Family Physicians
Video profile
South Shelby Family Medicine, P.C.
1022 1st Street North
Suite 302
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205) 663-4009
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Alice on Mar 31st, 2014

Dr. Kanatani has always been very patient and considerate with me about my health. He takes time to talk to me and suggest the different options I have for treatment.His staff is very supportive and responsive. You leave a message and they call right back.

by Kathy Rodgers on Feb 24th, 2014

My family has been with Dr. K from Cahaba Family Med to American Family Care and now to his own practice. He has saved my husbands life twice and we owe him and his staff so very much. I have never gone in where Dr. K did not recoginze me or ask about by family by name. If you looking for a Dr., he will always give you as much time as you need and he listens!!!!! One other thing....we live an hour away now and will still drive just to see him. We love ya Dr, Kanatani

|  Was a patience  |  show details
by Hobson on Sep 12th, 2013

Needed doc to interpret my records. Was patient for several years. I became unable to work so requested doc to set up appt to discuss my records but staff would not even take us and as a result lost disability claim. They said they didn't want to be involved. God will deal with you people.

Doctor's Response

Patients that have not been treated or evaluated at this practice location are considered new patients even if they were patients of Dr. Kanatani at his previous practice locations. Insurance standards also consider patients that have not been evaluated in three years or longer as new patients. Disability claim paperwork can be completed only by physicians that patients are currently under the care of.

Sep 15th, 2012

I have followed Dr. Kanatani now from his time at Cahaba Family Medicine, the doc-in-the-box, and now to his own practice. He is caring and compassionate and really cares for his patients!

|  Thumbs up  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2012

I've used Dr. K for 12 years or so. I started seeing him way back during his "doc-n-tha-box" years and didn't hesitate to follow him when he opened his own practice, I could't ask for a doctor with a better bedside manor or compassion. I've considered him a friend for most of that 12 years as does the rest of my family. Although I do wish he get off my a$$ about smoking and not taking my BP meds. GeezChris P. Ethredge