Anesthesiologists, General Practitioner, Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

23456 Hawthorne Blvd
Ste 160
Torrance, CA 90505
310-375-2705
Locations and availability (1)

|  Quick and Concise  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2014

The best part about my visit was the entire friendliness of all the staff. I walked in and was pleasantly greeted by the receptionist. I waited less than ten minutes and then the nurse greeted me with a cheery smile and asked me how my day was. Once Dr. Kent walked in I was very happy and enthusiastic. I was in just for a check up, but it was quick and painless, pleasant even. I would recommend.

|  This doctor is a scam  |  show details
by Victor on Mar 11th, 2014

I read many terrible reviews on this guy. He listed himself as an endocrinology, ?? An Anesthiologist, ?? an Infectious disease specialist who told everyone not to take flu shots. His clinic is all about money, money, money. He puts everyone on his private label supplements. Everyone is on thyroid medication. THe local ER doctors one time saw 6 patients who have rapid heart beat because of the thyroid medication he prescribed. Stay away from this kind of "Quack" doctor.

|  Delightfully surprised!  |  show details
by Noelle on Feb 16th, 2014

I was very satified with my visit to Dr. Holtorf. I felt he was professional and well mannered. He took his time with me to understand my concerns and address all my issues at hand. If he didn't understand a concern he asked further questions giving me the chance to explain further. He was able to give well founded recommendations that were effective in my case and remedied the issue quickly. I would strongly recommend Dr. Holtorf based on this encounter and look forward to my next visit. Thank you so much.

|  Skinny Bone's is growing up  |  show details
by Ron on Dec 30th, 2013

I was on the skinny side all of my life and everyone told me I'd fill out and I new I wouldn't because I eat good and then I find out that it could me my metabolism. This doctor helped me get it correct and I'm finally feeling socially balanced and even a bit sexy. I've never been happier in my life.

|  kj;lkj;lj  |  show details
by kj;lkj;lkj on Dec 6th, 2013

jhlkjhlkjh

Oct 14th, 2013

Dr. Kent Holtorf is the answer to my prayers. I have struggled with thyroid and related weight gain issues for years. Bouncing from doctor to doctor was no fun. I finally found someone that knew what they were doing, produced real results and set me on a path to total healing. I am super pleased!

|  ASTHMA  |  show details
by Sherri B. on Oct 9th, 2013

I went to see Doctor Holtorf due to my asthma. It had subsided for a long time but it came back after I moved to LA. He is very knowledgeable and did not just stick me with some inhaler or steroids without out observing my condition. He properly diagnosed me. My visit with him was very pleasant and I did not feel like he was trying to hurry me out. He really paid attention to me and my asthma is now under control. I am happy to feel normal and back on track with my condition under control. I would recommend him to anyone I know.

|  Very Helpful  |  show details
by Tony B. on Jul 25th, 2013

I called up for an appointment because my auntie recommended Dr. Kent Holtorf and I wanna give it a try. The staff who answered the phone is so friendly, I didn't had hard time to get a schedule. When I visited them, they're so kind and I love the environment, I felt at home. Dr. Holtorf is very professional. He spent enough time with me and encourages me to ask questions. He's so kind and I find him very knowledgeable. Looking forward for my next visit.

by Amber on Jun 9th, 2013

Dr. Holtorf is very knowledgeable and even encouraged me to ask questions. He's so nice and I'm so comfortable talking with him, just like a friend. He presented different medication plan/option and discussed its advantages. I'm so grateful that I met him through a friend recommendation. Looking forward for my next visit to Holtorf Medical and I'm very positive on the results.

|  FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT DOCTOR!  |  show details
by Sandra on May 22nd, 2013

I've been seeing different doctors for almost 2 years now. I didn't see changes on my hormonal problem with the previous doctors. Just last month on a family reunion, I met my aunt with the same condition and she told me about the very good prognosis on her condition and recommended me her doctor. I call Dr. Holtorf clinic the next day and scheduled an appointment and true enough, the doctor is very kind and knowledgeable. I have noticed the difference in just a month and I know this is working good.

|  VERY PROFESSIONAL  |  show details
by JG on May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Kent Holtorf is very professional. He's so knowledgeable but so down to earth character. Everything about my condition is well-explained and he answered all my questions. I'm going to see him again in a week. Thank you so much Dr. Holtorf. You are highly recommended!

|  Very Professional!  |  show details
by Linden R. on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Kent Holtorf is very knowledgeable and professional. I've been seeing him 4x last year, he's always came on time. His staff is very friendly and kind, they even called me days after my visits to check if I'm ok. I just had my first 2013 appointment with him yesterday, he's very consistent. I really appreciate Dr. Holtorf for being very professional. Highly recommended!

|  Feeling Better  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

Have been going to Holtorf Medical for a little over a year now and feeling much better! I do not want to go back to the way I was feeling before. No pain with walking or moving now and I have lost 17 to 18 pounds. Don't have as many infections, still some but not as many.I'll be seeing Dr. Holtorf again.

|  HE IS GREAT!  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

Dr. Holtorf is a great listener and really helped me get to the root of my problems. Thanks God for the Holtorf Medical Group. Just wish there was a location closer. Originally was at St Joseph, MO center and waiting, hoping a Kansas City or closer midwest location is opened!!

|  A COMPETENT DOCTOR  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Absolutely am 100% satisfied with Dr. Holtorf and his staff. I have been with Dr. Holtorf since September, 2007. He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had. He is an extremely brilliant doctor and has given me back my life after 7 years of going from doctor to doctor with no diagnosis.

|  They are Crooks  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

I am worse than ever and they have taken my hard earned $3000 I have hypothyroidism and after extensive tests and expensive supplements I have gained 20 pounds in two weeks and have my period return after 10 years as too much hormone medsThey took me off what I used to take telling me I would get better and I never felt worseNobody wants to help if you call there just get the run aroundSave your money

|  Holtorf Medical is the Biggest Scam of all Medicine  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

Dr Holtorf advertised extensively that he is a hormone expert. a friend of mine recently told me that Dr Holtorf was never board-certified in Endocrinology and Metabolism. All his advertisement are false claims!! He is certified in Anti-aging area which most US medical association did not recognized. I have seen in their clinic twice. All they are interested in are to run thousands dollar of testing. They billed my insurance $4000 dollar and then tell me I have under active thyroid and low growth hormone. I have to purchase their thyroid supplement which cost over 300 dollars. Because my insurance company said they are experimental and would not cover the cost. The growth hormone shots cost me over $1000 per month.In my opinion, Dr Holtorf clinic is the biggest scam in the medical field. My current endocrinologist laughed when I mentioned his name. Dr Holtorf is not an expert in Endocrinolgy. So, just be careful what they sell you.

|  Can't thank them enough.  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2011

I see Dr. Wayne Wightman (Holtorf Medical Group) for chronic fatigue -and then diagnosed to have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. Personally, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Wightman and the Holtorf staff. They are extremely thorough, each appointment is satisfying (i never have felt rushed). They don't accept any insurance however, the staff will provide you with all the paperwork you need in order to fill a claim. So far, I have had no problems obtaining my reimbursement from Anthem PPO.

|  As was written in Elle Magazine:  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

So in April 2009, I flew to Torrance, California, to investigate my alternatives, or rather, a practitioner of alternative medicine: Kent Holtorf, MD, a high-octane hormone guru, board-certified in anti-aging medicine, who can answer your medical questions by instantly offering an informative handout or medical study as if pulling a rabbit from a hat. After a gamut of tests, Holtorf determined that I was not metabolizing the synthetic thyroid hormones and that I was suffering from a deficiency of iodine, an element essential to thyroid production. And my estrogen level was zero. Was I having hot flashes? No, but I was enduring other discomforts, like dry eyeballs and a desperate case of arid female nether regions. Holtorf plied me with dietary supplements and bioidentical products estrogen gel, progesterone pills, and thyroid hormone. All that was missing was a wheatgrass chaser.Five months later, I flew off to Florida for the Life Extension conference. I arrived on Friday night at Fort Lauderdales Westin Hotel on the aptly named Corporate Drive, and despite being a night owl, I made the 8 a.m. start time of the two-day program. But as the hours rolled by, my eyes glazed over, not merely from exhaustion but from sheer boredom. I wasnt hearing anything new. That was when I knew that a lot had happened to me in the two and a half months since I had registered for this snoozefest. For starters, Holtorfs hormonal goody bag was delivering on its promises. Having shed 10 pounds, I was feeling brighter and lighter.

Aug 17th, 2011

My first appointment and not so long ago, I weighed 213..as of today Im now at 181.5 :)It is wonderful help they have offered me. I am very very Happy with them.

|  Finally, I get the relief that I need.  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2011

I had my thyroid irradiated due to hyperthyroidism (Graves disease). I was told that I would have to take a thyroid pill substitute for the rest of my life. I had hoped the endocrinologists I spoke with and who afterwards became my doctors for the next 5 years knew what they were doing, but I learned learned that he and subsequent doctors really know very little and cared even less. Before my thyroid was zapped, I weighed 145-150 pounds (510) and had a 30/32 waist. I was lean and young and full of energy.I was placed on a daily dose of Synthroid--soon after which I began to drastically gain weight. No matter how much I stuck to the healthy regimen I had always lived by, my body was changing in a very uncomfortable and unattractive way, increasing in size pound by pound, month to month, year by year. At each visit, I mentioned my anguish because I had at some point gained a gruesome total of 63 pounds, but my doctor replied it was all fine and thats the way it is. I could not comprehend nor believe that this was just the way it is so I chose to do even more delving--I discovered The Holtorf Medical Group, Inc. located in Torrance, California on the internet and drove there. After reading all of the well referenced articles on the site, I felt confident that I had found the answer and remedy to my personal thyroid nightmare.what a relief!I met with the nurse practitioner and explained my dilemma as to how I got to this frustrating, disastrous, physical and emotional point; she assured me that with the correct management of thyroid medicines, which Holtorf Medical Group specializes in, I would start feeling better and looking better and be better right away. She ran specialized lab tests that no one had ever sent me for prior and started me on a T4/T3 combination. Before I embarked on this new system I was gaining weight even when eating minimally, and today I can state with great happiness and joy that in the two months that I have been following the Holtorf Medical Group guidelines, I have lost 21 pounds and I expect to continue, with the hopes of possibly getting back to the shape I had before this all happened. I am very proud to know of Kent Holtorf and his Medical Group, and his diligence in discovering how to truly manage a problem many people in my situation suffer with, no thyroid or hypothyroid. I say with much appreciation that he is truly a masterful and wonderful man because he and his caring staff are the only ones I have found to have discovered a system that truly works and helps. I am finally relieved and on the road to being the person I used to be. Bravo! P.S. And please note that they help people with so many other medical issues, not only thyroid problems. I say make an appointment, you will be more than pleased with what they know and how they help you on your road to recovery. They certainly are helping me.

|  Finally! A doctor that delivers great results!  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

Been going to the Holtorf Medical Group in Torrance for about a year. They look deep to find reasons for inability to lose weight, which I had many that were never checked before coming here. I dont think this is even known by most doctors. They all have just told me to exercise more and eat less and never bothered to check. The natural hormones have also been a blessing for me--I have never felt so good! Thank you, thank you.

|  I'm so grateful to Dr. Koftan  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

Dr. Koftan at the Holtorf Medical Group was able to diagnose my problem when no one else would dig deep enough. I cant recommend them highly enough. Unfortunately, I had to travel from New York for help, but it was so worth it. We need more doctors like Dr. Koftan.

|  Amazing staff--changed my life.  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

I went to several specialists before finding the Holtorf Medical Group and my symptoms were dismissed as simply getting older, its due to stress or you must be depressed. I was made to feel I was crazy and offered little more than an antidepressant and sent on my way. The doctor here listened to my story and I could tell was really interested in finding the problem (what a difference). The doctor ordered extensive testing that no one ever considered and found multiple hormone deficiencies including low thyroid not detected by the other doctors. I have never felt better. What a difference between the Holtorf Medical Group and all those other doctors I have been to, including the so-called specialists in endocrinology that couldnt find the problem that was found on the second visit. We need more of these clinics. A little closer would be nice but I am so happy I found them.

|  Great improvement!  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

I am in Oregon, and I could not find a doctor who knew what to do for me. I ended up driving down to the bay area and going to Holtorf Medical Group. I saw Dr. Camilleri and he was wonderful. It was the first time any doctor I've seen actually knew what to do with me.I finally had had it with my current doctor when I asked him what treatments he used for other patients like me, and he said "I've never had a patient like you". That was NOT helpful and very frustrating. While I adore my hometown doctor, my issues were definitely way out of his league!I just got bloodwork done yesterday for my next appt wtih Dr. Camilleri and the lady at the lab remarked at how different the bloodwork ordered was compared to what the local doctors order! Thanks to Dr. C, I now have a handle on my issues. Everything is not yet perfect, but is definitely an ENORMOUS improvement over how I was feeling before.All and all -- while it was not an easy or inexpensive endeavor to travel so far from home for treatment, it was most assuredly worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

|  My Remarkable Recovery  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

I have to thank the Holtorf Medical Group for turning my health around. They correctly found the causes of weight & health issues that had existed for 15 years. For years, I spent a lot of time and money on care that left me a 315 lb hormone wreck. I was tired of taking thyroid medicine that seemed to make my weight worse and not better, I was tired all the time, and not getting the answers from all the different doctors and specialists I had seen. I was close to giving up, but someone recommended the Holtorf Medical Group and I read the site and said Hey, thats me too. Its been just over 12 months since and I dropped to 190 lb and never felt better.The symptoms of thyroid and adrenal problems cleared up enough that people dont recognize me, and even my drivers license and passport photos get me in trouble Hey this huge guy in this photo does not look like you, etc.. I went from 4X shirts to medium, and have a 36 waist that was a huge bulge one year ago. I spent 15 years chasing weight and medical problems that were linked to even more trouble before thatI tried hard to exercise it off, with no luck. I ate a low fat diet and was very active, and grew anyway to 245, then 260, then 280. No diet ever seemed to work. I saw a specialist and he found my triglycerides to be way off the chart high, but had no explanation since I was so active. I then developed most of the symptoms of hypothyroid, and this was confirmed with a very high TSH.For years, I took Synthroid but the weight stayed on and got worse. I wasnt happy with it and suspicious that something was missing. I would always ask endocrinologists why the high triglycerides and arent we missing something? They never had a good answer. At my first visit to Holtorf Medical they pretty much figured out my case just from listening to my story and checking what medicine I was on. I was on a lot of Synthroid and huge in size, so he suspected (and later confirmed) reverse T3 syndrome. This was complicated by adrenal failure that I am pretty sure dates back even farther than the thyroid, but no one knew. I started hormones, including pure T3, and things really cleared up. I lost 10 pounds a month until I got to 190. I could write a whole page on the problems that went away when the weight did. Its just been remarkable.

|  Life is good  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2011

I first came to Holtorf Medical Group on the advice of a friend about 2 1/2 years ago. I had seen my regular physician 6 months prior, concerned with my weight and lack of energy. He had told me that at my age (42, at that time) that I would have to work out for an hour a day 5-7 days a week to lose it and I was only tired because I was overweight. After 7 months of 1 hour workouts 6 days a week, I lost 7 pounds. That was it! Dr. Holtorf and his Physician's Assistant, ran the tests needed to understand my problem. They worked with me to get the right treatment and I now feel like a normal me!! I haven't felt this good in years! Life is good.

|  I honestly feel I have gotten my life back  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

I have suffered with severe fatigue for 4 years following a major surgery. . I have consulted many doctors whether medical or holistic. I was told I was likely depressed or anxious and prescribed anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, or a host of natural supplements. Nothing got rid of the fatigue. I felt so tired some days all I could do was shower and then go back to bed. Being a very active, high energy person, I found this condition extremely frustrating.In January I went online desperately seeking someone who specialized in fatigue and came across Holtorf. I liked what I read and especially appreciated the 27 page health questionnaire. I found Dr. Wightman to be very knowledgeable in his diagnosis- different than the guesswork I had experienced with previous doctors. He put me on T3 and progesterone as well as several supplements and minerals. Within two weeks I felt my energy returning and have continued to feel improvement over these past months.I honestly feel I have gotten my life back. I am very appreciative and have recommended Holtorf to family members and friends, some of whom are also getting treatment and feeling better.

Mar 17th, 2011

No other facility has helped me as helped me as much as this clinic for FM and CFS. I went from doctor to doctor and was always disappointed until I found someone who understands and wants to treat these illnesses. I was the first time I did not know more than the physician. I wish I found them 10 years ago.

Mar 15th, 2011

I see Dr. Wightman a doctor at Holtorfs practice. He is treating me for PCOS, Hashis, Lyme disease, and type 2 diabetes.I had been to countless doctors who offered substandard treatment. I was in constant pain and gaining weight very rapidly. My blood sugars were crazy and all I ever got was Levoxyl and lectures about lifestyle changes.After running the right tests Dr. Wightman discovered my Lyme (contracted 15 years ago) was back in full swing (5 other doctors refused to test me for Lyme saying my arthritis was untreatable anyhow.) I had adrenal insufficiency, high reverse T3 levels (so high he took me totally off Levoxyl and put me on pure T3), and he also found I had dangerously low levels of several very important hormones and vitamin D. My A1c was only 5.1 so he was the first doctor to believe me I was not stuffing my face with bad food.I have been following his new regime for 2 months now (the right medications and supplements.) I have lost 20 lbs (no change in diet my diet was fine) and am virtually pain free. Before, I could not pick up a coffee cup without extreme pain. Now I am back to lifting weights. Plus, my huge goiter of 20 years from Hashis is now totally gone normal sized again I can swallow!I say out the window with Gold Standard testing which we all know is run by the insurance companies. And hear hear to doctors that actually do not blame the patient for their problems but who look outside the box for answers and for treatment.

Mar 15th, 2011

I am so grateful to Dr. Holtorf! I have received such exceptional care am so much improved after being through the ringer with so many physicians saying they cannot help me. I can never say enough and recommend them to everyone I meet.

Mar 9th, 2011

I have been going to Holtorf Medical Group for a year now. I was able to return to work. I am up now 6 out of 7 days a week. They listen and do extensive lab work. They are very encouraging and have been able to prescribe the proper treatment. I was very, very sick when I went to Holtorf, needing a miracle. What you read on their website is true.

|  I feel 1000% perfect!!  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

I flew down to L.A. to go to the Holtorf Medical Group in Torrance, coming all the way from Everett, Washington, to consult about my severe CFIDS case, one that I could find no help with in my (Seattle) area. I was in the office for over 4 hours, and left with meds & supplements. I felt 1000% better in only a few months. I want to thank the Holtorf Medical Group from the bottom of my heart for understanding and treating me and others with CFIDS! There is just such limited understanding of this life-sapping illness. They gave me my life back again. There's just no way to express how I felt re-joining the human race!

Mar 7th, 2011

I have been going to Holtorf Med group for a short period of time after trying over and over (begging) many doctors to help me. Im on 25 mg T3 to treat the reverse T3. I will be bumping up to 37.5. I love Holtorf med group. I feel so much better already

Mar 7th, 2011

I am so lucky I found Dr. Kent Holtorf and his colleagues at the Holtorf Medical Group. My younger sister has just been diagnosed with Graves' disease, and it reminds me of the TERRIBLE time I had finding a doctor who really cared, studied, and understood about the thyroid. I can't tell you the IDIOTS I went through before I found Dr. Holtorf. He has been a blessing in my life.

|  Won my battle with Graves Disease  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease approximately six years ago, had radiation and have been struggling with my health ever since. Kept seeing endocrinologist one after the other with no relief in symptoms. I found Dr. Holtorf's office and scheduled a consultation with them. They do not accept insurance but give you the paperwork to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. I have been seeing Dr. Laufer and have never felt better! They are an office that specializes in thyroid disease and many other metabolic and chronic disorders. They prescribe bioidentical hormones and have an on-site compounding pharmacy. Their pharmacy is wonderful. They deliver your medications free of charge next day delivery. They do tests conventional doctors will not do because of insurance restrictions and believe in total body wellness, not just treating the symptoms. I am so thankful I found Dr. Holtorf's office and more importantly Dr. Moses Laufer! He has changed my life, my health and my outlook!

Feb 28th, 2011

I just had my second visit with them and am already feeling much better so I am very happy. I was referred by a friend who was really helped by them. I have suffered for over 10 years going from Dr. to Dr. and put on the typical antidepressants and Lyrica, which made me feel worse. They do LOTS of testing and not just the usual stuff. I was found to have so many abnormalities including low thyroid (had numerous tests that said I was normal), herpes 6 and my blood was clotting too much. I started on T3 and felt about 30% better after a few weeks, which was the first thing that has helped in years. I was given a globulin shot, which really helped and then I was put on a very small dose of heparin a few weeks ago. My brain is now working! Yea. Its been great for me. They explained everything. I haven't even got to some of the issues yet but I have improved so much already.

Feb 27th, 2011

The Holtorf Medical Group is amazing. Ever since I started hormone replacement therapy and their shots, I feel like a new woman. I went from feeling tired and having no energy to feeling energized and full of life. It is like a blanket of doom was lifted and I can see and feel like never before. They also have a wonderful caring staff, which is nice.

|  Cool doctor  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2011

I am very pleased with the results of my treatment by Dr. Wayne Wightman, Dr. Kent Holtorf, and the staff at Holtorf Medical Group. I came to Dr. Wightman after years of being unable to lose weight, declining energy levels, rising blood pressure and constant body pain. Other physicians told me that everything was normal. I had run out of hope! Dr. Wightman listened to my story, believed me and began to address the problems. Following their recommended treatment plan I have been able to lose over 50 pounds. I have energy, my body no longer aches and I have renewed enthusiasm for life. Today I feel great and continue to lose weight. I enthusiastically recommend Dr. Wightman and the Holtorf Medical Group. They gave my life back to me!

|  Dr. Kent Holtorf is an amazing doctor!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2011

Amazing is probably the best description of my experience at Holtorf Medical Group. I almost forgot what it was like to feel this good each and every day. And to think my previous primary care physician just wanted me to take some Prozac! The nurse practitioner, who saw me and the entire staff at Holtorf are the most caring professionals anyone could hope to find in the medical industry. And most importantly, they all get it. I am always happy to give my highest recommendation to my family and friends on the fountain of youth I was blessed enough to find in Torrance. I myself will be a patient here for remainder of my life.

|  My Life Changed for the Better, Thanks to Dr. Kent Holtorf  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I was feeling horrible for many years and had been given many diagnoses, including chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Lupus, pre-lupus, depression and being told it was all psychosomatic. As it turns out, it was all due to Lyme that was never diagnosed until coming to the Holtorf Medical Group. Another doctor did think of it and tested for it but it was negative, but their test caught it. Now with treatment, including antibiotics and immune modulators and supplements, I am finally feeling good again. I dont where I would be if I a friend did not recommend this group. I hate to think.

|  Dr. Kent Holtorf at Holtorf Medical Group is a Great Physician  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I have been lucky enough to finally find a great thyroid doctor in Torrance, CA at the Holtorf Medical Group who knows about T3. After a year of taking increasing amounts of westhroid which is like armour, I wasn't getting better. Still gaining weight (40 pounds total), dragging through the day, no libido, all kinds of problems. I was desperate, so I found a new doctor. Now I've been on T3 for about 8 months and I'm finally getting close to my correct dose. We had to work our way up and finally for the first time in over 2 years my weight has started to go down. I lost 10 pounds almost instantly, I feel more energy. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He monitors my rT3 with every blood test. He said when it fell below 100 ( i think that was the target) that I would start to feel a lot better, and he was right. I just reached that number and that's when things started to change for the better. I think RT3 is especially a problem in people who have ever dieted strictly because it is the mechanism that prevents humans from dying during a famine. If you are able to come to Torrance, these guys really know what they're doing.

|  My new life  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

As a 51 year old Registered Nurse and was working at major medical centers in Los Angeles. I was under the impression that I had access to the best physicians. In the span of one year, I saw a total of 11 physicians3 internists, 1 gastrointestinal, 2 rheumatologist, 2 neurologists, 2 psychiatrists, and 1 endocrinologist. I was finally diagnosed with CFS and fibromyalgia with no effective treatment. I had to quit nursing as my symptoms and shortness of breath confined me to my apartment.I started seeing Dr. Holtorf and his group. After being bedridden for a year with no hope of recovery from my previous physicians, I knew Dr Holtorf was my only chance for regaining a life. I started to slowly regain some of my stamina back. Within 10 days, my shortness of breath was gone! For the first time in over a year, I could walk around the block! I dramatically improved and am very grateful. The quality of life I have now would not have been possible without The Holtorf Medical Group.

Feb 4th, 2011

My daughter Sarah was very impressed with Dr. Laufer and all of the team members that helped her. She especially appreciated all the time they spent talking with her and explaining information. Those of us in the health profession only tend to listen and focus on the negative. They have created a very special place to help patients and I appreciate all their kindness.

by Cheri B. on Feb 1st, 2011

Thanks to Dr. Laufer at the Holtorf Medical Group I have now been able to return to work with all of the therapies and treatments, especially the growth hormone injections, after no one else was able to help. Also, they are very patient and listen to all my problems. I am very grateful.

|  Dr Holtorf is a Fake Endocrinologist  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2011

I first saw Dr. Holtorf for tiredness and hair loss. He then told me I have hypothyroidism, Chronic fatique and lyme disease. He then prescribed me with medications worth thousands of dollars per month. His clinic does not take insurance and cash only.I later found out from Medical Board of California that he is not Board certified in Endocrinologist. He is a fake.Lily

|  I am very disappointed with the care I have received in your practice  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2010

I have been a patient of the Holtorf clinic for several years. When I first went there I received fantastic care. I have hypotyroidism and Dr Tennenbaum took such great care of me I referred a number of patients to this office. Holtorf does not take any insurance. You must pay up front. It seems like everytime I go in, I am pushed to take a number of costly supplements. The last 2 MDs that I saw there do not seem to know what they are doing. My thyroid symptoms are returning. Every time I ask a question I get the same text book drawing of how the thyroid medication will affect me. Everytime I go into the office its $300 just for the appt! I am in the medical field and have been asking the opinions of doctors in the area. Dr Holtorf does not have a very respected reputation in the medical community. I am done with being treated like an ATM. If you do not comply with the numerous office appts, Dr Holtorf will not refill your prescription. The office staff have progressively become more and more unprofessional. My days as a patient with Dr Holtorf are over!