Dr. Kenny Sizemore MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 6th, 2016
As a new patient, the process of determining my diagnosis was horrible. I saw the PA during my second appointment, and she knew very little regarding the questions I asked. Her bedside manor was very poor as well. At my 3rd and 4th appointments, after requesting to see the physician, Dr. Sizemore did not even remember my name or case information. It appeared he was so booked with patients, the office could not schedule a follow up at the time of my appointment. I had to call numerous times to schedule my follow up appointments. A new patient who is trying to determine their illness should not have to go through this (or returning patients for that matter.) Needless to say, I sought a second opinion and treatment elsewhere.

May 17th, 2016
I love Dr Sizemore's personality! He truly cares and he's very smart. Great physician.

October 29th, 2012
Dr. Sizemore is very kind and patient. His bedside manner, and the manner of his staff, is excellent. Great communication skills.

September 11th, 2010
Best Rhumatologist
Dr. Sizemore knows how to treat rheumatoid arthritis and its many symptoms.

August 19th, 2010
Not much follow-up
Went to see Dr. Sizemore for one ongoing issue and one new issue (severe pain in a new area). Since I have a positive genetic marker for a specific arthritic condition, needed to get that checked out and also wanted to get input on the new pain. X-rays were taken and a few weeks later I received a note that said I have severe arthritic degeneration, but not the more dire condition, which was very good news. The note also said I have moderate to severe arthritis in the area with new pain. That was it! No recommendations for a follow-up visit, no suggestions to try medication, no exercises or physical therapy suggested, etc. Just pretty much, "Here's my diagnosis, good luck!" I really need some help or at least some advice, so I will try to see another rheumatologist who may actually follow up with something called "treatment". It is a revolutionary new approach that helps patients actually deal with their diseases and sometimes life-altering symptoms. So bottom line for me was: diagnosis - rated a 4, communication and follow-up rated a 1. Staff was nice and waiting time was reasonable. Had to wait about 3 months to get an appointment.

April 9th, 2010
Worst Doctor's office I have ever seen
This office staff is awful, rude and unprofessional. They kept calling my home to get in touch with me even though I had provided my work number as the only number to reach me at. The argued with me when I called to get help with pain. The took 2 days to return my calls for help. All they go is give excuses for their unacceptable patient service. I have transfered my care to a new doctor and have received excellent care now.

December 3rd, 2009
Fortunate To Be A Patient...
Dr Sizemore and his staff have been treating me for 1.5 yrs for my severe Sjogren's and Lupus.His bedside manner is phenomenal, his knowledge about discoveries in my diseases and breakthrough drugs for treatment of them is exceptional. I have NEVER felt rushed at an appointment, and every question is answered before he leaves. When I have an issue that is outside of his realm (severe migraines for example), he will refer me to a specialist instead of trying to treat a problem that is not in his field (this is a rare and good trait in a specialist).When my pain hit a 10 on the scale, I was seen promptly and action was taken to make me more comfortable. I feel like a partner in my care, and when medications or treatments need to be changed, I am given options, information, and he and his staff let me make the final decision on my care. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr Sizemore (I was new to the area), and I highly recommend him to family and friends alike.

November 6th, 2009
The lack of education for me has been very frusterating! I want to know what to expect. Dr. Sizemore doesn't give out much information. I want a partnership with him but it doesn't work that way currently. As long as I wasn't having any problems, everything was fine. The moment that I need questions answered, I have to actually make an appointment one week out to have my question answered. My paperwork for disability was turned in late so I had to go to a regular disability medical physician to evaluate my pain/fibromyalgia/lupus. The pain/fibromyalgia was a new diagnosis this past year. He wrote Lyrica for me to use for this. According to my disability examiner, this information wasn't covered and that was why I had to go to a doctor who didn't know me or my history to have my range of motion checked. His ability to communicate to the patient who is having new issues isn't warm. New information such as the clinical trials was not shared and when I asked about it the staff didn't know anything about the clinical trials, then Dr. Sizemore sent me a handwritten note 2 weeks later stating that he is familiar with the drug. That's what he said. He didn't elaborate, didn't say "yes, we have something to be encouraged about." Nothing. He doesn't seem to be informed with the latest information or doesn't appear to want to share anything unless I bring up information. There's no encouragement given to someone who is young and now needing his expertise in what to expect, etc. For someone who has been painfully healthy and then within the last year unable to work because of connective tissuse diease this has been life-altering.Patients need encouragement when they are experiencing something new. I rarely have needed to call upon him, but if I do need him I cannot depend on getting an answer for several weeks. That's not acceptable. His staff needs to be educated. Support groups should be mentioned, websites for the different rheumatological diseases should at least be mentioned, new clinical information should be mentioned -- Lupus medications -- there aren't any specifically for Lupus! Clinical trials are reported on CNN for this new potential drug. That's how I heard about it. A 70-year-old neighbor mentioned it to me! That's how I learned about this clinical trial.