Dr. Kent Kanatani MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

April 4th, 2016
Dr. K is truly the best. I find him to be a really good "man doctor" meaning he seems to really understand the health problems mature and aging males face.

March 2nd, 2016
Dr. K. Has been my Dr. for years. My husband first saw him at American Family, my husband was so impressed he started going to him for regular exams. Once Dr. K started his own practice I also selected him as my primary Dr. He,s been there for me threw a heart attack and the lost of my husband due to lung Cancer. He takes time with me. Great staff also.

December 29th, 2015
He is the best, spends time with you.

December 2nd, 2015
Dr. K has always taken the time to listen to both me and my wife as we present our symptoms and history. He is clearly very knowledgeable and seems concerned about our wellbeing.

July 24th, 2015
Great Dr.
Dr Kanatani is an excellent doctor. Great bedside manner and is very intelligent. He actually will take the time to listen to a patient instead of rush, rush. I've been a patient of his for over 10 years.

February 13th, 2015
K is for kindness and knowledgeable
Dr. Kanatani is everything you want for a doctor...bottom line the best.

February 6th, 2015
Best Doctor ever!

March 31st, 2014
Dr. Kanatani has always been very patient and considerate with me about my health. He takes time to talk to me and suggest the different options I have for treatment.His staff is very supportive and responsive. You leave a message and they call right back.

February 24th, 2014
My family has been with Dr. K from Cahaba Family Med to American Family Care and now to his own practice. He has saved my husbands life twice and we owe him and his staff so very much. I have never gone in where Dr. K did not recoginze me or ask about by family by name. If you looking for a Dr., he will always give you as much time as you need and he listens!!!!! One other thing....we live an hour away now and will still drive just to see him. We love ya Dr, Kanatani

September 12th, 2013
Was a patience
Needed doc to interpret my records. Was patient for several years. I became unable to work so requested doc to set up appt to discuss my records but staff would not even take us and as a result lost disability claim. They said they didn't want to be involved. God will deal with you people.
Doctor's Response

Patients that have not been treated or evaluated at this practice location are considered new patients even if they were patients of Dr. Kanatani at his previous practice locations. Insurance standards also consider patients that have not been evaluated in three years or longer as new patients. Disability claim paperwork can be completed only by physicians that patients are currently under the care of.

September 15th, 2012
I have followed Dr. Kanatani now from his time at Cahaba Family Medicine, the doc-in-the-box, and now to his own practice. He is caring and compassionate and really cares for his patients!

June 27th, 2017