Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Don't go to him unless you wanna waste your day show details Don't go to him unless you wanna waste your day
Jun 30th, 2015

Just awful I am an athlete and he asked me what was wrong and I told him then he just said you'll be fine just take Advil so then my knee never gets better so I ask my doctor for an mri turns out I tore my patella tendon

Bad experience show details Bad experience
Feb 6th, 2012

One week I go there and he takes an x-ray and says I have bursitis and arthritis in my shoulder. Says he rarely sees it this bad in someone in there 40's. says my bone in the socket was dying and growing arthritis and I would need a shoulder replacement one day like my father had on both of his. So he has MRI done following week and comes back and says I am 100% and there is nothing wrong. I explained to him I have had this for 8 years and lost some range of motion. When I asked him to fill out some forms for the VA he said no and that I had full range of motion becaue he physically lifted my arm the week prior and it moved in every direction. Of course I was in severe pain while he manually moved my arm up and down and could not lift my arm under mu own power out to the side or in front of me. Then he gave me a cortizone shot. When I came back the following week with the MRI results he asked how it was. I told him the shot helped a little but I still could not move my arm comfortablly without pain and could not sleep on my left side. It appears after the MRI and me asking him to fill out a couple forms he just said you are fine just a little bursitis and we all get it. Really so I guess like me he cant lift a loaf of bread out in front of him without servere pain as well. Funny just a week early he says I need a replacement one day and hadn't seen bursitis in and arthitis at this age. described my bone a sa "dying Star" with arthritis growing forming on it. I think he spent a total of 2 mintues with me once he entered the exam room. Just really feel he blew me off as if I was making it up. As I type this my shoulder hurting me. As far as the VA I told him they specifically asked me to have him fill the forms out. He shunned them and said a VA doctor has to fill them out. I said no they specifically said he could. Felt like he didn't want to spend a few minutes to check my range of motion etc...Will never go back nor recommend him to anyone.

Jan 30th, 2011

excellent recovery from knee replacement

Jan 29th, 2011

friendly; good mannergreat surgeon. had excellent result

Jan 29th, 2011

excellent surgeon

He knows his stuff show details He knows his stuff
Sep 20th, 2010

I am 79yrs and went to see Doc with major hip/leg pain. My GP had me go thru 4 mos of Phys thearpy. 1 vist with Mai, 1 injection in the hip and I have my normal life back.I am glad we have a good Orth in town now.

Sep 5th, 2010

he did a great job on my shoulder

Aug 12th, 2010

excellent doctor. i had great results

Jun 25th, 2010

easy going; caring.i had great results. disagreed with some comments here

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
Jun 21st, 2010

Dr. Mai did an amazing job on my total knee replacement.

Had to redo hip surgery with another surgeon show details Had to redo hip surgery with another surgeon
May 6th, 2010

Dr. Mai was very confident about repairing my hip. After the surgery, he was less confident and actually said I might have to undergo another hip surgery because this one might not hold. I sought a second opinion and, as a result, underwent a second hip surgery with another surgeon. The second surgery is more robust and I am recovering function in my hip. I would not recommend Dr. Mai.

Don't waste your time like I did show details Don't waste your time like I did
by Eli Ramirez on Mar 4th, 2010

He is the most arrogant uncaring doc I have ever met. Gets very upset when you question him on progress after surgery. My foot is still numb 5 months after surgery and he had no answers. I have had to wait 2 hours to see him on two different occasions. Feel he did unnecessary surgery.