Dr. Kenny Mai Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Kenny Mai?

ER Surgeon at Adventist Hospital in Hanford, CA

Posted on August 18th, 2017

Did not follow up with my surgical procedure. I have no idea what type of partial hip replacement I have. He released me to a nursing rehab in Hanford CA after I had San Joaquin Valley Rehabilitation's acceptance to their facility. I had a Medicare liaison who told me I could disagree with his discharge to a Hanford Nursing Home because he "had to discharge me the same morning" I met with San Joaquin rep to have aggressive rehab. My Aunt had been in the same Nursing Facility he tried to release me into their care she never benefited from 3 different nursing/rehabs in Hanford CA!

Meeting Dr. Mai

Posted on February 7th, 2017

Like many people I was a bit put off by his quick nature at first. My primary care physician asked me to give him another shot. The second time I saw him, I asked him to slow down and sit and talk to me. He did just that and from that moment on, I've trusted him completely. He's figured out what has been causing my kneecap to dislocate. He figured out why my toe kicks out funny when I walk, he's figured out why I am in constant pain. It turns out the first doctor that did my knee implant put it in crooked. After that surgery I had problems with kneecap trying to dislocate and severe spasms. My 1st doctor said I should have a Fulkerson's to fix it. Even tho I had one in 2000 and the knee replacement should have fixed it. He scheduled me for a surgery that I did not need. Dr. Mai took the time needed to figure out my problem and rule out many other possible issues from infection, rejection, metal on metal issues and more. I agree he can seem fast and quick for appointments, but just take a moment and tell him you need him to slow down and explain. He spent over an hour with us answering every single question in more detail than any other surgeon I've had. While there is no guarantee, he's doing what he can to give me some relief and is making sure my implant is properly placed so it can do what it needs to do with out causing further damage. Dr. Mai is a great doctor who truly cares about his patients and when you go, you may not get the answer you want to hear. He refuses to do a replacement on my right knee. Even though the other doctor said it was needed and scheduled me. Dr. Mai told me what I do already know. Lose weight, work out, get the knee stronger, and try some cortisone. He's says I'm too young and there is too much I can do to help my situation. He's absolutely right. I am looking forward to him taking good care of me and doing a surgery that will help me instead of hurt me. Thank you Dr. Mai!

Service

Posted on January 11th, 2017

Inconsiderate doctor, didn't even want to hear me out, was in a hurry. Only wants to do surgery for a fat pay check without considering other options. Don't waste your time and money.

Patient

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

I saw Dr Mai, he spent less than two minutes with me without even examining my knee. He just told me that I need a knee replacement and talk to his nurse. What a bedside attitude, you feel that he is just into the money and not really caring for you. His scheduling nurse has also an attitude, she thinks that you owe her a favor when you come to the clinic, she has to realize, without the patient, she won't have a job or a pay check! She definitely needs some costumer service training.

Please get a 2nd opinion

Posted on January 7th, 2016

I waited for my 1st appt, 1 month. Finally got in and he gave me a total of 1.5 min of his time & said I needed a hip replacement duh, the xray showed that I was scheduled for surgery before I left his office, it was just too quick!! I was on my phone to the insurance company "please find me another Dr" they did & I now have had a new hip for almost a year. Would not recommend to anyone especially when I have seen how other orthopedic Dr's are my new Dr gave me time & answered all my questions. Please get a second opinion!

Paitent

Posted on November 20th, 2015

I rate Dr. Mai 4 stars

Dr mai

Posted on October 26th, 2015

No personal attention & detail

Don't go to him unless you wanna waste your day

Posted on July 1st, 2015

Just awful I am an athlete and he asked me what was wrong and I told him then he just said you'll be fine just take Advil so then my knee never gets better so I ask my doctor for an mri turns out I tore my patella tendon

Bad experience

Posted on February 7th, 2012

One week I go there and he takes an x-ray and says I have bursitis and arthritis in my shoulder. Says he rarely sees it this bad in someone in there 40's. says my bone in the socket was dying and growing arthritis and I would need a shoulder replacement one day like my father had on both of his. So he has MRI done following week and comes back and says I am 100% and there is nothing wrong. I explained to him I have had this for 8 years and lost some range of motion. When I asked him to fill out some forms for the VA he said no and that I had full range of motion becaue he physically lifted my arm the week prior and it moved in every direction. Of course I was in severe pain while he manually moved my arm up and down and could not lift my arm under mu own power out to the side or in front of me. Then he gave me a cortizone shot. When I came back the following week with the MRI results he asked how it was. I told him the shot helped a little but I still could not move my arm comfortablly without pain and could not sleep on my left side. It appears after the MRI and me asking him to fill out a couple forms he just said you are fine just a little bursitis and we all get it. Really so I guess like me he cant lift a loaf of bread out in front of him without servere pain as well. Funny just a week early he says I need a replacement one day and hadn't seen bursitis in and arthitis at this age. described my bone a sa "dying Star" with arthritis growing forming on it. I think he spent a total of 2 mintues with me once he entered the exam room. Just really feel he blew me off as if I was making it up. As I type this my shoulder hurting me. As far as the VA I told him they specifically asked me to have him fill the forms out. He shunned them and said a VA doctor has to fill them out. I said no they specifically said he could. Felt like he didn't want to spend a few minutes to check my range of motion etc...Will never go back nor recommend him to anyone.

Posted on January 30th, 2011

excellent recovery from knee replacement

Posted on January 29th, 2011

friendly; good mannergreat surgeon. had excellent result

Posted on January 29th, 2011