Dr. Kent Carpenter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 9th, 2016
Exceptional Primary Care
Always listens intently, great bedside manner. true concern about my overall health and well-being.

July 27th, 2016
Great Medical Practice
I have been seeing Dr. Carpenter for 10+ years now. I I can tell him anything, he keeps detailed notes and I love his nurse! The office staff is great too. Friendly, warm and very personable. When I have an office visit it is more like visiting old friends!

April 25th, 2014
Worst Doctor Ever
Never going back to Dr. Carpenter!!! After 2 months worth of blood test and actually diagnosing his response was to "address in a couple of months' since he didn't feel it was a problem. He was extremely wrong went I had to ask for a referral (3 times) the next doctor was shocked by my test results. Dr. Carpenter's main goal is to run test and collect his fees and disregard the patient.

March 25th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Carpenter's for many years and have learned that he is very intuitive and concentrates on your symptoms. I fully trust his treatments as he has always been correct in diagnosing problems or illnesses. Yes he has many patients so he is not there to tell you how nice your hair looks. Unless you want clinic style care, this is a very good doctor.

June 18th, 2012
did not get a procedure approved from insurance
Dr. Carpenter's front office did not call my insurance company to approve a lab procedure. I had no idea they were going outside network to have this test done. I received a $445.00 bill from the lab. Although Carpenter did write a letter to my insurance as an appeal, he has refused to help after my insurance company refused to pay. His front office dropped the ball on this and he refuses to pay this bill. My letters to him are falling on deaf ears. I will no longer use him as my doctor and I would not recommend him to anyone.

January 30th, 2012
Never going back
I was feeling sick and didn't have a doctor in the area, but I had heard good things about Dr. Archer(another doctor in the office) so I decided to drop by. The office staff were very friendly and helpful and it was only a few minutes until I was in a room waiting to see the doctor. When Dr. Carpenter arrived he seemed disinterested and impatitient. He asked me five or so questions then said he thought I had one of three things and advised some lab tests and an injection. I was immediately uncomfortable with the idea of an injection and asked what it was and what it was for. He seemed upset and said if my sickness was viral the injection would help. I reiterated what is it? and then asked how much is it? All he said was that it was inexpensive and seemed even more disgruntled. He told me to wait just a second and left the room. A nurse came back injection in hand and I said I didn't want it. She looked at me quizzically and we talked about it for a minute or so; I asked about the cost of the injection and they looked it up and told me $12. I really didn't want it but was very sick and not in my right state of mind and feeling pressured to take it caved and let them inject me and take some blood. That was it, Dr. Carpenter never came back. I was enraged because I had wanted to talk to him to understand what I was sick with so I could decide how to deal with it, and not just get shot up with randomn drugs.Well the bill came in the mail 2 months later and I was even angrier. The $12 injection carried a $56 fee along with it for being administered that I was not told about, and the cheap labwork turned out to be another $60. All in all I ended up paying about $100 more then they had led me to believe. I went in to the office and spoke with a manager, politley explaining the incongruencies between my visit and the bill asking if they could even knock off part of it for me. They basically said "too bad". This is a huge deal to me because I'm currently earning my degree and don't have $100 just sitting around.The whole process was terrible in every way. I will never go back and will warn any of my friends from ever visiting Dr. Carpenter. I hated everything about that ordeal.

August 4th, 2011
Good listener
This was my first visit with Dr. Carpenter. He took his time and seemed genuinely concerned when I shared my families medical history. Very thorough and informative. Didn't feel like he was holding information back.

October 22nd, 2010
Great care and Great Listener
Dr. Carpenter has been working very dilligently with me in getting me to control my Type II diabetes. As certain medicines did not work, he continued to advise me and work with me to find the medicine that would control the problem. In addition, he has continued to provide information for me to change lifestyle choices so my condition can remain in check.

January 25th, 2010
DUSCHE BAG
EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL; honestly disgusted at how snobbish he is. Doesn't deserve to be making the salary of a doctor.