Dr. Kent Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kent Chen?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 4 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 17th, 2016

Worst experience, I have ever had with a provider.

I regret as a patient to have visited Kent Y. Chen, MD. I had a horrid experience in his examination room: Starting with his manners, Dr. Chen has zero doctor-patient relationship. He never made an eye contact with me, even as I tried repeatedly talking with him. Instead of replying to me, he deliberately ignored me and spent the whole session standing, hiding behind a monitor, fixating his eyes on the screen, browsing and scrolling in my records with other doctors. He seemed to have made a living on reciting the medical history and repeating previous prescriptions for his patients without providing any new medically intellectual contribution of his own. While reviewing medical records may be necessary, their correlation to patient current status may or may not be relevant. In addition, it never occurred to him that it is possible that the patient may be asking for a "second opinion". I even have tried to help him with medical knowledge during the session by showing him a document I had written showing scientifically the past incorrect diagnosis and therapy with other doctors. Most of the past diagnoses and treatments contradictory to my current status. Instead, he never listened to me for a moment, and grew bullying, draconian, and unbecoming. Instead of using my name, he addressed me repeatedly, with the word "sir". Unfortunately, he seemed to practice the one-size-fits-all monolithic thinking with many other trusting patients. This reflected his incompetence. This practice is appalling to the ethical medical profession. After almost an hour of his one sided monolog while fixating his eyes on the monitor, he kept saying "It won’t work out...It won’t work out...". He ran out of any medical knowledge to contribute in prescribing a drug! I even helped him with the name of a specific drug to prescribe. But it was all waste of time, while I had been in full agony due to shortness of breath. Realizing the fruitless of the session with "Dr. Chen", I left the examination room abruptly near the end of the session. And he did not even bother to that I left in agony untreated. In my unfortunate visit to "Dr. Chen", I experienced an unethical behavior. In my absence, he prescribed a drug that I had told him I still had it and almost fainted when taking it. Obviously, he desperately did that to "legitimize" his useless session and "legitimize” billing the insurance!

July 27th, 2017