hated the other three because they had a one-size-fits-all solution, no interpersonal skills, and zero rapport with my child. Dr. Zwier listened to my concerns and gave us a RANGE of options, from low-intervention to high intervention. I felt comfortable getting my son the medication he needs, because Dr. Zwier educated me on ALL of the options, and then let me pick a starting point. Over time, my son's medication needs have changed, and Dr. Zwier has always been available by phone (even calling me while he was on vacation) to assist through a crisis or a needed med adjustment. I have thought about trying to find someone who takes our insurance (he doesn't) or who is closer to our house (we drive 50 miles round trip), but Dr. Zwier is just too good.

January 4th, 2017