Dr. Kenny Mai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 2nd, 2016
Patient
I saw Dr Mai, he spent less than two minutes with me without even examining my knee. He just told me that I need a knee replacement and talk to his nurse. What a bedside attitude, you feel that he is just into the money and not really caring for you. His scheduling nurse has also an attitude, she thinks that you owe her a favor when you come to the clinic, she has to realize, without the patient, she won't have a job or a pay check! She definitely needs some costumer service training.

January 6th, 2016
Please get a 2nd opinion
I waited for my 1st appt, 1 month. Finally got in and he gave me a total of 1.5 min of his time & said I needed a hip replacement duh, the xray showed that I was scheduled for surgery before I left his office, it was just too quick!! I was on my phone to the insurance company "please find me another Dr" they did & I now have had a new hip for almost a year. Would not recommend to anyone especially when I have seen how other orthopedic Dr's are my new Dr gave me time & answered all my questions. Please get a second opinion!

November 20th, 2015
Paitent
I rate Dr. Mai 4 stars

October 26th, 2015
Dr mai
No personal attention & detail

June 30th, 2015
Don't go to him unless you wanna waste your day
Just awful I am an athlete and he asked me what was wrong and I told him then he just said you'll be fine just take Advil so then my knee never gets better so I ask my doctor for an mri turns out I tore my patella tendon

February 6th, 2012
Bad experience
One week I go there and he takes an x-ray and says I have bursitis and arthritis in my shoulder. Says he rarely sees it this bad in someone in there 40's. says my bone in the socket was dying and growing arthritis and I would need a shoulder replacement one day like my father had on both of his. So he has MRI done following week and comes back and says I am 100% and there is nothing wrong. I explained to him I have had this for 8 years and lost some range of motion. When I asked him to fill out some forms for the VA he said no and that I had full range of motion becaue he physically lifted my arm the week prior and it moved in every direction. Of course I was in severe pain while he manually moved my arm up and down and could not lift my arm under mu own power out to the side or in front of me. Then he gave me a cortizone shot. When I came back the following week with the MRI results he asked how it was. I told him the shot helped a little but I still could not move my arm comfortablly without pain and could not sleep on my left side. It appears after the MRI and me asking him to fill out a couple forms he just said you are fine just a little bursitis and we all get it. Really so I guess like me he cant lift a loaf of bread out in front of him without servere pain as well. Funny just a week early he says I need a replacement one day and hadn't seen bursitis in and arthitis at this age. described my bone a sa "dying Star" with arthritis growing forming on it. I think he spent a total of 2 mintues with me once he entered the exam room. Just really feel he blew me off as if I was making it up. As I type this my shoulder hurting me. As far as the VA I told him they specifically asked me to have him fill the forms out. He shunned them and said a VA doctor has to fill them out. I said no they specifically said he could. Felt like he didn't want to spend a few minutes to check my range of motion etc...Will never go back nor recommend him to anyone.

January 30th, 2011
excellent recovery from knee replacement

January 29th, 2011
friendly; good mannergreat surgeon. had excellent result

January 29th, 2011
excellent surgeon

September 20th, 2010
He knows his stuff
I am 79yrs and went to see Doc with major hip/leg pain. My GP had me go thru 4 mos of Phys thearpy. 1 vist with Mai, 1 injection in the hip and I have my normal life back.I am glad we have a good Orth in town now.

September 5th, 2010
he did a great job on my shoulder

August 12th, 2010
excellent doctor. i had great results